2016 Fall Camp - Practice 1

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

^Are there any gritty rumors on premium sites?

We don't do rumors here.   Link or no post rule has been in place for over a decade.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• True freshman quarterback Woody Barrett wasn’t allowed to participate on the first day of practice, but that didn’t stop the quarterback from putting some work in. Barrett mimicked the snap count and mechniacs of Auburn’s other quarterbacks during a pace drill featuring the first, second and third team all running a series of plays.
  • Prince Sammons was in a boot following foot surgery that’s expected to keep him out for up to a month.
  • Prince Tega Wahogho was with the offensive line for the first time Wednesday. The former defensive lineman is transitioning to the other side of the ball. During early individual drills, Robert Leff helped Wahogho out with his technique between reps.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article93557797.html

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think the most interesting part of that was Woody shadowing Jeremy.

When I first saw that, I thought he had shoulder pads on then I remembered they are just in shorts and helmets. That kid is big.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Oh man, they're moving, aren't they?! I'm sure this has some to do with the fact that JJ is a senior and by now, probably has the playbook down pretty well. 

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Woody is HUGE!

More JR drama? What has it been ....four years of this now ? 

Just now, AU64 said:

More JR drama? What has it been ....four years of this now ? 

I am not going to let the drama get to me..We have running backs that can play and in the spring game, the H-backs ran the ball very well. Punishing at times.

1 minute ago, AUFan21 said:

I am not going to let the drama get to me..We have running backs that can play and in the spring game, the H-backs ran the ball very well. Punishing at times.

I like your optimism

Surely it can't be anything too bad. If you're going to discipline someone harshly and he's probably the best player on offense, you would think that the fan base would deserve to know. For that reason, I'm assuming it has something to do with school/home life

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Surely it can't be anything too bad. If you're going to discipline someone harshly and he's probably the best player on offense, you would think that the fan base would deserve to know. For that reason, I'm assuming it has something to do with school/home life

I think a lot of people prefer to use their Jump to Conclusions Mat. 

Jovon Robinson's most recent tweet: Things are not always what they seem, Life is what you make it, so make it last #God1st #Family2nd

On JF3 ...

Heard all summer that John Franklin III added some bulk to his wiry frame.

Seeing is believing.

At today's practice, the junior college transfer did in fact look like he's been hitting the weights. Arms are certainly bigger. Shouldn't can't get wider, but Franklin III actually looks like the 186 pounds he's listed as being on Auburn's preseason roster.

Whether that's going to help him play this season remains to be seen, but at least Franklin III doesn't look like someone a strong wind could knock down. He's in a three-man quarterback with senior Jeremy Johnson and third-year sophomore Sean White.

Johnson was working with the first team, White had the second team and Franklin III was the third team. That doesn't mean much either considering all three could start Sept. 3 against Clemson, but former Baylor quarterback Jarrett Stidham created a buzz by being at practice.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn was talking to him during practice when the media could view him. Until I see him in pads wearing an Auburn helmet, there's not much to discuss here. He's got options.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/rankinfile/2016/08/03/auburn-first-day-of-practice-for-2016-season/88038588/

40 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:
1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

Jovon Robinson's most recent tweet: Things are not always what they seem, Life is what you make it, so make it last #God1st #Family2nd

So Jovon went to church instead of practice. Well, I guess we can forgive him for that.

Maybe Jovon is sick today and will be back at practice once his antibiotics run their course?  It could be just a little bug he needs to get over.

17 minutes ago, AUFan21 said:

agree but some guys just seem to always be on the front page...no matter what the reason.  Would be nice if it's nothing.....but also seems the sports information department or coaches should recognize that something like that will no go unnoticed and be prepared for it.   JMO

Listening to The Drive right now, and they don't seem to be worried about Jovon. One of the guys saw him in the complex yesterday. Maybe that will ease you guy's collective mind.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Listening to The Drive right now, and they don't seem to be worried about Jovon. One of the guys saw him in the complex yesterday. Maybe that will ease you guy's collective mind.

Auburn sportscall is freaking out about it lol. It very well could be nothing.

Archived