2018 3* ATH Nathaniel "Nate" Watson (Miss St.)

ellitor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU leads

Auburn leads for legacy recruit

Nathaniel Watson of Maplesville (Ala.) isn’t just one of the top 2018 prospects in the state of Alabama, he’s an Auburn legacy.

Not one, but two of his relatives played for the Tigers.

One of them is Tommie Agee, his great-uncle. The other, Harold Morrow, is a cousin. Both primarily were blocking backs —and very good ones — at Auburn and later in the NFL.

The 6-feet-4, 215-pound Watson, who’s only 15, plays a different position.

He’s an outside linebacker.

Auburn was the first SEC school to offer Watson, doing so after he camped there earlier this summer.

“It meant a lot to me,” Watson said.

Today, Watson also has an SEC offer from Mississippi State. Additionally, Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss are showing interest.

Last Saturday, he attended the War Damn BBQ prospect event at Auburn.

“It went great,” Watson said. “I had a great time — spent time with the coaches. I really enjoyed it around the staff. .. Just toured the campus, we talked and got to know each other better.”

While at Auburn, Watson got face time with defensive coordinator Kevin Steele, defensive line coach Rodney Garner and linebackers coach Travis Williams.

“They told me they want me to come here — they want me to commit early,” Watson said. “But I told them I was going to wait. Coach Steele told me not to take too long because before you know it, it’s going to already be here. But I decided not to commit yet. I’m still processing everything. But they’re my No.1 pick right now.”

What has Auburn in front?

“It’s a great environment and I’m close to home,” Watson said.

As for having two former Tigers players in the family, “it helps Auburn, I guess,” Watson noted.

According to Watson, he plans to attend an Auburn practice in August and the season-opener vs. Clemson.

Love Watson's size, and he is only 15. He will make a really big and tall LBer by the time he gets to college. Tommie Agee, his great uncle was a terrific blocking back at AU.

19 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Love Watson's size, and he is only 15. He will make a really big and tall LBer by the time he gets to college. Tommie Agee, his great uncle was a terrific blocking back at AU.

AU pushed hard for a commit over the weekend. Going to be a top target for 2018. 

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

How are things coming along here?

AU still leads & will visit soon per an AU 247 headline.

Thread title updated on star rating & position.

Looks like coach Willis is picking up where he left off already working on two very good LB's for 2018 Watson and Peterson and those are just the ones we have seen on this board you know there are others that haven't been posted yet. A couple more years like 2017 and Coach Willis might bring a smile to Mikey's face when he talks about Linebacker play and Linebacker recruiting.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Looks like coach Willis is picking up where he left off already working on two very good LB's for 2018 Watson and Peterson and those are just the ones we have seen on this board you know there are others that haven't been posted yet. A couple more years like 2017 and Coach Willis might bring a smile to Mikey's face when he talks about Linebacker play and Linebacker recruiting.

Who is coach Willis?

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

2018 looks to be another very solid year for AU LB recruiting.

Gotta give CTWill (or Willis?) a lot of credit!  He's a boss!

It will be interesting to find out who actually are the top 3 or 4 on his board. JJP, Quay, & Watson are notable early contenders.

Forgot we might like Watson as much at Safety.

3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Who is coach Willis?

Sorry I meant to say Coach Williams. It was a senior moment.

(I apologize ahead of time, but I am in a silly mood)

Don't forget, his profile says he also dabbles at the wildcat QB position! Have we ever had a defensive player play QB? Hee!

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

(I apologize ahead of time, but I am in a silly mood)

Don't forget, his profile says he also dabbles at the wildcat QB position! Have we ever had a defensive player play QB? Hee!

I can honestly say that there are times I think we would've been better off lining up Rudy Ford under center than the guys that we did. And yes, I mean guys plural. 

27 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Have we ever had a defensive player play QB? Hee!

Just give Gus the off season and we will

• 1 month later...

This kid is a touchdown machine!!  Even if the people he's playing against are smaller than him. Sign him up Please!!  Got another crystal ball for him to AU!!

Love this kid. Love his size. He has terrific hands for someone we want on defense. I like the idea of him playing safety with his height. So cool that he is related to Tommie Agee. Agee was one of the greats while at AU. Just watched a new free film on him that 247 has, may be the one already posted here....sign him up now!

3 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Looking at him for Nickel right?

I think LB. Maybe the Darrell Williams role that can cover in space. He prefers WR though.

Archived