Bammer QB recruit Barnes

GaTigerFan

For those that think Bammer recruits ALWAYS get higher ratings....

(me included). I thought this was interesting...

Link:

http://mb1.scout.com/ftheinsidersrecruitin...icID=4008.topic

Bama recruiting question to Jamie Newberg: 1/19/05:

How does Jimmy Barnes drop from 4 to 3? :lol: He looked great in the All Star game. He looked like a better QB than Paulus, or Crompton. He was more accurate and played within himself.

Reply from Newberg:

"A few reasons - he was slotted exactly there in the Calif. state rankings and after watching him all week I just didn't think he was a four-star guy. So did others. "

Jamie Newberg

National College Football Recruiting Analyst

TheInsidersRecruiting.com

The scout.com staff conducted a "Mock Draft" of all Players at the AA game. Four "teams" had the chance to select any of the 86 players that were invited. Only 74 players were picked in the "draft". Apparently he wasn't too impressive because Barnes was not selected. Now.... I'm no scout, but I watched the game. Jimmy had a few good passes but he looked extremely slow and a little overweight to me. Average QB. If he doesn't shape up in college, he will be eatin' alive by all the fast DE's. JMHO

now, you know, if he is going to be a bammerboob, he is the greatest thing since a vasectomy....the reincarnation of johnny unitas,joe willie namath and jim thorpe all rolled into one....he speaks six languages and jumped from the ground to a three story window ledge to rescue an old lady's cat....he will be a great quarterback and a great defensive tackle,(he will lay both ways) when he gets to bammer....you get the gist

now, you know, if he is going to be a bammerboob, he is the greatest thing since a vasectomy....the reincarnation of johnny unitas,joe willie namath and jim thorpe all rolled into one....he speaks six languages and jumped from the ground to a three story window ledge to rescue an old lady's cat....he will be a great  quarterback and a  great defensive tackle,(he will lay both ways) when he gets to bammer....you get the gist

140508[/snapback]

Wonder if he grows a mullet? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

now, you know, if he is going to be a bammerboob, he is the greatest thing since a vasectomy....the reincarnation of johnny unitas,joe willie namath and jim thorpe all rolled into one....he speaks six languages and jumped from the ground to a three story window ledge to rescue an old lady's cat....he will be a great  quarterback and a  great defensive tackle,(he will lay both ways) when he gets to bammer....you get the gist

140508[/snapback]

Wonder if he grows a mullet? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

140510[/snapback]

being from the left coast(and you know what type people are out there) and leaving and becoming a bammerboob?....makes me wonder if the kid grew a brain

140508[/snapback]

Tom... you make me laugh dude!

He looked horrible....sorry Bama fans.....

140507[/snapback]

How so? He had the best stats of all the QBs and had a second half TD dropped. The 60 yarder to the showboat was a great pass on a deep out.

Also, the Rivals guys saw him all week too...and bumped him up to the #13 QB in the country.

He looked horrible....sorry Bama fans.....

140507[/snapback]

How so? He had the best stats of all the QBs and had a second half TD dropped. The 60 yarder to the showboat was a great pass on a deep out.

Also, the Rivals guys saw him all week too...and bumped him up to the #13 QB in the country.

140518[/snapback]

I don't think the "Rivals guys" were all that impressed. They sure didn't talk about him too much. It was all Sanchez.....

you can always compare this guy to jarod lorenzen....and just think of how much fun we can have making up names for chubby

140520[/snapback]

:lol: he is so slow... He took a fierce hit late in the game... D lineman bounced off him.... I feel a little sorry for him..... well, not really. He does throw a nice pass but I doubt seriously that he will play too much unless he loses that baby fat.

Barnes is listed at 230 lbs and maybe he was (in the 9th grade)... He was almost as big as some of the OL that were playing. My guess is he is more like 260. I don't think he is as tall as Lorenzen was.

He's a pocket passer, not a runner like Vick.

I just hope he doesn't make it all the way to UK QB size. :D

140523[/snapback]

This is kind of an understatement. If there is one attribute that you look at and it makes you go :no: its the 40 time. I know 40s are not always accurate, but 5.31 is really high. The Dlinemen in the SEC run faster forties than this. With the situation with your QBs(Guillon's back and Spence's departure)and the probability of Brodie playing an entire season up in the air, if this guy sees the field you guys are going to wish you still had Avalos :roflol: .

Why're you guys worried about a QB that ain't even on campus yet? :D

140542[/snapback]

because we were counting on Brodie going down next year

Why're you guys worried about a QB that ain't even on campus yet? :D

140542[/snapback]

Because they don't want to face the QB they already have on campus. :lol::lol::poke::roflol:

uat has no qbs. I certainly hope whomever may line up at the positin for them can run. With that O-line, he will stay about as healthy as the skinny kid wearing the #12 dark pink jersey. :thumbsup:

actually, no one gives a damn about bammer or what lady they play at QB

140623[/snapback]

You seem to, it's all you ever post about. :lol:

well i'll just be honest.. and you guys can all call me cold hearted and what not.. but it wouldn't bother me to see all of the people wearing dark pink to come off the field with some kind of injury... i'm not meaning life threatening or fatal but i have a hatred for bammer that runs very deep.

this is where the bammers on board get angry, they start coming back with how i'm so heartless and i shouldn't talk like that and how classless i am.. well call me classless but i can't stand bammer.

well i'll just be honest.. and you guys can all call me cold hearted and what not.. but it wouldn't bother me to see all of the people wearing dark pink to come off the field with some kind of injury... i'm not meaning life threatening or fatal but i have a hatred for bammer that runs very deep.

this is where the bammers on board get angry, they start coming back with how i'm so heartless and i shouldn't talk like that and how classless i am.. well call me classless but i can't stand bammer.

140638[/snapback]

:no:

140638[/snapback]

:no:

140640[/snapback]

ok for those of you on the board that took that last post seriously.. IT WAS A JOKE!! most everyone on here knows i use sarcasm a lot. Sorry for not making that clear Hornet.. my bad.. i was making jokes.. i don't wish injuries on anyone.. it sucks when guys get hurt.. i was just poking fun at BG and Strey.. I like those guys..

Archived