2017 4* DE/Buck Markaviest Bryant COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

yo @ellitor are we really gonna not get any of Monty Adams cousins?! how the heck does this happen? Though I know clayton we did not pursue at all till champ left for usc lite. He did not like him or something to that affect.

Well you answered half of it. On Bryant he wanted to see some actual good D ans coaching stability so we started his recruitment off in a hole.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well you answered half of it. On Bryant he wanted to see some actual good D ans coaching stability so we started his recruitment off in a hole.

can we dig out of it though? I HATE he is no longer coming to our big weekend. Seems we have trended down for him after we were trending up for awhile. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think he's a UGA silent. They have room now with Solomon shutting down his recruitment. 

solomon going to mich is the next best thing to him going to AU. IDK how harbaugh did it but looks like he has got him back on board. THis kids recruitment was all over the place. I am glad we did not get our hopes up on this one like bama and georgia did.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

solomon going to mich is the next best thing to him going to AU. IDK how harbaugh did it but looks like he has got him back on board. THis kids recruitment was all over the place. I am glad we did not get our hopes up on this one like bama and georgia did.

He literally denied Saban and Kirby from in homes... like that kid has balls

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

momma and son do not play!!!! usually its the dads leading the recruitment but this mom is the real deal.

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think he's a UGA silent. They have room now with Solomon shutting down his recruitment. 

Solomon wouldn't affect Bryant. They want a DT regardless.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:11 PM, ClaytonAU said:

I hope he has a great career with the wolverines. Maybe he can play UGA in some mid level bowl game and eat their OB alive in a blowout win over the mutts and send Saban to his retirement in some mid level bowl game as well. Could not ask more from this kid.

Edited by doc4aday

17 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Sooo anything new here?

Nothing other than the fact that he is visiting us this weekend and is considered a heavy UGA lean but no one knows yet if UGA will take him or not. And apparently LSU is after him as well.

26 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Nothing other than the fact that he is visiting us this weekend and is considered a heavy UGA lean but no one knows yet if UGA will take him or not. And apparently LSU is after him as well.

May not be a heavy UGA lean anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

May not be a heavy UGA lean anymore.

That's music to my ears this Friday morning E! I guess everyone wants to be wanted and if the team you want isn't pushing hard for your commitment you will find a place where you are wanted.

Edited by thaitopher

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

That's music to my ears this Friday morning E! I guess everyone wants to be wanted and if the team you want isn't pushing hard for your commitment you will find a place where you are wanted.

Not so fast my friend. uat now. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yup unfortunately. There was talk they didn't have room for Parks but now have room for Bryant. I don't get it.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

WTF! UAT??? Thanks for raining on my parade WDE. You could have at least waited til Monday. :/

Just now, ellitor said:

Yup unfortunately. There was talk they didn't have room for Parks but now have room for Bryant. I don't get it.

Isn't Parks rated much higher than Bryant? What does that Mean for Auburn if Parks doesn't sign with Bama? Are we next on the list? I am guessing no since his name hasn't come up recently.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Isn't Parks rated much higher than Bryant? What does that Mean for Auburn if Parks doesn't sign with Bama? Are we next on the list? I am guessing no since his name hasn't come up recently.

1. Yes. Don't mean he is better though 2. It means TD would be moved to the Buck in the class if we miss on Bryant. 3. Doubt it.

18 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

WTF! UAT??? Thanks for raining on my parade WDE. You could have at least waited til Monday. :/

He didn't rain on your parade.  He pissed all over it...

• Like 2

That would hurt. We fell out of the Parks race in part because he was a HARD Bama lean. If they back away from him and land Bryant, they effectively cost us two recruits at the same position. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Who will they gray shirt to keep us from getting Bryant?

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Who will they gray shirt to keep us from getting Bryant?

They can take 29. Really don't have to gray shirt or blue shirt anybody.

E, can you help me with this 29 number. They took 24 in 2015 and 2016. In order to take 29 this year they have to have 4 count back to last year. I assume that some of the 24 from 2016 did count back but to work they would have had to count 3 back. Gray shirting last year only makes them have to count them this year. So what your saying is they counted 3 back and with only signing 24 they have 4 extra slots for this year? correct.

15 minutes ago, auol72 said:

E, can you help me with this 29 number. They took 24 in 2015 and 2016. In order to take 29 this year they have to have 4 count back to last year. I assume that some of the 24 from 2016 did count back but to work they would have had to count 3 back. Gray shirting last year only makes them have to count them this year. So what your saying is they counted 3 back and with only signing 24 they have 4 extra slots for this year? correct.

The number you enroll is what matters right now not the number you sign. Bama enrolled 23 last year. The other did not enroll. So that's 2 spots right there. Now any combo of 2 from the 2016 class counting back or 2 Freshmen who not finishing their 1st year on campus opens up 2 more spots for a total of 29 available for them. Blake Barnett opened 1 up by transferring out. Further detail on how counting is done here...

What most people do not realize and understand and I didn't either til I read it from a Florida recruiting reporter a few months ago is there are 2 25 lists each year. There's the signed NLI 25 limit. That one usually does not reach it's limit as high school January enrollies do not sign NLIs. The other and more important 25 limit is the actual enrollie limit which are called Initial Counters by the NCAA. On this 25 limit everyone who gets a 1st time scholly before they are at a new school for 2 years has to count to the 25 IC limit. This includes grad transfers. There is a big difference between the 2 25 lists. The signee list can not have another player to replace a player that left the program on that list. It doesn't matter anyway since teams rarely reach that 25 limit now a days. On the actual enrolled IC list you can replace a 1st year scholarship player who counted in the prior year's class by a January enrollee if that player does not complete his 1st year of school. For example Bama can enroll 29 new players counting 4 back to their 2016 IC list. Looking at their numbers it looks like they counted Blake Barnett in their 2016 IC list even though he was a mid year enrollee last year. Mid year/January enrollies don't automatically count to prior year 25 IC limits. If they indeed counted BB in the 2016 IC list 1 of their January enrollies from this January can count on the 2016 IC list to fill BB's spot.

From reading this some of you may be wondering about Landon Rice and can we fill his spot since he was a 1st year scholarship player that left early. I don't think so as all AU sites are saying 25 is still our max. It true that means Landon Rice, who was a January enrollee last year, was counted by AU back to the 2015 IC list. A January 2017 enrolee can not count back to a 2015 IC list even if there is a spot because January enroilles can only count on the current Ic list or to the IC list from 1 year prior.

I had wondered how we brought in or put 32 new players on scholly 2 years ago and the 2nd 25 limit for ICs separate from the 25 signee limit is the only way that explains the numbers.  We filled gaps for a few years on players who left before their 1st year was over or players who signed but did not enroll (Earnest Robinson, Jason Smith, JaQuay Williams-Savage) to the point where it built up basically 7 extra spots in 2015.

Sorry that was lengthy and probably confusing but I hope that helps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

They can take 29   as many as they want. Really don't have to gray shirt or blue shirt anybody.

E,

How long will it take for us to get to the full 85 limit? Will we not just be at 82 if we sign 25 for this class?