2017 4* Buck Jarez Parks

ellitor

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Per @AndrewJBone, Jarez Parks spot at Alabama is contingent on Labryan Ray's decision. Details on the situation:

https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals250-prospect-jarez-parks-fights-through-tears-to-delay-announcment

Still a long shot if he doesn't commit to Alabama according to that article, which doesn't mention us. Sad that he was ready to commit to Alabama and got the stiff arm this morning. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Still a long shot if he doesn't commit to Alabama according to that article, which doesn't mention us. Sad that he was ready to commit to Alabama and got the stiff arm this morning. 

It was written by Andrew Bone.  Grain of salt and such.

This article indicates we are very much in the mix.

Games....if he isn't in their top 25, I would go where there is "real Family".  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

It was written by Andrew Bone.  Grain of salt and such.

This article indicates we are very much in the mix.

Thanks. I was going to mention that I have no clue what might actually be happening. On another note, LeBryan is supposed to commit right now?

Four-star defensive end/buck Jarez Parks (Sebastian River, Fla.) was slated to publicly announce for Alabama at his high school Wednesday morning.

It didn't happen.

Parks said he was 'too emotional' to announce a decision.

Word has been circulating for awhile that he may not be a take for the Crimson Tide.

In the meantime, per multiple sources, Auburn, Baylor, Miami and Georgia have been reaching out to Parks' camp showing interest in the U.S. Army All-American.

The 4-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 7 weakside defensive and the No. 17 prospect in Florida in the 2017 class by 247SportsComposite.

The Crystal Ball reads 78-percent for Alabama, 17-percent for Florida and four-percent foggy.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Developments-with-4-star-Jarez-Parks-51010297

So sounds like if he doesn't sign with Bama, he will be announcing later today and choosing between Auburn, Florida and Florida State, according to the article posted by TitanTiger.

If parks really wanted to kick bamas ass for the public embarrassment he could come to AU and light em up every November for the next 4 . 

Just now, Barnacle said:

@ellitor does Parks not have a "commitable" offer from Alabama? How does that work? He had an offer and they rescinded it this morning? If he had a commitable offer, he could just sign that letter in and sent it in. 

Per @AndrewJBone, Jarez Parks spot at Alabama is contingent on Labryan Ray's decision. Details on the situation:
https://n.rivals.com/news/rivals250-prospect-jarez-parks-fights-through-tears-to-delay-announcment

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

@ellitor does Parks not have a "commitable" offer from Alabama? How does that work? He had an offer and they rescinded it this morning? If he had a commitable offer, he could just sign that letter in and sent it in. 

Bama was always keeping him in the wings as a backup plan is what I heard. He always knew that. Contrary to what most Auburn posters think, this isn't like Saban just pulled an offer from a kid at the last minute. Parks knew this was a possibility all along. Still sucks though.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Man, what I would give for JR to cover/announce recruiting and NSD lol

OOOOOH MY GAWD!!!! BRYANT CHOKE SLAMS UGA! BRYANT CHOKE SLAMS LSU! HE PICKS AUBURN!!! OH MY GAWD! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Covered the first part in the NSD thread. As for the last Bama can choose not to accept & certify it.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Covered the first part in the NSD thread. As for the last Bama can choose not to accept & certify it.

You sure about that last part? I don't know how these contracts are structured, but legally speaking, if you have an offer and an acceptance, then you have a valid contract. It would surprise me that a school could give a kid a committable offer, have him accept it, and have legal standing not to "certify" it. 

@mcgufcm thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You sure about that last part? I don't know how these contracts are structured, but legally speaking, if you have an offer and an acceptance, then you have a valid contract. It would surprise me that a school could give a kid a committable offer, have him accept it, and have legal standing not to "certify" it. 

Faxing it in does not make it binding. It still has to be certified.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, thaitopher said:

Maybe he will end up being Auburn' s next Elijah Daniel but without the off field arrest and theft issues. 

Just going to bump my own thread here for future reference.

Archived