i-3PvDZzr-X2.jpg?itok=WJ6Fdg1p
Chuma Okeke, SF
Fairburn, GA (Westlake)
Travel Team: Georgia Stars
Ht: 6'7 | Wt: 225

247Sports: 4*
ESPN: 4*
Rivals

Offers: Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, George Mason, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, LSU, Mississippi State, Southern Methodist, UAB and Wake Forest, among others.

AU now has the #1 class according 247Sports... 

Auburn has secured a commitment from four-star forward Chuma Okeke as first reported by Evan Daniels. The Tigers now have the No. 1 ranked class in the 2017 247Sports Composite Recruiting Rankings.

Okeke, 6-7, 225-pounds from Fairburn (Ga.) Westlake High School, is coming off a strong showing in Las Vegas. He is ranked No. 57 in the 247Sports Composite.

He joins two highly ranked prospects big man Austin Wiley and point guard Davion Mitchell in the promising 2017 Auburn recruiting class.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-now-has-No-1-class-in-2017-46405023

CoKcDFGWIAQuqgF.jpg

CoKcDLyXYAADZBA.jpg

CoKcDKgWgAA5HNJ.jpg

CoKcDMoW8AQwbd3.jpg

43 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

#1 class in the country...in basketball. Let that sink in for a bit. 

I am trying to.  That was what I was about to post myself. Unreal. I hope it sticks. 

Very smooth player. I like that he is coming with Davion...should be some built in chemistry. It's early but still hard to believe we have the #1 class

Has he given an interview since commiting?

What are the signing dates? I'm not used to being a fan of a basketball school...

Edited by aujeff11

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Beat me to it too. Wow!!! Three players in the top forty five!!

3 of the top 60 on the composite.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I am trying to.  That was what I was about to post myself. Unreal. I hope it sticks. 

It won't. We are likely only taking 1 more. It will stick in the top 10 though & maybe top 5.

50 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Thanks for edit E. 

Wan't me. I can only edit in the recruiting forums.

How fun is our BBall team going to be to watch in the next few years! Soo Cool! Gotta love Coach Pearl. Auburn in the NCAA tournament on a regular basis, sounds crazy, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

How fun is our BBall team going to be to watch in the next few years! Soo Cool! Gotta love Coach Pearl. Auburn in the NCAA tournament on a regular basis, sounds crazy, doesn't it?

Let's just get there first.

Edited by ellitor

This is awesome! I've seen where's listed as a SF/PF as well as considered as a frontcourt pickup. Is he more of a big man or does he have a perimeter player's skillset?

Edited by Tiger
spelling error

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Has he given an interview since commiting?

What are the signing dates? I'm not used to being a fan of a basketball school...

Bump :-\

44 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bump :-\

No interviews yet. And please tell me you are doing simple searches on your own instead of coming straight here asking & expecting others to do it for you.

Some of these questions that I'm asking are not very simple. Such as yesterday when I wanted to know what our updated class rank in football would be. I searched but couldn't determine if it was updated or not. I definitely searched for the interviews on Twitter though. 

Edited by aujeff11

18 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Never thought I would see the day..................Astounding.....War Damn Eagle.

19 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Now is where Coach Pearl begins to realize that everything he finds annoying about Auburn's compliance department is worth putting up with as the NCAA hounds see Auburn ranked #1 in basketball recruiting and start warming up their scopes.

• Like 1

Nice to get the recognition but anyone find it strange that Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Kansas and the usual powerhouses are not on the list?   Seems like many schools are not announcing their commitments yet.

Hoping we can hang on to these guys...they should at least give us one of the top 2 or 3 classes in the SEC when the dust settles.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nice to get the recognition but anyone find it strange that Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Kansas and the usual powerhouses are not on the list? 

No cuz a lot of those teams get theirs late because they are a NBA Draft revolving door.