2018 3* ATH Nathaniel "Nate" Watson (Miss St.)

ellitor

I hate to see us passing on guys with AU ties if they look like good players, just from a PR standpoint. Don't want us to take on dead wood but hate to pass up guys that could contribute just because their measurable aren't perfect. Vinny Sunseri was a relatively lightly recruited guy that went to Bammer, it seemed mainly because of his Dad; he ended up being a very good college ball player. Vic Beasley was another guy with AU ties that we seemed to be "meh" on that turned into a beast in college. Just hate missing on the AU legacy guys, again, mainly because of the optics of it. Oh well: "Trust the coaches!"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to have this kid but I will leave it to the coaches.  Hope the best for us and him.  He could be a beast on special teams his entire career.  

• 1 month later...

Why are we not showing this guy the proper love?! Dude is a beast athlete. Tell him what he wants to hear about offense and get him on board. He is a legacy for goodness sakes. I have never seen another school butcher/ have as tough a time with legacies as I do us. SMH. This kid is so talented. I will be sick when we have to play him every year when he goes to miss st to play for the hunchback.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why are we not showing this guy the proper love?! Dude is a beast athlete. Tell him what he wants to hear about offense and get him on board. He is a legacy for goodness sakes. I have never seen another school butcher/ have as tough a time with legacies as I do us. SMH. This kid is so talented. I will be sick when we have to play him every year when he goes to miss st to play for the hunchback.

Simple question. Do you want the best players or do you want the best players who have family ties to AU?

Simple reality right now is AU has others higher at LB & WR than Nate. No need to take the kid because he is a legacy.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Simple question. Do you want the best players or do you want the best players who have family ties to AU?

Simple reality right now is AU has others higher at LB & WR than Nate. No need to take the kid because he is a legacy.

HE IS one of the best players I firmly believe that. This is not a G.G. Robinson situation.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HE IS one of the best players I firmly believe that. This is not a G.G. Robinson situation.

He's one of the more gifted athletes. I'll give you that but that doesn't always translate into being good football players as players progress up through the levels.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Looking like Moo State

Yeah, I posted before I saw all the CBs showing up for MSU

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

With Watson and Butterbean looking like ol' Hunchback may do ok with guys we decided to pass on

I cannot stand the man but he always has been a good player evaluator. Anytime he gets guys we or any other big time schools pass on it makes me worry a little bit that they are going to him. The man may be a @ssh*le and snitch but he is a good football coach.

Anybody else ever wonder why Coach Dan Mullins stays at MSU?  Surely he could have returned to UF at some juncture...

I would hate to see him with the talent that UF or TAMU has.   He is a good coach (and maybe a snitch, and whiner and ???).

On 4/24/2017 at 6:19 PM, corchjay said:

I'm not disagreeing with you however like I said I think Coach Steele likes traditional types.  Wouldn't surprise me to see us sign on average 1 safety one year 2 the next and so on and 3 corners every year. Just think he likes the 6' 185 guys coming out of high school with speed, ball skills, and fluidity.  I'm not sure coach Browns preferences for DBs.

I just can't shake the memory of another really tall tweener type, legacy AU recruit we passed on a few years ago. Vic Beasley is enjoying a good NFL career, after a stellar college career at Clemson. 

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Anybody else ever wonder why Coach Dan Mullins stays at MSU?  Surely he could have returned to UF at some juncture...

I would hate to see him with the talent that UF or TAMU has.   He is a good coach (and maybe a snitch, and whiner and ???).

O he trys to leave. He def trys because he has topped out what he can do at miss st with what he did with dak. He has a real saban like way about him that he wants to have total and complete control over the football program but he does not have the resume and accomplishments that saban has. Plus he is from new hampshire and is a odd guy. Not really a good fit in the south but he is the best Miss St will ever get so he is king there and it is why he is paid what he is paid.

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I just can't shake the memory of another really tall tweener type, legacy AU recruit we passed on a few years ago. Vic Beasley is enjoying a good NFL career, after a stellar college career at Clemson. 

Ha! I'm way ahead of you! Read my (too long) post from 4/25, lol. That one still frustrates me...

10 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

give me a refresher course on his recruitment real quick. Did we pass on him OR did everyone pass on him? Wasn't he lowly rated? I try to follow recruiting as much as everyone since Chiziks first year and I remember nothing about his recruitment. Did we even recruit him that hard?

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

give me a refresher course on my memory real quick. Did we pass on him OR did everyone pass on him? Wasn't he lowly rated? I try to follow recruiting as much as everyone since Chiziks first year and I remember nothing about his recruitment. Did we even recruit him that hard?

Never seemed to recruit him very hard for some reason but I can't remember who we took or why exactly we passed on him. He was a 3* that clearly was underrated (my memory may be no better than yours,lol, but I remember being frustrated by his recruiting or lack there of). I bet E could jog our memories

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

give me a refresher course on his recruitment real quick. Did we pass on him OR did everyone pass on him? Wasn't he lowly rated? I try to follow recruiting as much as everyone since Chiziks first year and I remember nothing about his recruitment. Did we even recruit him that hard?

I don't remember exactly how hard we recruited him, but in retrospect I know we missed on him. J'Marick Woods too. He's from Florence and signed with Michigan.  He was an early enrollee this spring and I just read an article where he was one of their most impressive recruits, potentially in line to start. 

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Ha! I'm way ahead of you! Read my (too long) post from 4/25, lol. That one still frustrates me...

Ah, you're right. Didn't mean to plagiarize your work. ?

16 hours ago, fredst said:

Never seemed to recruit him very hard for some reason but I can't remember who we took or why exactly we passed on him. He was a 3* that clearly was underrated (my memory may be no better than yours,lol, but I remember being frustrated by his recruiting or lack there of). I bet E could jog our memories

We got Lemonier, Sanders, Owens and Delaine that year. The only one that really was questionable to recruit over Beasley was Delaine.  Both were more of long term potential type players as recruits. Clemson just got the one that turned into something and we didn't. He started at TE his RSFr season there and didn't really do much of anything until his 3rd year at Clemson.

On 8/4/2017 at 3:18 PM, WDEKC said:

We got Lemonier, Sanders, Owens and Delaine that year. The only one that really was questionable to recruit over Beasley was Delaine.  Both were more of long term potential type players as recruits. Clemson just got the one that turned into something and we didn't. He started at TE his RSFr season there and didn't really do much of anything until his 3rd year at Clemson.

If Gus is an idiot for wanting KP at HB instead of RB, just like every fan on here did, then I wonder what that makes Dabo?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

If Gus is an idiot for wanting KP at HB instead of RB, just like every fan on here did, then I wonder what that makes Dabo?

Not to argue, but just want to say KP started at H-back because he was the best  H-back and probably would still be the best H-back. But he is also the  best RB and would probably be good or the best we have at a lot of positions. He is just a football player.

35 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Not to argue, but just want to say KP started at H-back because he was the best  H-back and probably would still be the best H-back. But he is also the  best RB and would probably be good or the best we have at a lot of positions. He is just a football player.

I think we're saying the same thing, I was just being a jerk in how I said it :)

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think we're saying the same thing, I was just being a jerk in how I said it :)

No you were not, I was trying to back you up on KP, I just didn't word it properly.

4 hours ago, kd4au said:

No you were not, I was trying to back you up on KP, I just didn't word it properly.

Hell both of you are jerks/idiots. There its settled 

Archived