Rivals has us #7 so far.

jaydubb121

I'm not sure about what level player dominated our team.  The bulk of the offense was 4 or 5 in skill slots. (Campbell 5, Carnell 5, Ronnie 4, Ben O. 5, Devin 4, McNeil 4) I'm not sure about Slaugher - but then that leaves Wallace (3 or 4), Mix 3, Taylor 3, Reddick, 3, Lindsey, 3, Grubbs 3, and Ingle Jr - who was a walk on).

Defensively was dominated by 4*'s also. - Rosegreen 4, Jackson 4, Ratliff 4, Dickens 4, McClover 4, Groves 4, Eddins 3, Herring 3, Pitts 4, Williams, 3, DeDe 3, Williams 3.

Yost was a 4, Bliss and Vaughn were 3's.

So if you have the starting line ups -

QB - 5*

RB - 5*, 4*

WR - 5*, 3* (Taylor over Devin)

TE - 4 or 3*

OT - 4*, 3*

OG - 3*, 3*

C - no star

DT - 4*, 4*

DE - 4*, 4*

CB - 4* 4*

S - 3*, 4*

LB - 3*, 3*, 3*

K = 3*, 4*

P - 3*

So three 5*'s,  11 4*'s, 11 3*'s.

140397[/snapback]

Dang Chuck, I didn't mean for you to use BG's recruiting annual :)

Seriously, I'm looking at past copies of the autigers.com recruiting commit list and they rated several of these guys a little lower than your numbers. On this list 14 of our 24 starters (including kickers) are 3 or lower.

Shows me a couple of thing: 1) we all knew it, but recruiting publications are all different and 2) 3's and 4's ain't bad!

WDE!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
I didnt know Campbell was a 5* when he came to AU.

140434[/snapback]

It was Campbell and Eli in the South that year. Campbell came to Auburn because of Tuberville and Eli went to Ole Miss because of Orger...Cutcliffe. Hmmm, wonder if there is any regret on ole Davey boy's part?

140434[/snapback]

It was Campbell and Eli in the South that year. Campbell came to Auburn because of Tuberville and Eli went to Ole Miss because of Orger...Cutcliffe. Hmmm, wonder if there is any regret on ole Davey boy's part?

140435[/snapback]

Ummm... actually I doubt he regrets it one bit. Eli's a starter in the NFL now, and probably the best player Ole Miss has had or ever will have. I'm just going to go ahead and say that JC would not have done better than Manning at Ole Miss, and probably worse. Eli managed to win 10 games for them in 2003, something they will not do again for a loooong time. I have the utmost respect for Campbell and think the world of him, but if Cutcliffe had it all to do over again, he'd still want Eli, and rightfully so.

You are right about eli, BUT, I am glad that Auburn got JC ! ! !

eli may be a great qb. JC is a great qb and a GREAT human ! ! ! :au:

You are right about eli, BUT, I am glad that Auburn got JC ! ! !

eli may be a great qb. JC is a great qb and a GREAT human ! ! ! :au:

140443[/snapback]

Right on. :thumbsup:

I'll my rankings are based on rivals. My theory on services is the following - believe one or the other - don't take the best score you get between the two . .

Campbell was the Gatorade player of the year in MS that year . .5*

I also agree that its not fair to call Brodie a bust b/c of injuries

140434[/snapback]

140435[/snapback]

I thought JC was a year later. I thought the big 2 when JC came out were him and Brock Berlin from LA.

I'm still confused... how does the Bama situation work again. Cuz they have 29... and I realize some of those are from last year. If that is the case, why did Bama have a "top class" last year if they are really being counted for this year. Sounds kind of strange to have a kid count for 2 signing years. How many Bammers will be grayshirted this year, allowing them to be on next year's team of 34 pickups.

I'm still confused... how does the Bama situation work again. Cuz they have 29... and I realize some of those are from last year. If that is the case, why did Bama have a "top class" last year if they are really being counted for this year. Sounds kind of strange to have a kid count for 2 signing years. How many Bammers will be grayshirted this year, allowing them to be on next year's team of 34 pickups.

140461[/snapback]

You gotta' remember that the folks that print the recruiting rags are ranking uat as high as possible(And it takes a lot of lyin' to get that accomplished.). They know those uaters are already lining up to buy a magazine that will tell them they have a chance to get back to shreveport in the near future! ! ! :lol:

Archived