***2017 3* S Jordyn Peters Signed with AU (Updated)

Update (8/19/16) - Jordyn commits to AU!

Peters, from Muscle Shoals, Ala., informed Auburn’s coaching staff on Sunday that he intends to sign with the Tigers in February.

“It’s an amazing feeling,” Peters said. “It was great to hear their reactions and how they felt when I told them. They were real pumped up about it.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/dream-becomes-reality-for-peters

Jordyn Peters ™
Jordyn Peters, S
Muscle Shoals, Ala.
Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 185

• Picked up AU offer at Camp on 7/16/16
  • Called Auburn a "dream school"
  • Unofficial visit to AU 7/23/1
  • 7 major conference offers including 3 from the SEC
  •  Had 89 tackles and five interceptions as a junior

247Sports: 3*
Rivals: 3*
Scout: 2*

Offers: Auburn, Arkansas State, Duke, Louisville, Mercer, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Tulane, Virginia Tech and Yale, among others.

Complete 2017 Commitment List

Edited by ellitor

Low 3 star but highlights look pretty good.  Speed is the concern definitely physically strong for 185lbs and because he's not just supremely athletic he appears to have a high football IQ... That's just from watching the hudl highlights 

Just don't see how we didn't offer Woods from Florence...I just really wish I could understand what we are doing as far as recruiting DB's the last few years, I can't make sense of it

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just don't see how we didn't offer Woods from Florence...I just really wish I could understand what we are doing as far as recruiting DB's the last few years, I can't make sense of it

I think we had a nice class of DB's last year. Davis is potentially one of the better Dbacks we have had in a while and we got others with potential as well. I am not too concerned, but I think CWM helped in bringing the class in.

Yes Davis is good, but the reason Davis even played is because our depth was bad because we damn sure weren't losing guys to the draft early. When you're usually signing 3-4 db's a year hitting on one every other year isn't good at all. I'm a cynical guy and actually because of our team more than anything I've learned not to even speak on potential. I'm a guy played good or didn't and the last few years our secondary hasn't been good IMO

The twitters are saying stay tuned for 3:00.

Edit) 

- Gave his top six

-Proclaimed that Auburn shot up to the top when he was offered July 16

-Lifetime Auburn fan 

-Says he will be committing the next few weeks.

Edited by aujeff11

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Committed.

Nice little commitment video he put together. Impressive kid. 

I'm happy because he's an area kid and I'm really going to root for him, but that's some suspect recruiting like I said a while ago

To the extent this can even be considered a risk, a guy with that length (legit 6'2") and explosiveness (41" vertical) is absolutely the kind of guy you take a risk on. That's less of a "suspect" approach and more of an advanced analytics approach.

Glad to have Jordyn on board! War Eagle!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

To the extent this can even be considered a risk, a guy with that length (legit 6'2") and explosiveness (41" vertical) is absolutely the kind of guy you take a risk on. That's less of a "suspect" approach and more of an advanced analytics approach.

Glad to have Jordyn on board! War Eagle!

He doesn't have a 41" vertical and he's not close as good as a guy that plays ten miles away at the same position. And they didn't recruit at all. And that's suspect

Edited by cole256

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you think he has a 41 inch vertical you're suspect as well but what do I know I've just watched the kids play since they were 12. I'm sure you know more

Relax Cole. Just a difference of opinion which is ok. It wasn't an attack to you.

Edited by ellitor

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Relax Cole. Just a difference of opinion which is ok. It wasn't an attack to you.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You're absolutely right and I was editing my comment but now I see you quoted it. But right is right. I think you should follow your own advice in this regard sometimes as well.

But my apologies I misread his post the first time. I need to do a better job using my human performance tools

And i didn't need to that in this thread either and I was wrong for that. Congratulations to this young man. People are starting to see the talent in northwest Alabama, rep for the city my dude!

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He doesn't have a 41" vertical and he's not close as good as a guy that plays ten miles away at the same position. And they didn't recruit at all. And that's suspect

cole, i have resigned myself to the fact that that about everything that this staff does is "suspect".....i am really concerned by the recruiting results for the last three years...sure, there is talent, but a whole bunch of misses, plus a bunch of transfers and dismissals,too....