2016 Fall Camp - Practice 1

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

no details.  Gus said between himself and Jovon.  Said this is a team and will have no distractions.  Pettway full time running back now, said that was a decision already made.  Gus looks very angry.

he'll get in a better mood when the season is over....he'll get paid about 10 millions clams to relocate....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for Gus.  Can't let the inmates run the asylum.  He was visibly frustrated at Jovon, you could tell his demeanor and if coach is going down he's going down swinging.

Gus learned a valuable lesson last season. This proves that he's smart enough to stand by what he learned. Good move, coach. Petway will be damn good. 

Later JR. Good luck to you.

Next man up. Glad pettway moved spots. Guys that want to be here deserve opportunities.  Sounds like Gus made a good decision.  There is more to this and I bet it hits the news soon. 

Next man up....i guess some think the season is over. You can't have another Duke situation. The decision to cut him loose more than likely had been made for sometime. Doubt if Gus decided on this today. 

Just now, SumterAubie said:

At least he did not let it fester like the Williams situation. I suppose.

He kinda did. Anyways hope this will satisfy Marshall Taylor enough to rejoin team.

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

At least he did not let it fester like the Williams situation. I suppose.

This. ....

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Gus learned a valuable lesson last season. This proves that he's smart enough to stand by what he learned. Good move, coach. Petway will be damn good. 

Pettway did look good in the spring game.I hope he can do that well during the season.We will need him.

im 100% with this

if you haven't paying attention to previous seasons, preferential star treatment has divided and distracted the team before.

2015: Duke

2014:  Whitehead -therezie mentioned it divided the defense 

so it's get down or lay down. we got  Clemson in a few weeks

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Next man up....i guess some think the season is over. You can't have another Duke situation. The decision to cut him loose more than likely had been made for sometime. Doubt if Gus decided on this today. 

If he deserved to be dismissed then i agree 100% but unlike Duke....Jovon will hurt b/c he was expected to have the ball in his hands a majority of the time. It is a huge loss anyway you slice it but again...i support Gus b/c at this point we have no idea what he did to be let go. 

K.P. is going to impress. A runaway truck.

I understand that teams are going to have bad eggs, but why do our always have to be good players?! Why can't we kick off a 3rd team punter?!

Archived