***How to get updates from only the forums/areas you want

ellitor

There are some of us out there who only want to read content from certain forums/area of AUFamily. There is a streamlined way to do this now. These steps are for being on the computer. I would think mobile is similar but IDK.

Step 1: Go to each forum/area you like and click on follow in the upper right hand side of that forum. (For example, I followed the announcements area & all the areas/forums under the sports section.)

Step 2: Once you have followed all the forums/ areas you want, go to the Unread Content page

Step 3: Just above the newest content items you have not read there is a white bar with 7 options going from left to right that start with "Show Me". The 5th Option is "Following". Click on it.

Step 4: Click on "Content Posted in Areas I Follow" and it will show you only new posts from the forums/areas you followed in step 1.

Step 5: There is an orange box that comes up to the immediate right that reads "Save As New Stream". Click on it.

Step 6: A box pops up letting you choose the title for your new stream. (I chose E's Forums for example) Once you have chosen a title click on "Create Stream".

Step 7: The site goes to your newly made stream page. To the left of the stream page title there are 3 circular options. The 3rd option reads "Set As Your Default Stream". When you click on this your newly made stream will show up on the upper & lower right hand side of every page  to the immediate left of "Mark Site Read". Your newly made stream will also show up at the bottom of your "My Activities Stream" List.

I know this was a bit to read but I promise it's not as hard as it sounds to do. I hope this helps everyone who wants to have a more streamlined AUFamily experience. Enjoy the newly formatted site & War Eagle!

** One more note. If you want posts from subforums/areas like Help & Support, Media Related, Rivals, & Rivals Recruiting to show up in your newly made stream you have to go to those subforum/area pages & follow them as well. Following the AU Football forum/area alone for example will not get posts from Rivals into your stream.

One more note. If you want posts from subforums/areas like Help & Support, Media Related, Rivals, & Rivals Recruiting to show up in your newly made stream you have to go to those subforum/area pages & follow them as well. Following the AU Football forum/area alone for example will not get posts from Rivals into your stream.

Archived