This is Auburn

oracle79

Not sure if anything has been posted about this yet.  Did a search and came up empty.  Also not sure of the forum, but media seemed to be the best.  This was a segment from the Auburn takeover of the SEC network day.  I recorded it, but didn't watch it until tonight.  It's not earth shattering, but it does highlight some of the lesser known sports and the success we're having there.  Good story on Sonny Smith's basketball run.

Buried towards the end (probably final 10 or 15 minutes area) was the story of Schmid Elementary school from Chicago.  Apparently they did a project where they researched a college to attend and for some reason chose Auburn.  They did a youtube video and someone from Auburn got wind of it and apparently figured out a way to bring the 2nd grade class and parents and chaperons to visit the weekend of the Jax State game.  Pretty touching story and interesting to hear some of the students talk about it afterwards.  Definitely worth a watch and a tear up.  

Just wanted to note it somewhere in case someone might want to catch it.  I'm sure it'll be replayed at some point.  Almost makes me like the job Jay Jacobs is doing for Auburn Athletics overall.

Archived