Note on offensive balance

StatTiger

18 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I do believe the pace of last year was due largely to the substitutions and said so many times.  The question is do we have the personnel this year to not have to do so many changes.  Only time will tell.

I think you will find that Robinson and Cox, alone, will make a huge difference on this front.

I agree @lionheartkc that they will help but a lot of times last year we were swapping WR in and out as much as RB.  Like some were better at blocking vs catching so you could almost call the play based on personnel.  I do think that Robinson\Johnson can run all the O for the RB and Cox will be great as FB\TB\TE.  I just hope Kodi has the WR ready to play to their potential.

I don't know about you guys & gals, but I am ready for some football!!

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

I agree @lionheartkc that they will help but a lot of times last year we were swapping WR in and out as much as RB.  Like some were better at blocking vs catching so you could almost call the play based on personnel.  

Receiver is THE big question this year, if you ask me, and it all hangs on whether the new guys can breath some life into the unit.  I would bet money that, if they can't block, they won't be playing, and there won't be any more swapping in the hands team on third down.

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Receiver is THE big question this year, if you ask me, and it all hangs on whether the new guys can breath some life into the unit.  I would bet money that, if they can't block, they won't be playing, and there won't be any more swapping in the hands team on third down.

My guess as well but there weren't many WRs already on the team last year that blocked worth anything.

when you are not making first downs you cannot go fast. not much else matters if you don't move the chains.

How did our spring's physicality compare with last year or the previous years?

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I don't think it was reported.

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't think it was reported.

Thanks. I'm curious.  I hope we went back to a similarly physical spring like prior to the 2013 season.

15 hours ago, Tiger said:

Thanks. I'm curious.  I hope we went back to a similarly physical spring like prior to the 2013 season.

Tyler Queen will tell you that it was physical.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tiger said:

I think I remember reports that they did go live with QB's a couple of practices during spring.  Overall tone of practices I have no idea though.