2016 Fall Camp - Practice 1

RunInRed

12 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I realize JR is the news of the day, but I'm bummed about Kyle Davis' injury.  Hope it really is day to day, but "undisclosed foot injury" as one report put it sounds like these mystery lingering injuries.  I was really looking forward to watching Kyle.

I was too. He was my pick for breakout player this year. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but here goes:

UGH, I knew it was a risk taking the guy after the academic issue, but jesus, is class that unimportant to the guy? 

OK.....so now we know I guess and it was not the altercation or the little incident mentioned by one of the posters here.....but more likely it was a matter or "let me count the ways".......which caused Gus to believe that he was going to have to spend the entire season nursing this guy along trying to keep him interested and out of trouble.

As noted several times now.....time to move on....."next man (men) up"

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK.....so now we know I guess and it was not the altercation or the little incident mentioned by one of the posters here.....but more likely it was a matter or "let me count the ways".......which caused Gus to believe that he was going to have to spend the entire season nursing this guy along trying to keep him interested and out of trouble.

As noted several times now.....time to move on....."next man (men) up"

Don't think for a second that the altercation wasn't a factor. Another bullet point on his rap sheet...

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UGH, I knew it was a risk taking the guy after the academic issue, but jesus, is class that unimportant to the guy? 

Got a feeling that the Netflix program could have been shot at AU as far as some of the scenes with the academic counselor go.

I'm excited to see the Davidson/Cowart position battle through the fall.  I think they combined can be a strength.  Interested also to see who is Lawsons backup.  Also does Marshall Taylor figure to "start" opposite of Davis or does Dean have that locked down?  The defensive backfield seems to be the place for the most jocking this year.  

Anyone know if the freshmen will participate today or another viewing day for them?

Love the video, but should it be public?  Plays kind of looked the same, so I guess he is calling them as they go tempo.  I pray it is a 'make', but Coach could make or break himself this year.  I have faith (as always), but losing JR kinda makes this feel like last year as it gets started.  He used the word distraction, and that is surely how it feels now for me.  Win or lose, it will be another college football season, and that my friends is a VERY BEAUTIFUL THING.  #WARDAMN

13 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Sorry 23, I was talking about Gus and the Auburn Admin not about your post.  They could come out and squash all speculation by stating what happened and why he was dismissed.  They chose to keep it in house and of course you're going to have speculation and rumor running wild with nothing concrete said by the head coach.

There are all kinds of potential legal issues if they go into why they dismissed a player.  You can bet the Auburn lawyers are in Gus's office before any major disciplinary move, making sure nothing happens that puts the school at risk.

12 minutes ago, ATiger579304 said:

Love the video, but should it be public?  Plays kind of looked the same, so I guess he is calling them as they go tempo.  I pray it is a 'make', but Coach could make or break himself this year.  I have faith (as always), but losing JR kinda makes this feel like last year as it gets started.  He used the word distraction, and that is surely how it feels now for me.  Win or lose, it will be another college football season, and that my friends is a VERY BEAUTIFUL THING.  #WARDAMN

It's already different...we're not speculating on what the punishment will be for our star player.  Duke was a distraction from the Outback Bowl up until his dismissal halfway through the season.  Jovon will be hashed/rehashed this week, then the team's focus moves on.

Jovon is gone.  Auburn has KJ.  Gus has had a top 10 recruiting class every year he has been head coach so no excuses. 

Unfortunately Jovon's dismissal stole the show.  But i have a question for Lionheartkc, WarDamnEagle, Golf or anybody else in the know.  Auburn picked up Kameron Martin from Baylor. Next thing we find out is his former teammate Jarrett Stidham is at the first day of fall camp for Auburn. I wonder if Martin called Stidham and told him he could be Auburns next QB.  I honestly don't know.  I figure that has to be some correlation there.  Is Art Briles trying to send his best players Malzahns way?  the Jovon drama has kind of taken away from this story.  But I would like to know.  Could Stidham be out QB this year? 

7 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Jovon is gone.  Auburn has KJ.  Gus has had a top 10 recruiting class every year he has been head coach so no excuses. 

Unfortunately Jovon's dismissal stole the show.  But i have a question for Lionheartkc, WarDamnEagle, Golf or anybody else in the know.  Auburn picked up Kameron Martin from Baylor. Next thing we find out is his former teammate Jarrett Stidham is at the first day of fall camp for Auburn. I wonder if Martin called Stidham and told him he could be Auburns next QB.  I honestly don't know.  I figure that has to be some correlation there.  Is Art Briles trying to send his best players Malzahns way?  the Jovon drama has kind of taken away from this story.  But I would like to know.  Could Stidham be out QB this year? 

I certainly wouldn't call myself in the know.  I just do a lot of repeating the guys who actually have connections.  That being said, the only way you would probably be able to get an answer to that is to talk to Martin and Stidham.  He could have easily just been here because the whole world knows we aren't settled on our next QB, or the next after that, and save one disastrous year, Gus is know for making good players look great in his offense.

What are the odds of Stephen Davis, Jr reincarnating his dad at RB now?  Would make sense to give him a good long look at RB now wouldn't it?

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I certainly wouldn't call myself in the know.  I just do a lot of repeating the guys who actually have connections.  That being said, the only way you would probably be able to get an answer to that is to talk to Martin and Stidham.  He could have easily just been here because the whole world knows we aren't settled on our next QB, or the next after that, and save one disastrous year, Gus is know for making good players look great in his offense.

Apparently, according to the guys on Sports Call, the kid was looking through the playbook. That seems like a done deal to me. If it isn't, Gus probably needs to covet his playbook a little better. After all, we only have like 6 plays. 

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Apparently, according to the guys on Sports Call, the kid was looking through the playbook. That seems like a done deal to me. If it isn't, Gus probably needs to covet his playbook a little better. After all, we only have like 6 plays. 

I remember playing high school football and swear we only had 6 plays we ran per game. Half of those 3 were just the reverse of the other 3 and we made the playoffs almost every year. 

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

i started out laughing at what you wrote, but now i am crying, because you just told the truth.....i came up with 5 of the plays, what is the 6th?

Archived