2017 4* DE/Buck Markaviest Bryant COMMITS TO AU!!!

ellitor

I'm perfectly happy to have Bryant if UGA doesn't have room. Specifically, I'd take Bryant over Robert Beal any day of the week, and that's especially true considering "fit" within our scheme. I know that most places disagree with me there, but I've seen film of both guys. Bryant looks like he has a faster first step and superior athleticism. We can work on getting him stronger when he's in the door, but it's a lot harder to teach first step and speed.

10 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm perfectly happy to have Bryant if UGA doesn't have room. Specifically, I'd take Bryant over Robert Beal any day of the week, and that's especially true considering "fit" within our scheme. I know that most places disagree with me there, but I've seen film of both guys. Bryant looks like he has a faster first step and superior athleticism. We can work on getting him stronger when he's in the door, but it's a lot harder to teach first step and speed.

But apparently Robert Beal performed really well in the all star game a couple weeks ago. I heard Bryant got dominated by some of the top OL. FWIW.

Hard to believe UGA won't find a way to get Bryant in this class. I would have thought Smart would be Saban smart i.e., process or grayshirt someone.  If we do miss on MB I still believe Moultry is a Buck in waiting.  Close to Holland size when JH came in, but more explosive IMO.

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

They have already hit the "elite" level 300 points in the composite with a few extra spots left to fill. Malzahn should be very nervous about the future of Georgia football under Kirby Smart. There's a HUGE difference in having a top 10 recruiting class every year compared to a school that is able to get to 300. Only UAT has been able to hit it consistently every year.

I was always concerned about Kirby the recruiter. Kirby the HC/program manager worries me less, although the jury is admittedly still out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was always concerned about Kirby the recruiter. Kirby the HC/program manager worries me less, although the jury is admittedly still out.

I'm just waiting for Kirby the recruiter to venture too far into REC style recruiting and get his butt handed to him by the NCAA because he doesn't have Emmert protection.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm just waiting for Kirby the recruiter to venture too far into REC style recruiting and get his butt handed to him by the NCAA because he doesn't have Emmert protection.

He started doing that last year with Derrick Brown......it backfired on him. Kirby's a prick

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He started doing that last year with Derrick Brown......it backfired on him. Kirby's a prick

He's lucky it was an Auburn recruit, since we're the nice guys.  He tries that with someone Saban wants and Georgia's program will be picking up the pieces for a couple of years.

4 hours ago, autan said:

Hard to believe UGA won't find a way to get Bryant in this class. I would have thought Smart would be Saban smart i.e., process or grayshirt someone.  If we do miss on MB I still believe Moultry is a Buck in waiting.  Close to Holland size when JH came in, but more explosive IMO.

So does the staff. As of now the plan is to get him at least some touches in the dirt.

• Like 1

I think the following could transpire with Kirby:

1. Kirby will produce 7 or 8 wins or worse in seasons over the next 3-4 seasons and will get fired. Trust me on this one. This is the best thing that could happen for us. This will put us in a much better situation with recruits and winning some games against Uga.

11 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think the following could transpire with Kirby:

1. Kirby will produce 7 or 8 wins or worse in seasons over the next 3-4 seasons and will get fired. Trust me on this one. This is the best thing that could happen for us. This will put us in a much better situation with recruits and winning some games against Uga.

This was the year to put UGA, and Kirby in their place.He was reeling in his first year, and the natives over here in GA were beginning to become restless. Gus crapped the bed, gave Kirby some momentum, and now the dog is off the chain. (Pun intended).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

This was the year to put UGA, and Kirby in their place.He was reeling in his first year, and the natives over here in GA were beginning to become restless. Gus crapped the bed, gave Kirby some momentum, and now the dog is off the chain. (Pun intended).

A stronger chain of titanium should be what the doctor ordered.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I blame the loss to UGA on SW for not telling the coaches about his injury and Gus and Lashlee for not being able to tell something was wrong with SW.

We've been over this countless times. Please stop beating a dead horse. Gus had full knowledge of the injury as far as what was available and was advised to take Sean out but chose not to because he knew that even a hurt Sean was his best chance to win.

And ultra competitive athletes aren't going to volunteer any more injury info than that have to, especially at 18-22 years old.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I blame the loss to UGA on SW for not telling the coaches about his injury and Gus and Lashlee for not being able to tell something was wrong with SW.

After seeing the first half of the Vandy game and every game after Georgia, do you think pulling Sean would have really mattered?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, milehighfan said:

good grief

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I"ve already been scolded dad, so give me a break

Time out for you...................j/k Gus did know before the game how bad SW injury was blame Gus all you want but not SW.

I wasn't attempting to throw SW under the bus. I read an earlier poster talking about the UGA game and it got my blood boiling so I went to my tried and untrue method of shoot first and ask questions later.

37 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I wasn't attempting to throw SW under the bus. I read an earlier poster talking about the UGA game and it got my blood boiling so I went to my tried and untrue method of shoot first and ask questions later.

its ok 

Kind of like farting first then flushing the toilet!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Ahh. So you have been the one injuring him....

• Like 2

yo @ellitor are we really gonna not get any of Monty Adams cousins?! how the heck does this happen? Though I know clayton we did not pursue at all till champ left for usc lite. He did not like him or something to that affect.