2016 Fall Camp - Practice 1

RunInRed

Auburn Football is back! :bananadance:

Notes:

• Jovon Robinson has been dismissed from the team
    • Malzahn: "He didn't meet my standards; We are going to have zero distractions on the team this year ."
    • Carl Lawson: Refused to comment - "he's been dismissed from the team"
    • Austin Golson: "We support coach's decision ... Surprised but we have to do what's best for the team."
    • Marcus Davis said he does not know why Jovon Robinson was dismissed, and the team was not told why. " It's tough but at the end of the day we have to respect what's going on as far as what coach Malzahn. Right now I feel like the team is in a good place because of the offseason we had and the brotherhood we (developed)."
  • Freshman WR Kyle Davis is out and day-to-day with an undisclosed foot injury
  • Austin Golson:
    • Golson says RB Kerryon Johnson could be "one of the best in the SEC
    • Golson on Carl Lawson: "He's the best I've ever seen, ever blocked, ever will block, probably."
  • Marcus Davis:
    • Davis said he's optimistic about the season 'just because everybody is buying back in to what we’re trying to do.'
    • Davis said Kamryn Pettway, who played FB last year, has been "really eye-opening" at RB.
  • Former Baylor QB, Jarrett Stidham, was in attendance with his dad and girlfriend in tow.  

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Who's the starting QB?

It was going to be JF3 but then the coaches watched the Netflix documentary and are reevaluating ;)

1 minute ago, RunInRed said:

It was going to be JF3 but then the coaches watched the Netflix documentary and are reevaluating ;)

LOL. But sadly so true.

15 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Well done!!

wde

• Starting running back Jovon Robinson was absent. Kerryon Johnson was taking most of the first-team reps.
  • Quarterbacks to work with the first-team offense during the opening period were Jeremy Johnson and John Franklin III. Sean White worked with the second team.
  • First-team offensive line is unchanged: Austin Golson, Alex Kozan, Xavier Dampeer, Braden Smith and Robert Leff
  • As is typical for the first couple of practices, the true freshman who arrived in the summer were observing from the sideline or in Woody Barrett's case, from behind the quarterback in the offensive backfield

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/auburn_fall_camp_practice_observations_day_1.html

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So Jovon is out for the season. Or no, he's transferring, or maybe he got arrested and he's sitting in jail! Oh no! We have no running back! Ha

Really hope not.

My theme for this year is to read way too much into everything. So with JJ running first team, that means he's QB #1 and we have a Cam 2.0, right?

Whoa, so Jovon was missing. And Stidham was at practice. Did not expect that.

Is Stidham looked at as a better option next year for us than JF3, SW, and Woody? If he goes JUCO he chooses AU he will be a RS-Soph right? Meaning Woody will be a RS-FR (probably), SW will be a RS-JR, and JF3 will be a RS-Senior, right? Is he head and shoulders better than SW (He's the only guy we have seen play and compare to)?

Just now, AUwent said:

^Just speculation? Or do you actually know that?

Lol, no I'm just messing around, because we all know that that's usually how these things go. I just wanted to cover some rumors before they start. 

Archived