2017 4* WR Tarik Black (Michigan 12/14/16)

RunInRed

Visited Auburn over the weekend, picked up an offer ...

Had a Great Visit At Auburn! Thankful to have received an Offer! War Damn Eagle #AuburnFast

Chyq2i8WMAAOCvi.jpg

Chyq2jRWUAA1b-U.jpg

Chyq2i-WsAA_Kqh.jpg

@LetmeRockk_

hf8_Kh_X9_L_400x400.jpg
Tarik Black, WR
Cheshire, CT (Chesire Academy)
Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 205 | 40: 4.48

247Sports: 4*
ESPN: 4*
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 4*

Black is a big target who tracks the ball well and high-points his catches. He goes over the middle and can also get down the field. He has big hands to secure the ball and tucks it quickly. He gets off the line well and is quick in and out of breaks. He knows how to use his size against the defensive backs. He needs to add strength to be more physical down the field and also to be a more effective blocker. -- Brian Dohn

http://www.scout.com/player/190398-tarik-black/analysis?year=2016

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, East Carolina, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, NC State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Old Dominion, Rutgers, Stanford, Syracuse, Temple, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech, UCLA, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

Noticed the Heisman was missing in Cam's case. Out for show somewhere?

I love this kids size. I hope he has us high on his list.

Noticed the Heisman was missing in Cam's case. Out for show somewhere?

It stays in the Athletic Department building (by the indoor practice facility) with Bo and Sully's trophies until gameday. Then it lives in the AU locker room in JHS (where the picture is taken)

• 2 months later...

4_4574644.jpg

24 major conference offers

Wants to commit by September 17th

Has visited AU 3 times

AU in select group along with Notre Dame per Free Rivals article on 7/17/16

247 Profile

Auburn among a 'select few' for elite WR

AUBURN | With more than 30 offers to his credit, Tarik Black has his choice of just about any top program in the nation.

The four-star wide receiver from Cheshire (Conn.) Academy does have a “select few in mind,” but isn’t ready to name them all.

Black did confirm Auburn, which he visited for a third time this weekend, is one those.

“They’re in the select few,” Black said. “Definitely the family atmosphere (stands out). I really like the coaching staff. They’re real down to earth guys. That’s a big deal.”

And what about Notre Dame, a school he’s also visited on multiple occasions?

“They’re in the select few as well,” Black said.

Black, 6-foot-3.5 and 206 pounds, participated in Auburn’s skill camp Saturday afternoon, receiving a lot of 1-on-1 instruction from Gus Malzahn and receivers coach Kodi Burns.

“The camp went great,” Black said. “I was glad to get to work with Coach Burns and get some advice and tips from Coach Malzahn. It was a great camp and the visit was great as well.”

Black said he’s developed a close relationship with Burns.

“Me and Kodi, we text each other a lot, we talk on the phone. We have a really good relationship. Ever since they offered me we’ve been developing a great relationship,” Black said. “He’s a young coach and pretty much went through everything I’m going through right now. He’s very relatable and he’s a great guy.”

Malzahn and Burns had an important message to Black before he left.

“They just want me as an Auburn Tiger. They see me coming in and having an opportunity to play right away,” Black said.

Black wants to make a decision before the start of his senior season on Sept. 17. He wants to go on a couple of official visits first and could return to Auburn the weekend of Sept. 3 for the Clemson game.

He said distance from home won’t play a factor in his final decision.

“Family atmosphere, great coaching staff and just feeling comfortable (are the main factors),” he said.

Link

It's impressive that TB has visited AU 3 times coming down from Connecticut. Funny thing is I don't remember hearing about him til yesterday.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's impressive that TB has visited AU 3 times coming down from Connecticut. Funny thing is I don't remember hearing about him til yesterday.

Been goofing off, have you?

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Been goofing off, have you?

Lol no. There just has not been coverage on him from AU reporters for whatever reason til this weekend.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Lol no. There just has not been coverage on him from AU reporters for whatever reason til this weekend.

First time I've heard his name was in this thread. 

6 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

First time I've heard his name was in this thread. 

So, we've got TWO slackers here!

:)

We ate definitely in the running with TB. I would put us right at the top along with NoTre Dame. I expect he will be back on an official visit for the Clemson game.

• 3 weeks later...

I got to talk with TB for a minute after his visit to Michigan this past weekend.  Our families were both dropping off our cars at Hertz waiting to head to the Detroit airport.  He and his mom and dad had on their Michigan "stuff" they got from the visit.  I noticed a red Georgia band on his wrist so I struck up a conversation with him because my daughter attended UGA (unfortunately she couldn't follow in my footsteps to “The Loveliest Village On The Plains" because of the out of state costs).  WOW!  What a polite and sharp kid!  Mom and dad are doing a great job raising him!  I asked him about the other visits he had been on and I think he listed just about every top program across the country. I believe that was the part of the conversation that I gave him a big "WAR EAGLE"!  I sure hope the "family atmosphere" he sees at Auburn...like nowhere else...along with the great education, facilities and coaches, is enough to get him to play for the burnt orange and navy blue!!  I can tell he is going to be a great person and teammate along with being a great football player!

WAR EAGLE!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Great timing. The game we focus on the run game.

Can't be no worse than last week. Gus hurt offensive recruiting by himself with the game plan & play calling last week. Who needs teams negatively recruiting you when you do it yourself? The O recruits besides Stidham did not enjoy last week's game. By games' end many O recruits were gone or uninterested.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Can't be no worse than last week. Gus hurt offensive recruiting by himself with the game plan & play calling last week. Who needs teams negatively recruiting you when you do it yourself? The O recruits besides Stidham did not enjoy last week's game. By games' end many O recruits were gone or uninterested.

Are you serious? Wow. I mean I know we didn't look good, but if you're really considering a school, do you bail based on one game?

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

Are you serious? Wow. I mean I know we didn't look good, but if you're really considering a school, do you bail based on one game?

Not grown men I don't guess but never can tell about a 17 year old. Besides, they may have been uninterested in this one game and bailed, not on the program as a whole. 

5 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Kids are reactionary & many of those O recruits for this class likely won't see AU again in person.

Coach Burns....first time I've heard that. Kinda makes you pause and reflect, then smile. Good for him and proud of the job he's doing. Hopefully Black liked what he saw Saturday from our receivers. We sure could use his height!

Actually, Tarik got to see a nice all round game. There were a significant number of passes thrown and caught, and our offense was exciting to watch last week.

Archived