2017 4* DE/Buck Markaviest Bryant COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

MarkeviestBryant_Signee-640x360.jpg

Markeviest Bryant, WDE
Cordele, GA (Crisp County)
Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 226 | 40-: 4.65

• Signing Day commit
  • Chose AU over UGA and LSU
  • 23 major conference offers including 13 from the SEC
  • Cousin of Monty Adams

247Sports Profile

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

AU trending up here per a 247 VIP article title MB is tagged in.

I was curious who the VIP article was on and was hoping it was MB, thanks for the update E.

On 11/29/2016 at 0:29 PM, ellitor said:

AU trending up here per a 247 VIP article title MB is tagged in.

How big a role do you think Adams will play in all of this? Family is usually a powerful pull for recruits. 

4 hours ago, mikeholiday said:

How big a role do you think Adams will play in all of this? Family is usually a powerful pull for recruits. 

No clue but won't hurt. Still an uphill battle to beat UGA here though.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Are we still #2 behind uga?

Is he OVing Jan 20th?

Don't know that we have ever made it up to #2 yet.

He has not said yet when he will OV AU. 1 site has him OVing FSU that weekend.

• Like 1

24/7 has 12 CBs for him going to UGA, 100%, (with the latest being in early December), not sure i'm getting too positive about this kid until i start to see some CBs coming AU's way. Just saying

Edited by Timeslider 6

I just wish AU and Garner would get some early DL commitments.  He has closed strong in the past, but the suspense is killing us!

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Its not that strong of a DL class.

So even more impressive if we get a couple high end guys?

On 12/17/2016 at 10:04 AM, ellitor said:

Don't know that we have ever made it up to #2 yet.

He has not said yet when he will OV AU. 1 site has him OVing FSU that weekend.

We have made it in the top 2. It's now likely UGA or AU.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2016 at 10:59 PM, ellitor said:

We have made it in the top 2. It's now likely UGA or AU.

We have had good success at the DE position in the last 5 or so years with Ford playing well for us and well in the NFL as well as Carl when healthy playing really well. 

Well this is surprising...

The Latest: The prospect affectionately referred to as “Big Cat” came ready to deliver some big news on Tuesday, giving some telling comments in terms of his recruitment. All signs appear to be pointing to a battle between Georgia, LSU and Auburn to land him, despite the fact that he listed several schools still in the mix.

In His Words:

Auburn: "I'm taking an official visit. I'm taking my visit the last weekend before Signing Day. I love Coach G. He came out the first day of the new contact period. He expressed that they really need me and I'm a big need for that school."

Georgia: "IT's just all about the home feeling they have with me. They're really high with me. It's just all about me, where I feel at home and I really do feel at home with them so that puts them high with me."

LSU: "I have a good relationship with Coach O. He made a good first impression when I went down there for camp during the summer and he kind of stuck with me. He's always been in my back pocket and he's always been there. I have a great relationship with him."

Rivals Reaction: Bryant gave a few different answers when asked by different reporters about how things were in terms of a pecking order between schools. But based on combining all those comments together, it appears Auburn remains in a great position for Bryant. Obviously his official visits will play a major factor, but if all things were even and Bryant were making his announcement today the Tigers would be the school to beat.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1