Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

Jovon Robinson has been dismissed from the team

• Malzahn: "He didn't meet my standards; We are going to have zero distractions on the team this year ."
  • Carl Lawson: Refused to comment - "he's been dismissed from the team"
  • Austin Golson: "We support coach's decision ... Surprised but we have to do what's best for the team."
  • Marcus Davis said he does not know why Jovon Robinson was dismissed, and the team was not told why. " It's tough but at the end of the day we have to respect what's going on as far as what coach Malzahn. Right now I feel like the team is in a good place because of the offseason we had and the brotherhood we (developed)."

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hurts...but it's the right decision. 

Well, I'll be cautiously optimistic that our other RBs can get it done.

Who steps up? Or do we see a rotation of these guys?

Kerryon Johnson

Kamryn Pettway

Malik Miller

Kam Martin

This is a very big loss. I had no clue this was going down. I knew he had been in an altercation, but something else must have happened. This may make the qb decision easier as we no longer have a stud rb that can run inside and take the beating. KJ is good but can he be a Tre Mason type like JR could I don't know. 

People saying we are screwed need to get a little dose of reality.  This program is ALWAYS bigger than one player.  We have very capable players ready to work their asses off and take that spot.  It wasn't even a given that Robinson was going to be the starter.  Widely speculated, yes, confirmed, not even close.

Didnt mean to post "we are screwed" twice. Anyways we just lost our best offensive player and now we have 0 depth at rb. Gonna be rough to watch this year imo. We will have to see if we can get it done with a sophomore, a true freshmen and 2 fbs

1 minute ago, Altima said:

Gus screwed the pooch with Roc...

bit him in the ass.

U keep saying this ...but what did Roc do in his two seasons that proved he could be an every down back in the SEC. He had chance after chance and either he could not stay healthy or he made costly mistakes when given the chance. And it was Roc's decision to leave, it's not like Gus ran him out the door. 

Hate it happened but I'm glad Gus showed the guts to nip it in the bud. After Duke hanging on and hanging on last year I think it was the right move. I'm to the point I'd rather play with guys that want to be there and work hard to be their best. If you can't respect your teammates, your coaches, your school and yourself then we will proceed without you. I wish JR the best in his future and I hope he has a successful career. 

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

People saying we are screwed need to get a little dose of reality.  This program is ALWAYS bigger than one player.  We have very capable players ready to work their asses off and take that spot.  It wasn't even a given that Robinson was going to be the starter.  Widely speculated, yes, confirmed, not even close.

Sorry, just hard for me to see any bright side to this. Imo our offense just took a huge blow

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

True but this will be very to make up with what we have left. imo

He gone now. Hopefully the team does not fold up as some of the fans here. Jovon was talented but u can't just mail the season in because he is gone. Tough to replace but he is replaceable of that makes sense. I think Pettway and his size will surprise some of us...

I had to look up our RBs besides KJ and Malik and the only reason I know Malik is because I went to a scrimmage and A Day.  This is a huge loss, but my guess is Gus isn't putting up with anything this year after the Duke episode. 

8 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Ummmmmm Roc screwed the pooch with Roc.

Nope... Gus could've made him stay.  Too stubborn.

At this point, you might as well go with the best passer at the position. We won't be even comparable in terms of what could've been with the read option between JF3 and Jovon. I hope Jeremy learned how to play QB again, inverted veer between him and KJ would be alright.

Just now, atl-tiger said:

I had to look up our RBs besides KJ and Malik and the only reason I know Malik is because I went to a scrimmage and A Day.  This is a huge loss, but my guess is Gus isn't putting up with anything this year after the Duke episode. 

Good strategy until you run out of horses in your stable.  Then you're no better off than last year.

Archived