11 minutes ago, Altima said:

Gus screwed the pooch with Roc...

bit him in the ass.

How many different threads are you going to post this? My goodness

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Good strategy until you run out of horses in your stable.  Then you're no better off than last year.

Yeah I mean at this point I see SW starting at QB. Pass heavy. Just don't see KJ being able to be a workhorse. 

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

Yeah I mean at this point I see SW starting at QB. Pass heavy. Just don't see KJ being able to be a workhorse. 

Similar logic, but Sean is just a sitting duck back there. Jeremy has been supposedly attempting to get mobile every day of the offseason. All we need from him is to be mentally intact. Alot easier than Sean suddenly not being a statue

Unreal.  I'd love to see behind the scenes with Gus.  At least the people (coaches and players) that are left should all be on the same page by now.

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

U keep saying this ...but what did Roc do in his two seasons that proved he could be an every down back in the SEC. He had chance after chance and either he could not stay healthy or he made costly mistakes when given the chance. And it was Roc's decision to leave, it's not like Gus ran him out the door. 

We didn't see much of Roc after the Jax State game...  So really, nobody knows how good Roc could've been.

Secondly, it wasn't entirely Roc's decision to leave.  He was thinking about it, due to the whole 'position change' ... he was wanting Gus to reassure him that he would have a role in the offense.  He was told he would, but after a non-productive spring, Roc wanted out... and Gus reluctantly let him.  

big mistake...

14 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

People saying we are screwed need to get a little dose of reality.  This program is ALWAYS bigger than one player.  We have very capable players ready to work their asses off and take that spot.  It wasn't even a given that Robinson was going to be the starter.  Widely speculated, yes, confirmed, not even close.

lol

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Good strategy until you run out of horses in your stable.  Then you're no better off than last year.

I think that Pettway will get the workhorse carries this season. We really have no other choice. We could also incorporate JF3's speed into the offense in a expanded wildcat role. 

From the look on his face at that press conference, it looked like CGM knows he sealed his fate. 

While yes, the program is bigger than 1 person. But a season sometimes isn't. We were already razor thin at RB. We have a sophomore and a couple true freshman.

Its not like we have the passing game to go that route. Next season, maybe. After our stud WR class has a chance to mature a bit. But this season was about running the ball. That's why JF3 was brought in this past class...

Well, that escalated quickly.

We are thin as can be at running back. I think Kerryon can be an awesome running back for us. I liked him having another season until he became the lead horse but he's going to have to grow up quickly. He is very talented if he can stay healthy (let's cross our fingers) he is talented enough to be our next 1000 yard rusher. 

We definitely took a slight hit there's no avoiding that, but luckily we have a very athletic, do-everything kind of guy that was behind Robinson. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I still question whether KJ can take the pounding running the ball inside like JR. Like I said in post before the may throw a wrench and make the qb decision easy without having an inside runner like JR or Tre was. 

15 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

U keep saying this ...but what did Roc do in his two seasons that proved he could be an every down back in the SEC. He had chance after chance and either he could not stay healthy or he made costly mistakes when given the chance. And it was Roc's decision to leave, it's not like Gus ran him out the door. 

First of all... we didn't see much of Roc after the Jax State game.  So nobody can really say how good Roc could've been.

Secondly, it wasn't entirely Roc's decision to leave.  Gus had the opportunity to get him to stay, and he didn't.

big mistake...

At least this happened before practices started so the rest of our RBs can get full practice and preperation for the season.  Pettway and Miller should be our bruisers and Kerryon and Martin will be our speedsters.  RB is one of those positions where you don't need a lot of experience to make an impact.

I understand that the team should be bigger than one player but, at the moment, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this situation and filling in the obvious gaps that now exist.  I find it hard to believe that most fans did not see JR as our #1 RB and the workhorse for the offense this season.

Seriously, what did he do? Ugh. 

And I'm probably in the minority on this, but I am glad our coach made the call to dismiss. I hate that he was put in a situation that needed this type of call, but do appreciate having the guts to let this stud go.  

Like what, Altima? Tell him he was the starter without earning it? He was going to play more this season barring another injury. 

At least this happened on the first day of practice instead of game week.  Now these guys can get a lot of reps they wouldn't have. I know the remaining crew is young but if there is a position to excel early is RB. Obviously we ask a bit more of our RBs in the form of pass blocking, but KJ played a good bit last year and KP primarily blocked at his position last year.  Also KJ and MM formed a good duo together in HS. They have chemistry working together.  I just wish we weren't playing one of the best teams in the country to figure this out but we will be good and youthful in the backfield. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Explain

You don't start altercations with new teammates...especially when you are supposed to be a leader. After the whole Duke incident I feel this is the right move. 

Archived