3* 2017 TE Kurt Rafdal

RunInRed

Unofficially visited AU over the weekend and picked up his first SEC offer ...

photo of Kurt Rafdal
Kurt Rafdal, TE
Carmel, IN
Ht: 6'7 | Wt: 230

• Class of 2017
  • Recruiter: Fountain

247Sports: 3*
Rivals: 3*
Scout: 3*

Offers: Auburn, Ball State, Boston College, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Illinois, Iowa State, Louisville, Maryland, Miami (OH), Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, UCF and Wake Forest, among others. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Seems to have good body control for a kid his size and he seems to enjoy blocking

Bird, I agree. I was surprised to watch the film and think I was watching some pretty high quality HS football too, in Indiana. How bout that.

I bet he can play at 250 easy and still be fairly athletic.  Seems to be lacking from an agility stand point. From the film it sort of scares me the second or two when he first catches the ball.  Doesn't seem to secure it instantaneously, I can't hardly describe it,  its like a hitch or something.  If it's me back there at safety I'm definitely thinking I can separate him from the ball

I'm impressed.  Very solid player.  Like his size but definitely needs muscle.  No doubt he could play at 255 and probably still be a fluid as he is now.  Good hands and a very good blocker on the end of the line of scrimmage.  Good blocker in space as well.  He is a player that might actually get faster with 20-25 lbs of weight if it is muscle.  

Guest WDEKC
On 7/25/2016 at 10:56 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

Bird, I agree. I was surprised to watch the film and think I was watching some pretty high quality HS football too, in Indiana. How bout that.

I went to a rival high school to Carmel. The major high school conference around Indianapolis has some very good football programs in addition to the obvious good basketball.

Archived