2017 4* DE/Buck Markaviest Bryant COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

23 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Looks like he is having fun. I bet they just stocked the pond with thousands of fish before Big Cat. They probably catch a fish with every cast. 

The Auburn Fisheries Dept has always (at least since I was a student way back when) kept a couple of "special" ponds loaded up with bass and bream for hosting influential visitors to the university. This is the first time I've clearly seen them made available to an athletic prospect but for all I know it could have been done many times before this.

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The Auburn Fisheries Dept has always (at least since I was a student way back when) kept a couple of "special" ponds loaded up with bass and bream for hosting influential visitors to the university. This is the first time I've clearly seen them made available to an athletic prospect but for all I know it could have been done many times before this.

Is this a secondary violation Auburn will have to self report?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You can bet money if that state.com site sees he caught a fish we will receive a letter from NCAA for improper benefits to a recruit.  Unless of course it was all catch and release; he had a valid fishing license; and he was properly supervised by local game wardens.  Well you get my drift

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, not if we can prove at one time or another he has been known to sweat in the hot summer sun while others worked in air conditioning. 

• Like 7

On 1/28/2017 at 6:23 PM, GwillMac6 said:

lol PHEW! I thought no one would. I was sweating that one out. Thanks for saving me from the embarassment.

you should still be embarrassed....  

31 minutes ago, jtauburntiger said:

you should still be embarrassed....  

:homer:

36 minutes ago, gr82be said:

No, not if we can prove at one time or another he has been known to sweat in the hot summer sun while others worked in air conditioning. 

Hahahaha I wish I could like x2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It's not the only time. I've been out there catching 8lb bass with them (influential people/students athletes, etc.) in the past.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Fishing isn't a NCAA violation. 

Nope. Coaches & boosters do it all the time. ;)

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Even if you go out on a private boat with an influential booster?;)

All you have to do is claim that you are lifetime friends..

Even though your 50 years older then him and lived most of your life 700 miles from each other.

• Like 2

Well I hope MB considers family and development as he said were big factors.   Those drives from GA to LSU are long for family to see him play.  And Coach R Garner is in a league by himself.   He could have significant playing time next year if his motor runs all out.   HUGE opport....and the fishing is good!

Edited by Beaker

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No. They can host players, feed them lobster and shrimp, let them play video games, meet girls, go to parties and so forth. The smallest bit of common sense tells us that anything the university has to offer aside from cash, hookers and blow is not a violation. If other prospects can sit down with the head of the Engineering Dept. to discuss academics, others can be guests of the Fisheries Dept.

6 hours ago, autigeremt said:

It's not the only time. I've been out there catching 8lb bass with them (influential people/students athletes, etc.) in the past.

Yes. When I was still married to my first wife, she was employed by Fisheries Dept. for six years. I rode many a mile to road games with several Fisheries Dept. professors and also caught some nice fish in the "special" ponds.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Seems like BigCat liked what he heard this weekend. Garner might prove Instrumental. I bet he's an Auburn Tiger tomorrow.

Spent most of the weekend hunting and fishing.

6 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

I'm hearing some interesting but good news on MB...

Let's hope it sticks. Just 1 more day.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SouthGATiger said:

I'm hearing some interesting but good news on MB...

lets be real here no one needs good news more than us out of the big time schools besides florida. It would be a welcome relief to signing day.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Spent most of the weekend hunting and fishing.

Big Cat seems like he'd be my kind of cat (see what I did there?).  Hopefully he signs AU

So last week we were confident on DE Ryan Johnson coming to AU and all but written off DE/Buck Bryant to UGA for the most part. Now today Johnson is a no go for AU and AU is now more confident in Bryant's signature. I will admit I don't no Johnsons ability to play Buck and just as uninformed about Bryant's ability to be a true DE. Just going by positions listed in their profiles. Also I know there's that guy that will say it would be ideal to have both, but now that's not in the cards. My question is this: what are the opinions on those that follow recruiting on this potential trade off? Does Johnson or Bryant have a greater ceiling or value for AU? I know AU has holland coming in to replace Lawson as well as James III and Coe (and probably others not mentioned at either spot) to play DE. Even though that thought is only a short term variable in the equation. Sorry in adavance if this was previously asked. 

Edited by AUStew87