Tre Mason troubled.

alexava

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/family-concerned-tre-masons-health/

Report: Family concerned about former Auburn RB Tre Mason’s mental health

NCAA Football: BCS National Championship-Florida State vs Auburn

According to a report by TMZ, the police have visited the home of former Auburn running back Tre Mason five times in the past four months, with the latest incident happening this past Saturday.

The report states that Mason’s family is very concerned about his mental health, citing bizarre behavior and angry outbursts, and at least once, Mason agreed to enter a treatment facility but never did.

This past March, Mason was arrested on multiple charges and was tased when he refused to get out of the car. He was taken to the hospital after being charged with possession of cannabis, reckless driving, resisting arrest and failure to register a vehicle.

Mason was excused for personal reasons and didn’t participate in the Rams’ OTAs this year.

Mason helped lead Auburn to the SEC Championship and the BCS Championship in his final season. As a junior, Mason’s 129.7 rushing yards per game led to a school record 1,816 rushing yards on the season and an invite to New York City as a Heisman Trophy finalist.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he can get this straightened out and gets some positive mojo heading his way again.  Sometimes you just need something good to happen to you.

Lots of people trying to help him it seems...but he's not responding

26 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

He needs to be tested for possible TBI ASAP.

Didn't know what TBI meant but figured it meant exactly what I have since learned it does mean and I agree with you. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Didn't know what TBI meant but figured it meant exactly what I have since learned it does mean and I agree with you. 

Sorry. Traumatic Brain Injury.

2013 doesn't happen without that kid's giant heart. Could be that he had NFL MVP dreams and the Gurley thing sent him into a tailspin but this sounds awfully extreme.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

2013 doesn't happen without that kid's giant heart. Could be that he had NFL MVP dreams and the Gurley thing sent him into a tailspin but this sounds awfully extreme.

Something happened. I'm inclined to believe Gurley was a major factor in his tailspin. But Gurley didn't do anything wrong, it was the Rams lack of faith in him. But I dont blame the Rams either. Gurley is an all decade back.

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Something happened. I'm inclined to believe Gurley was a major factor in his tailspin. But Gurley didn't do anything wrong, it was the Rams lack of faith in him. But I dont blame the Rams either. Gurley is an all decade back.

Totally agree.

On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 at 6:29 AM, aujeff11 said:

Spot on. 

Tragic. 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/07/tre_mason_fails_to_report_for.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Tre Mason fails to report for Los Angeles Rams' training camp

tre mason.jpg
St. Louis Rams running back Tre Mason carries the ball during an NFL game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Dec. 17, 2015, in St. Louis. (AP Photo)

Before the Los Angeles Rams got to their first practice of training camp, the NFL team had put running back Tre Mason on the reserve/did not report list.

On Saturday afternoon, the Rams were scheduled to hold the first practice of their first training camp since the franchise relocated from St. Louis. By that time, Mason's name already was on the NFL's official transactions wire as being designated for reserve/did not report.

The Rams held a mandatory team meeting on Friday at their training-camp headquarters at the University of California-Irvine, and Mason wasn't there.

Mason did not attend the Rams' offseason program, even the mandatory minicamp, after being excused for "personal reasons."

That absence from the team came after police in Hollywood, Florida, twice used a Taser on Mason to arrest him during a traffic stop in March.

Mason led the SEC in rushing in 2013 for Auburn's conference-championship team, setting a school single-season record with 1,816 yards. He joined the Rams in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

Mason was the Rams' leading ball-carrier in each of the final 12 games of the 2014 season, finished with 765 rushing yards and earned a spot on the NFL All-Rookie team.

Last season, the Rams selected Georgia running back Todd Gurley with the 10th pick in the NFL Draft. While Gurley went to the Pro Bowl, Mason's production plunged to 207 rushing yards.

Mason was arrested on March 5According to the police report, Mason would not identify himself after being pulled over for going 75 mph in a 35-mph zone, and he would not get out his car when asked to do so. A Taser was used to remove Mason from his car, and he was tased again before being taken to a hospital.

Mason was charged with four misdemeanors -- resisting an officer/obstruction without violence, reckless driving, failure to register a motor vehicle and possession of marijuana in an amount less than 20 grams. Mason also was cited for failure to yield the right of way to an emergency vehicle.

According to the Broward County Clerk of Courts web site, attorney H.T. Smith Jr.'s motion for a continuance in Mason's case was granted on Thursday.

According to a TMZ Sports report on Tuesday, police have been called to Mason's family home five times since his arrest, although none of the visits resulted in further arrests.

The Rams have not addressed that report or had much to say officially about Mason since his arrest, although at minicamp in June, Los Angeles coach Jeff Fisher said, when addressing the team's depth at running back: "In our minds, we just have to prepare ourselves that Tre's not going to be here."

Mason is halfway through a four-year, $2,980,838 contract with the Rams. He has a $641,146 base salary for the 2016 season.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

This is really sad ... just wonder what happened.

Could be the result of concussionary symptoms. How often have we heard the same story from other athletes in contact sports? I just hope that it is abundantly clear that Tre is not well and not reflective of his true self or family

12 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Could be the result of concussionary symptoms. How often have we heard the same story from other athletes in contact sports? I just hope that it is abundantly clear that Tre is not well and not reflective of his true self or family

Maybe. Or he could just be acting like a turd. Which may more than likely may be the case. 

He could be pissed that the rams drafted another guy who  now has the starting running back job. He wants a new team and isn't communicating with his current one.

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Maybe. Or he could just be acting like a turd. Which may more than likely may be the case. 

He could be pissed that the rams drafted another guy who  now has the starting running back job. He wants a new team and isn't communicating with his current one.

As opined before, that could be part of it, but to say that's all of it would be circumventing logic just to crap on the kid. He's been nothing but class his entire career and then he just immediately goes full psycho because he's 2nd string? Doesn't add up. 

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Police-report-Tre-Mason-unfit-to-make-decisions-alone-46533250

He isn't just actng like a thug. According to his mom( which was the one that called the cops on him) Tre was making unusual and irrational statements and breaking things. Something is going on. Drugs or something.

It really sounds like he is having some mental issues. Bi-polar comes to mind. He needs to be evaluated and put on meds if required before he hurts himself or someone else. Hoping for the best..

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As opined before, that could be part of it, but to say that's all of it would be circumventing logic just to crap on the kid. He's been nothing but class his entire career and then he just immediately goes full psycho because he's 2nd string? Doesn't add up. 

I agree. After the story today, I do think it's drugs. Pretty serious drugs. Mary Jane didn't make him punch holes in the wall..really sad. Throwing it all away

Archived