2017 4* WR Tarik Black (Michigan 12/14/16)

RunInRed

13 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Actually, Tarik got to see a nice all round game. There were a significant number of passes thrown and caught, and our offense was exciting to watch last week.

Perfect game for a recruit. Now if we can just whip up on an SEC opponent!

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Perfect game for a recruit. Now if we can just whip up on an SEC opponent!

Yep, this weeks game is a big one.

• 2 months later...

Looks like Burns is out beating the bushes and working on the talent!  link

Auburn receivers coach Kodi Burns on Thursday visited one of Auburn's top receiver targets, Tarik Black of Connecticut.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Great In-Home Visit w/ Auburn Coach @KodiBurns ! #WDE ??

The 6-feet-4, 208-pound Black, who officially visited Auburn in September, is the No. 18 receiver in the 247Sports Composite.

He is expected to announce his college choice in the next two to three weeks.

Michigan is the favorite in the 247Sports Crystal Ball, but Auburn is in his top group, sources told AuburnUndercover.com. Black has visited the school multiple times.

Tigers coach Gus Malzahn is expected to do an in-home visit with Black next week.

Burns will visit another receiver target Friday -- Tamorrion Terry of Georgia.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, aucoff22 said:

Neibuhr is reporting he will announce commitment tomorrow at 1.  Anybody got any inclinations on who he will pick?

Meeeeeechigan and been that way for a loooong time.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Meeeeeechigan and been that way for a loooong time.

Could rumors of Harbaugh possibly taking the Rams job change his mind? 

9 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Could rumors of Harbaugh possibly taking the Rams job change his mind? 

Since he has moved his commitment to tomorrow up from the All Star game, very unlikely.

We can always hope that the last thing that happened before he announced the change in commitment time was a phone call from Stidham.  That being said, better Michigan than bama...

On 12/2/2016 at 6:42 PM, CameronCrazy said:

I would LOVE to steal this guy. We need more 6'4 and taller receivers who are physical and have great hands.

Nothing puts a QB more at ease on 3rd down.

If the intel is true then this could get very interesting Link...

4-star WR Tarik Black, Cheshire Academy (Conn.) 

Intel: Black took his official visit to Auburn on Sept. 10. Since then, he took an official visit to Alabama. Black also took his official visit to Michigan — the perceived favorite — for the season-opener on Sept. 3.

The Wolverines have been the projected favorite from the get-go, and Black hasn’t quieted those murmurs based on some of his public Michigan love. Alabama also was considered a front-runner at this point, but it is believed the Crimson Tide might not be pushing for the 6-foot-4 receiver as heavily as Auburn and Michigan who have both taken regular in-home visits.

The relationship with Auburn wide receivers coach Kodi Burns runs deep. Black has said Burns recruits him the hardest, and it’s uncontested. It’s a hour-to-hour interaction that’s more like a friendship than anything. And I’ve been told by a reliable source that Black was actually on campus in Auburn for the last weekend of the contact period. That would be something.

Also noteworthy: Black moved up his decision date. He originally indicated he would announce through a Bleacher Report video. He now will decide during a ceremony at his school. It’s not clear whether that adjustment has anything to do with his college choice.

Decision time: 12 p.m. CT/1 p.m. ET

Prediction: Everyone thinks it’s a done deal for Michigan — 96 percent of the Crystal Ball predictions point in the Wolverines’ favor. I hate to give non-predictions, but I have to do that here. Everything points to Michigan, but I trust my intel that Black visited campus last weekend. If that’s the case, it’s a conveniently-timed, awfully-secretive trip to the Plains. I wouldn’t rule out the Tigers like most of the industry has for a while. In fact, I might give them the 51-49 edge. It would be a surprise to the recruiting world, no doubt, but that’s been the theme of the week.

Archived