***2017 3* S Jordyn Peters Signed with AU (Updated)

I think he has the tools to be coached up and can really improve his 40 time to be able to compete in the SEC.  I feel good about the young man and he may very well be near or at a 4 star level of talent when the HS season ends. I love to see kids that we go after early on and watch them turn into a solid 3+ star or 4 star when it is time to sign.

This guy just seems to play with a sense of purpose and agression.  Seems like if he gets his hands on you, you are going down.  And you might just get powerbombed!!  Not to mention he is pretty darn fast and seems to have a nose for the ball, which we need in that secondary for the future. We need guys with bad intentions on the field. I welcome that...

Very good pickup here, helps fill a need and getting a kid from MSHS can benefit us in the future. Win-win to me.  

Cole, the report on his vert is included in every major article on his commitment. I trust the reports to be close to accurate, but what do they know? They just cover Auburn sports for a living. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Very good pickup here, helps fill a need and getting a kid from MSHS can benefit us in the future. Win-win to me.  

I agree we don't seem to get many from that area.I'm so glad we have been getting the Madison Academy players the last few years also.Both these area's could pay off big in the future.More talent there than most think and the kids usually qualify. 

color me impressed!  Offers from duke and yale!  this must be one bright kid.  WDE Jordyn!!!!!

9 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Cole, the report on his vert is included in every major article on his commitment. I trust the reports to be close to accurate, but what do they know? They just cover Auburn sports for a living. 

I've watched the kid, played pick up basketball against him since he was 14.....But yeah you trust your reports. Believe those 4.1 running times as well. You dudes are funny. Right now in high school he supposedly can out jump at least 85% of professional football and basketball players??? Use your brain. 

But remember that cover football for a living when you start your spill on why a guy is better than what's reported when you want to sunshine pump the other angle as well. And I won't even speak on Mikey talking out of his neck lol

Edited by cole256

On 7/24/2016 at 8:14 AM, cole256 said:

Just don't see how we didn't offer Woods from Florence...I just really wish I could understand what we are doing as far as recruiting DB's the last few years, I can't make sense of it

Because our coaches know a thing or two about recruits and they like Peters better.

• Like 2

Looks to have camped well at Auburn.

Per article linked in the OP. 

He attended Auburn’s camp on July 16 and was the top defensive back in attendance. Peters ran a 4.45-second 40-yard dash, had a 40-inch vertical leap and was a standout in 1-on-1 drills.

But then again what do the Auburn coaches know about recruiting? :-\

Edited by SumterAubie

On 7/24/2016 at 8:14 AM, cole256 said:

Just don't see how we didn't offer Woods from Florence...I just really wish I could understand what we are doing as far as recruiting DB's the last few years, I can't make sense of it

Apperently Coach Crime Dog  prefers giving committable offers to DBs that come camp for him so he can see them in person with his own eyes. That's what 1 site is reporting anyway. I don't believe Woods has come to AU to camp to show what he can do since CWM became DB coach. 

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Because our coaches know a thing or two about recruits and they like Peters better.

Except linebackers right? Then it's ok for you to question coaches right? Gthoh

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Looks to have camped well at Auburn.

Per article linked in the OP. 

He attended Auburn’s camp on July 16 and was the top defensive back in attendance. Peters ran a 4.45-second 40-yard dash, had a 40-inch vertical leap and was a standout in 1-on-1 drills.

But then again what do the Auburn coaches know about recruiting? :-\

Like in so many things, we'll see. But anyway I was hoping somebody that really knows about things in the recruiting circuit and how it works would maybe know something. I didn't expect the simple the coaches know everything crew to even pay attention to this. 

Edited by cole256

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Apperently Coach Crime Dog  prefers giving committable offers to DBs that come camp for him so he can see them in person with his own eyes. That's what 1 site is reporting anyway. I don't believe Woods has come to AU to camp to show what he can do since CWM became DB coach. 

That could be, but that would limit themselves so much, I don't know. I was also thinking maybe him already being committed to Michigan, or maybe they feel he grows into a linebacker. Or maybe Peters played the best he's ever played at the right moment. And playing great when the lights are on is important as anything. And impressive

LMAO! Cole feels rained on because his personal pick for an Auburn scholarship got passed over for somebody that actually cared enough about AU to come to a camp.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2016 at 5:06 PM, Mikey said:

LMAO! Cole feels rained on because his personal pick for an Auburn scholarship got passed over for somebody that actually cared enough about AU to come to a camp.

No I feel like we're missing over the best athletes and I like for my school to win. But to be honest I'm taking the evaluation from Harbaugh over you, your stupid hate Cole crew and all the coaches on this staff as well....

I did this about Reggie ragland when he came out too, I did this about my cousin for basketball as well. I did this about benequiz Brown, and kivon coman. I even did this for the kid who started for middle tn state at left tackle as a freshman.....looks like I may know what I'm talking about....what about you though?

But one thing about it, I've seen, and worked out/played against both prospects....I wonder how much can you know? Like your comment about caring about camp? You just love talking out of your ass but you don't know anything

Edited by cole256

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

You just love talking out of your ass but you don't know anything

Wow, it took you eight days to get all worked up about my post? What happened, sitting around on a Sunday night downing a few brews and suddenly got all enraged and stuff? Monday was going to come anyway, whether you blow off steam or not.

Today Florence and muscle shoals play so Peters and woods both in action tonight on the same field. Woods dad wrote a great Facebook post hoping for the best for them both. They've been playing against each other since they were 10.  We watch the kids come up from pee wee until now and that's why I laugh when someone tries to tell me about a reporter evaluating off a 5 minute highlight.....I'm going off of years not minutes with some of these kids

http://www.timesdaily.com/sports/high_school/woods-peters-prepare-for-rivalry-game/article_6bd9a836-4c08-5def-a4af-0c2424e41291.html

Edited by cole256

Since MSHS was in Athens tonight, I cruised over to check Jordyn out. Clearly a good athlete and played a physical ballgame. He has better size than what I was picturing in my head. Had several good pass breakups and one particular big hit on a kickoff. He played the entire game at CB best I could tell. Just a really good ball player all around.  

• Like 5

On 9/9/2016 at 10:08 PM, NoALtiger said:

Since MSHS was in Athens tonight, I cruised over to check Jordyn out. Clearly a good athlete and played a physical ballgame. He has better size than what I was picturing in my head. Had several good pass breakups and one particular big hit on a kickoff. He played the entire game at CB best I could tell. Just a really good ball player all around.  

He came into the barber shop while I was at home visiting. I told him about this very thread and his 41" vertical and we laughed about it. I told him to go hard and enjoy it. And if it ever come where they turn on you and hate you do the same because no matter what him and j'marrick are in positions that millions of other kids dream to be in. He's a good dude. 

• Like 1

Always worry about the kids from the Shoals. Seems uat has such a stronghold there from a recruiting and fanbase perspective. Glad to pluck one out of he signs though.