2017 4* DE/Buck Markaviest Bryant COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

23 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

So last week we were confident on DE Ryan Johnson coming to AU and all but written off DE/Buck Bryant to UGA for the most part. Now today Johnson is a no go for AU and AU is now more confident in Bryant's signature. I will admit I don't no Johnsons ability to play Buck and just as uninformed about Bryant's ability to be a true DE. Just going by positions listed in their profiles. Also I know there's that guy that will say it would be ideal to have both, but now that's not in the cards. My question is this: what are the opinions on those that follow recruiting on this potential trade off? Does Johnson or Bryant have a greater ceiling for AU? I know AU has holland coming in to replace Lawson as well as James III and Coe (and probably others not mentioned at either spot) to play DE. In my opinion that has to be considered in the value of each. Sorry in adavance if this was previously asked. 

I think Bryant is a greater need/better fit. We already have big bodied guys at DE (e.g. Cowart, Coe, Davidson) but I don't feel as optimistic at Buck. Holland seemed to create pressure but didn't seem to finish plays (especially in the Sugar Bowl) and James is coming off that injury.

In my opinion, Bryant seems like a more quick twitch/bendier athlete than Ryan Johnson. With added strength/weight, I think he can develop into that long edge rusher in the mold of a Tim Williams or Arden Key. 

• Like 3

Just now, War to the Eagle said:

Couple of CBs to LSU...come on, MB!

this is a fitting end to how we have closed this year is it not? Worst close since 2008. Even in 2012 avery young saved the day and was a huge boon. then we got jordan diamond and of course the legendary kozan after the fact.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mikeholiday said:

I think Bryant is a greater need/better fit. We already have big bodied guys at DE (e.g. Cowart, Coe, Davidson) but I don't feel as optimistic at Buck. Holland seemed to create pressure but didn't seem to finish plays (especially in the Sugar Bowl) and James is coming off that injury.

In my opinion, Bryant seems like a more quick twitch/bendier athlete than Ryan Johnson. With added strength/weight, I think he can develop into that long edge rusher in the mold of a Tim Williams or Arden Key. 

Thank you for the response.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

this is a fitting end to how we have closed this year is it not? Worst close since 2008. Even in 2012 avery young saved the day and was a huge boon. then we got jordan diamond and of course the legendary kozan after the fact.

I hate liking this. From the outward appearance AU has blown a 3-1 lead lol. Closing horribly.  I hope I am wrong. It seems like all the effort from the staff went to Stidham and Ashley. I didn't see the same recruiting intensity that I have seen in the past. I am sure the late OC addition hurt also

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lets be real here no one needs good news more than us out of the big time schools besides florida. It would be a welcome relief to signing day.

Actually Ole Miss is having a tough year. Worse than ours. The NCAA hanging over their head is hurting them bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Actually Ole Miss is having a tough year. Worse than ours. The NCAA hanging over their head is hurting them bad. 

Idk about you but I do not view them as one of the big boys! haha

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Idk about you but I do not view them as one of the big boys! haha

I hope they go back to not mattering anymore, but they have had a pretty good run under Freeze. Their recruiting has been very good as well. I personally hope the NCAA stomps them big time and they have a hard time recovering from it. BTW, I see you live in West Palm. I lived in Wellington many years ago. 

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I hope they go back to not mattering anymore, but they have had a pretty good run under Freeze. Their recruiting has been very good as well. I personally hope the NCAA stomps them big time and they have a hard time recovering from it. BTW, I see you live in West Palm. I lived in Wellington many years ago. 

hells bells I use to live off Military Trail in the 70's

• Like 1

I'd be happy if the Mississippi schools went back to being 2-3 wins per year teams like they're supposed to be.  They were absolutely horrid programs when the SEC split into divisions and balanced out Vandy/UK in the east.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Golf, I lived in Delray Beach too. Changed a lot since I lived there. It is really nice now. 

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

Golf, I lived in Delray Beach too. Changed a lot since I lived there. It is really nice now. 

Not hijack a thread I played golf  at Delray Beach CC  many times not even sure if its still there. I played a lot of golf in Palm Beach/Broward/Dade County

19 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

we officially fam now!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So did I...  I lived near Sportsmans Pizza...

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He gone. 

never felt we had him. way bigger loss for georgia. coach O is killing us this cycle.

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Have they?  Or, is this just a guess at this point?

Lmao shot in left field. 

jusy going by others here, why do you know something other don't, or are you asking genuinely 

Edited by tigerfangs

Truesdell was only going to be offered if Bryant said no to AU. 

No offense but, on the surface, that seems to lack basic logic.  We have room.  They are totally different players.

• Like 2

Truesdell was only going to be offered if Bryant said no to AU. 

I'm not sold on that just yet. I think everything has been trending up for Truesdell for the last week or so. He's borderline 3*-4* from what I've seen. I think it may be one of the diamond in the rough situations. From what I've seen on film and read, this guy wasn't a reach.