Sunshine Pumping 2016

Win4AU

I've heard weeks of "experts" and fans play down Auburn to a 7-5 team at best which can mean only one thing.  In my 34 years of Auburn Football bad predictions=football glory for the Tigers.  My sunshine predictions are :

AU 38 - Clemson 35.  AU finds offense while Clemson looks for replacements on D

AU 45-Ark St. 17

AU 45-TaMu 24.  Their defense will still suck

AU 27- LSU 21.  Fournette's 200yrds won't be enough

AU 56-ULM 7.  JJ gets some snaps

AU 31 - MSU 17.  No Dak

AU 27 - Ark 17.  NCM catches all his passes

AU 34 -Ole Miss 33 classic game

AU 44 - Vandy 7.  Vandy's D holds AU to 3 fgs

AU 24- UGA 21 Freshamn qb throws 3 int for uga

AU 73 - AaM 21 

AU 34 - UA 28.  Bama finishes 9-3

AU 42 - UT 35 tough game

AU 42- FSU 21 sweet revenge 

AU 45 - OSU 41 Urban Meyer winless against Auburn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Works for me !!!

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

Better put on some serious sunscreen after those picks!:jossun:

I'm thinking SPF 1,000. But would LOVE to see this happen!

Looks like you have predicted our O to be outstanding. So who is QBing this offensive juggernaut in your scenario? 

Either Sean or JF3.  Most likely Sean with JF3 being brought in as a change of pace qb.  Based off Stats info I believe that Sean/Jovon combo are Auburn's best options.  Moving the ball wasn't a problem with Sean as qb last year.  I believe a full offseason of practice with the first team will improve this.  JF3 in goal line situations with Kerryon bring more opportunity for TDs.  JJ will play cleanup and Woody will redshirt

they score 4 touchdowns, 3 field goals, and 2 safeties?  I was wondering the same thing........lol

I say Vandy game  starts with defensive struggle at 9-7 Auburn at half.  We then take the kickoff back and surprise with a 2 point conversion. Add a pick six along with another 2 point conversion speed sweep to JF3. Pretty much automatic conversion in that foot race.  We open it up with 2 more TDS +2 to finish the game 41-7. That's one scenario.  I just hope nothing happened with our Groza finalist kicker after half time. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

how does au score 41 with 3fgs on vandy?

You and your fancy math skills. 

Auburn beats every team, including $pUAT, by 8 points or more. We win the Natty against coach Harbaugh's Michigan team by three touchdowns resulting in Harbaugh becoming clinically depressed, and showing up at football camps next year with no pants on as well. Oh, and JF3 leads us there.

200.gif

Now this is how things will go for us in 2016! I think we beat bammer 42-13 and Saban has a severe bowel blockage that is relieved when we beat the crap out of him!

QB play..............This season and every season under Gus will be determined by QB play.  To run this offense you have to have it.  Running Pro Style offenses gives you the luxury of a game manager that can stretch the field vertically while his teammates shine.  With the Spread under Gus the QB has to be a threat.  Maybe if JF III does not grab the spot Gus will put Sean or Jeremy into more situations where they have more options to get rid of the ball.  We need more intermediate routes in a big way.  One of the TE's needs to step up and become a weapon on 5-10 yard routes.  We can't just run WR screens or deep balls.  It is getting the QB's killed.  

^ We can use Pettway and Cox for tight end plays, since we kind of did the same with Prosch in 2013 despite him not actually being a tight end.

A lot of the passing plays have intermediate routes, the issue is trying for the home run every time rather than checking down.

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A lot of the passing plays have intermediate routes, the issue is trying for the home run every time rather than checking down.

That's true. I do get frustrated with the big risk/reward plays. Deep balls aren't exactly high percentage throws and when we are putting our quarterback 7 yards behind the LOS after two fakes...well you better have someone who you can rely on in those intermediate and deep routes. Its obvious, I know, but a big body over the middle and a deep threat - someone who can take on double coverage, not just outrun them - will make our quarterbacks look a lot better. 

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

That's true. I do get frustrated with the big risk/reward plays. Deep balls aren't exactly high percentage throws and when we are putting our quarterback 7 yards behind the LOS after two fakes...well you better have someone who you can rely on in those intermediate and deep routes. Its obvious, I know, but a big body over the middle and a deep threat - someone who can take on double coverage, not just outrun them - will make our quarterbacks look a lot better. 

I agree. Making checkdowns after all that faking is difficult. I think they are determined to throw the deep ball.

Darvin Adams was so good at those intermediate routes. Of course he would burn deep, but a lot of those were because he excelled at route running and double moves.  The SC game in sec Champs was a perfect example. 

Nick should have checked down to Sammie against uga in 13 but threw it into double coverage 5 yards past Ricardo.   That ended up ok.  JJ threw into triple coverage to Jason smith last iron bowl and that turned out ok.  Actually the JJ throw was right where it needed to be and Jason smiths bobble turned that from a 15-20yrd gain to the amazing td.

This is a pretty good schedule for sunshine pumping honestly. Our schedule has many opponents that's dropped off from last year in terms of NFL departures. I predicted a 5-1 realistic, 6-0 optimal scenario for the first half. Basically if the QB works out, we should be one of the best, easy. 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is a pretty good schedule for sunshine pumping honestly. Our schedule has many opponents that's dropped off from last year in terms of NFL departures. I predicted a 5-1 realistic, 6-0 optimal scenario for the first half. Basically if the QB works out, we should be one of the best, easy. 

For the early part of the season Clemson's offense is a concern the AU defense better be ready to get to Watson.  I think AU can handle aTm at home.  LSU will be returning 18 players with starting experience from last year's team - they will ride Fournette like a thoroughbred in JHS and our defense better be ready to manhandle that LSU oline and get to Fournette early and often.  I'm predicting 4-2 for the 1st half of the season.

Archived