2017 4* DE/Buck Markaviest Bryant COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

What is our contingencies plans if miss on Bryant, Johnson, and Solomon?

Reports have not dug that far yet with AU likely leading for 2 of the 3 at the moment.

Edited by ellitor

I hope his cousin will convince him to come to the best school of which is us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

E, you said it's likely AU leads for two of the three. Who are the two?

Johnson. We may lead for Bryany but that's not clear cut. I site thinks we do. 2 think UGA does.

E if we only got Johnson from this group that would give us 2 D-Linemen as I remember earlier you said we wanted 2-3. With the weak D-Line class this year and the bumper of quality D-Linemen we got last year would we just wait till next year for more D-Linemen?

12 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Heck, we can feast on Bama, UGA, and FL's leftovers and have a great class every year. 

Agree. But we better add a few of the guys that uat and uga want. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Agree. But we better add a few of the guys that uat and uga want. 

That is why getting someone like Solomon this yr is so important, imo.

I am hoping Kodi goes to a Del Carnegie class for recruiting skills.    I've not met him personally but heard great things, only hope he can start relating better.   

Next year is where Kodi will have to earn his salary as a recruiter. He will have had a few years to have built up relationships that should start bearing fruit. He will also be in his second year with the bumper crop from last year. If they with Stidham show out next year then I think we can expect a good class from Kodi next year.

7 minutes ago, lala said:

That is why getting someone like Solomon this yr is so important, imo.

I am hoping Kodi goes to a Del Carnegie class for recruiting skills.    I've not met him personally but heard great things, only hope he can start relating better.   

Solomon is going to uat. Going to be interesting to watch who gets processed by uat. 

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Next year is where Kodi will have to earn his salary as a recruiter. He will have had a few years to have built up relationships that should start bearing fruit. He will also be in his second year with the bumper crop from last year. If they with Stidham show out next year then I think we can expect a good class from Kodi next year.

Kodi, I'm told, just does not have the "it" factor when it come to recruiting. Told this by coaches who have interaction with Kodi. Nice guy. But just not a recruiter. Not good for a WR coach. 

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kodi, I'm told, just does not have the "it" factor when it come to recruiting. Told this by coaches who have interaction with Kodi. Nice guy. But just not a recruiter. Not good for a WR coach. 

Any idea why Gus has him on staff?  Where could a guy like him fit in in college football?

39 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Solomon is going to uat. Going to be interesting to watch who gets processed by uat. 

Probably, but he has visited Auburn a lot of times and is officially visiting Jan 20 so you never know. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Kid wants to go to uga but looks like uga won't have room. 

I was not going to be the one to post that but yup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Any idea why Gus has him on staff?  Where could a guy like him fit in in college football?

Because he wanted a guy who would focus on coaching & in Gus's eyes not waste his energy and time trying to challenge Gus.  

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Heck, we can feast on Bama, UGA, and FL's leftovers and have a great class every year. 

That's how AU has historically done its recruiting. Beat them for just a few top guys and you have a top 10 class.

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Keep making me the Debbie Downer. 

Lol. I have not made you out to be Debbie Downer. Others said that.

40 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So, UGA doesn't have room for a really good 4* DE in a down year for DL prospects?!?!

It looks to me like UGA is killing it recruiting this year

32 minutes ago, fredst said:

It looks to me like UGA is killing it recruiting this year

They have already hit the "elite" level 300 points in the composite with a few extra spots left to fill. Malzahn should be very nervous about the future of Georgia football under Kirby Smart. There's a HUGE difference in having a top 10 recruiting class every year compared to a school that is able to get to 300. Only UAT has been able to hit it consistently every year.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, AUDevil said:

We could hire Les Miles as the O-Line coach and recruiting coordinator and move Hand to the WR coach. Miles was an elite O-line at Michigan during his playing days. Heck, make Les as a Co-OC and pay him $1.5 million per year with a hefty penalty clause if he leaves before his 3 year contract is up. The penalty will have to be paid by Les and not us. Chew on this a bit my fellow posters and give me your thoughts on this.

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So, UGA doesn't have room for a really good 4* DE in a down year for DL prospects?!?!

They have 3 spots left. Not sure where he falls on their priority list but I know getting a DT & another DB is higher.