AU has offered ...

photo of Shawn Shamburger
Shawn Shamburger, CB
Theodore, AL (Theodore)
Ht: 6'0 | Wt: 188

247Sports: 2*
Rivals: NR
Scout: 2*

Offers: Auburn, Georgia Southern, Kentucky, ULL, South Alabama, Southern Miss and Troy, among others.

Offer list is from lower tier schools.  Either we are the first to discover his hidden talents and others will offer later as well, or we are settling/missing out on other CB's.  No disrespect intended.

57 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Offer list is from lower tier schools.  Either we are the first to discover his hidden talents and others will offer later as well, or we are settling/missing out on other CB's.  No disrespect intended.

He camped at AU last week & balled out.

Side note. Shaun decommitted from ULL yesterday.

Thanks for the update E.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

I'm pretty concerned.  Any SEC fanbase wants to claim that their 2* commit is a hidden gem but I wonder how often those players live up to being a gem ehike enrolled.

I know it's highlights, but he seems to have pretty fluid hips and good closing speed. JMO

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm pretty concerned.  Any SEC fanbase wants to claim that their 2* commit is a hidden gem but I wonder how often those players live up to being a gem ehike enrolled.

I would expect Shawn will be bumped up once the services take a look at him again.

The offer came after he camped at Auburn. That tells me they saw something they liked. I am in the camp that stars matter on the whole but not always at the individual level.  Teams that consistently have highly rated classes do well but there are individuals that defy the ratings.  Sometimes it is because player is at small school and has little exposure and does not do camp circuit or at the time players was being scouted had a bad wheel and it was not known had a bad wheel. Things happen.

Like others I expect that if our coaches saw something others will to and his star rating will go up.

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Sammy Coates says Hello.

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm with you on this most of the time BUT I do believe this kid can play. McGriff loves the kid. Play big time ball here in Mobile. And it looks like uat and other big programs are close to offering. His film looks damn good. And he did ball out at the AU camp. 

I'm going to ask some coaches here in Mobile. See what they say. 

7 minutes ago, KerryThachWDE said:

Sammy Coates says Hello.

SenDerrick Marks says hello too.Their hellos did not disprove anything at all. Maybe if I said all "2*s are busts" then you would have an argument.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

SenDerrick Marks says hello too.Their hellos did not disprove anything at all. Maybe if I said all "2*s are busts" then you would have an argument.

Marks recruitment is amazing. Tubs was at Vigor recruiting another kid. Was at the Vigor BBall game and saw Marks dunk the ball. Tubs asked who the kids was and if he played football. The rest is history. 

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Marks recruitment is amazing. Tubs was at Vigor recruiting another kid. Was at the Vigor BBall game and saw Marks dunk the ball. Tubs asked who the kids was and if he played football. The rest is history. 

Yeah, that is interesting. He is a pro bowler now whenever he is healthy. 

On 7/25/2016 at 7:57 AM, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, that is interesting. He is a pro bowler now whenever he is healthy. 

He is also still playing, or at least this time last season, he was a captain for the Jags.

I like his speed but most of all his tenacity. That play where he sacks the QB even with a lineman on his back is awesome. That slam he does on the ball carrier looks like Bell slamming McElroy in the 2010 iron bowl.

This kid is much better then his 2 star rating.  Probably high 3 star low 4 star in my opinion.  Good speed.  Good hips.  Size is right where you want it coming out of high school for a CB.  Golf would have to speak more on the defensive fundamentals.  I'm on the offensive side and no I can't tell you guys where I coach.  

It's hard to see his fundamentals as far as back pedaling,  and read steps, but you're right about his hips and speed out of his breaks. He also seems to see the ball well out of his breaks and drives to the interception point.

The most impressive thing about his film were his eyes.  He always had his eyes where they were supposed to be.  He even got turned and still tracked the ball over his shoulder.  When he was playing cover 2 he was exactly where he was supposed to be.  One play they tried a stop and go and he read it to a T. No wasted movements.  Only thing I saw that I would tell him is he left tell signs as far as when he was blitzing. 

4 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Crap, Rush hates Auburn doesnt he?isI know he tried to get on the bama staff so my guess he Is all bammer.

A high school coach's fandom does not mean his players will go to that school. Example Chad Anderson, the HC at Prattville, went to Bama, but his players Kam Pettway & A. Golson ended up at AU.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

A high school coach's fandom does not mean his players will go to that school. Example Chad Anderson, the HC at Prattville, went to Bama, but his players Kam Pettway & A. Golson ended up at AU.

Golson arrived at Auburn via Ole Miss. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Golson arrived at Auburn via Ole Miss. 

I went to Prattville so I know. that That's why I specifically used the phrase "ended up at AU" instead of came to AU.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

When I said he was all bammer I was referring to Rush if that wasn't understood.

All I'm saying is I don't like the school change with the chance Rush may get in his head. He's a powerful personality even among head coaches.

Archived