2018 3* ATH Nathaniel "Nate" Watson (Miss St.)

ellitor

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell both of you are jerks/idiots. There its settled 

Hey, I don't jump in to you and bird's post.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell both of you are jerks/idiots. There its settled 

It sounds like you've been hangin' out at the Marvin Social Club again. I stopped that sometime back around '65.

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bump

I'm not certain but based on what I've read Nate may be emerging as a TE/HB target for AU.

Not feeling good about Luke Ford probably

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Bump

I'm not certain but based on what I've read Nate may be emerging as a TE/HB target for AU.

I would love to see this guys 3 cone drill. 

Very impressed with this guys measurables but not sure about TE... either way he's a solid athlete that could play multiple positions.  There are always spots for big strong fast guys in football 

Auburn still monitoring in-state legacy Nathaniel Watson

The Tigers have a few of the best pass-catchers at the Alabama-Mississippi all-star game already in the class — wide receiver commits Seth Williams and Shedrick Jackson.

When it’s all said and done, they might not be the only prospects in the showcase who suit up for Auburn. Obviously 4-star wide receiver target Justyn Ross will be a top target for Auburn, Alabama and Clemson leading up to National Signing Day.

DSC_0367_yhlabz.jpg
Mississippi State commit Nathaniel Watson is being evaluated by Auburn as a tight end. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

But there’s another in-state prospect to keep an eye on: 3-star athlete Nathaniel Watson, a Mississippi State commit.

Watson’s great uncle, Tommie Agee, and cousin, Harold Morrow, played for the Tigers. It’s not out of the question for Watson to do the same, but it’ll take a couple of dominoes to fall first.

Auburn is evaluating Watson as a potential tight end option.

The Tigers would like to take a tight end after missing on Alabama commit Michael Parker. They’re still in the game for 4-star tight end Luke Ford who will decide in January between Auburn and Georgia. If Auburn were to miss on Ford, Watson would likely be the go-to backup option.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Watson’s great uncle, Tommie Agee, and cousin, Harold Morrow

Now them two could play some ball. If he comes to AU, I hope the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

• 4 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Take him as a RB....would be nice.

I think more likely LB at this point if we get Alaimo at TE, miss Walker at LB, and some others at other positions.

11 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Im liking this guy in our backfield right now filling that KJ role with a much larger frame. I know we're looking at him in other positions but this guy could be a great get.

This . He seems like a guy who is pissed off all the time . Love it 

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Sounds like a linebacker to me! :)

Just watched his video....is it me or does he have like zero quickness?    Looks like his shoes are loose, just slow feet.  Strong - yes, other good attributes, just seems to lack quickness.

20 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

That's the mentality of the team he plays on.  Maplesville usually shows no mercy on opponents. I think they scored 50 points in every game except American Christian this year in regular season.   Sweetwater seems to be their kryptonite in the playoffs though.  

• 1 month later...

Drag racing accident leads to arrest for Mississippi State commit

459717146.jpg?w=610&h=343&crop=1
Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

Mississippi State commit Nathaniel Watson has gotten himself into some legal trouble before his arrival at Mississippi State. Watson, currently a high school senior, was charged with assault first degree and a handful of traffic violations following a traffic accident earlier this month. Another student from Watson’s high school was arrested for reckless endangerment and other traffic violations as well. The two are accused of drag racing.

A passenger in Watson’s vehicle suffered a crushed femur, fractured pelvis, a broken right arm and internal injuries. Neither vehicle involved in the accident was insured. Watson currently awaits a date in court in a county court. There has been no update or comment from Mississippi State’s football program or head coach Joe Moorehead about Watson or his status with the football program at this time.

Watson signed with Mississippi State on February 7. The wide receiver and two-sport athlete signed with Mississippi State over Auburn. 

20 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Drag racing accident leads to arrest for Mississippi State commit

459717146.jpg?w=610&h=343&crop=1
Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images

Mississippi State commit Nathaniel Watson has gotten himself into some legal trouble before his arrival at Mississippi State. Watson, currently a high school senior, was charged with assault first degree and a handful of traffic violations following a traffic accident earlier this month. Another student from Watson’s high school was arrested for reckless endangerment and other traffic violations as well. The two are accused of drag racing.

A passenger in Watson’s vehicle suffered a crushed femur, fractured pelvis, a broken right arm and internal injuries. Neither vehicle involved in the accident was insured. Watson currently awaits a date in court in a county court. There has been no update or comment from Mississippi State’s football program or head coach Joe Moorehead about Watson or his status with the football program at this time.

Watson signed with Mississippi State on February 7. The wide receiver and two-sport athlete signed with Mississippi State over Auburn. 

Proof that 17 year old brains, especially those of the male of the species, are not fully developed. I hope the other person that was in his car is recovering well. I don't think the kid deserves to have his college career derailed for being stupid, after all, there was nothing malicious about this, just stupid, but I also don't think he should be enjoying much of his free time before he gets to college.

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Neither insured. Foolish and illegal. Someone has to pay the cost. Wonder who? :dunno:

I'm sure his parents are going to end up footing the bill. If it were my dad, however, I'd be finding a way to pay back every dime it cost them.

I am familiar with Maplesville as I grew up in the area.  The stretch of road in front of the school leading into town, while somewhat sparse, is consistent with little dips and hills.  The dip is just enough to hide a car, or a deer. He is very fortunate to be alive.  Sadly, the stretch of road from Maplesville all the way to Selma, has been used as an impromptu drag strip for years, dating back to when my parents were in school. 

Slightly related story, my mom beat someone with her parking brake on as a senior. :hellyeah: She also accepted the fact it was a stupid thing to do.:ucrazy:

Archived