Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

It sucks for sure, but from these things rise the players that want it.  Seeing Gus put a key player in place could have a positive affect on overall team chemistry.  Personally, I think we will be fine barring injuries.  If we can win 8-10 games with what we've got in young talent, then I say the future is bright.  Time to make another drink, and pray that I believe what I'm saying.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate it for Jovon but Auburn had always been about more than one player. I am just glad if he needed to go that Gus did it now instead of dragging on like Duke last year. At least we know what we have. 

14 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Like what, Altima? Tell him he was the starter without earning it? He was going to play more this season barring another injury. 

Yep...

Reassure him he'd have a role in this offense... Yes, tell him he's gonna be a huge part to our success.  Promise playing time... It happens all the time in big-time athletics!

But, difintely don't let him transfer...

Ok so we have we have no for sure QB, RB, or WR's. If Gus can pull off a decent season, he really is a magician. 

No proven QB, one semi-proven RB, replacing 2 tackles on OL, no proven production at WR.....I'm thinking we are a little suspect on offense at this point.

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

You don't start altercations with new teammates...especially when you are supposed to be a leader. After the whole Duke incident I feel this is the right move. 

Altercation is a huge understatement 

I think that Gus made the right move if this was something serious.  With his ass on the line, he kicked a star senior off the team.  That can set the tone for the other 84 on the roster, and go a long way towards galvanizing a team.  Now to pray for my sanity this season.

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

At least this happened before practices started so the rest of our RBs can get full practice and preperation for the season.  Pettway and Miller should be our bruisers and Kerryon and Martin will be our speedsters.  RB is one of those positions where you don't need a lot of experience to make an impact.

Smartest thing anyone has contributed thus far. 

20 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

From the look on his face at that press conference, it looked like CGM knows he sealed his fate. 

While yes, the program is bigger than 1 person. But a season sometimes isn't. We were already razor thin at RB. We have a sophomore and a couple true freshman.

Its not like we have the passing game to go that route. Next season, maybe. After our stud WR class has a chance to mature a bit. But this season was about running the ball. That's why JF3 was brought in this past class...

No it wasn't.

18 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I still question whether KJ can take the pounding running the ball inside like JR. Like I said in post before the may throw a wrench and make the qb decision easy without having an inside runner like JR or Tre was. 

Don't think he can be an everydown back imo

Jovon took us to the next level. We can still have a decent running game, but not top third of the SEC caliber running game without that elite every down back. I love KJ, and I'm excited about Malik, but this one hurts.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't think he can be an everydown back imo

I don't either, I didn't want to come out and say it but I am with you. This one hurts bad. 

My previous post was overly positive. Reality is setting in for me. This was not the way to the way to start the season.

We can realistically hope for being marginally better than last season offensively and we better hope Steele has a career year.

I like KJ, I think he will be good. But realistically speaking we lost who our best player on offense was supposed to be.

This definitely curbs my expectations, and we have no QB, lost our best RB, have no true lead WR and no TE. And lost our 2 tackles from last year. our interior line should be good. But this is already looking similar to how crap hit the fan last year and we haven't even started the season. 

If Gus can improve our offense at all this year he should be commended. Plus Kyle Davis is out for a long time.....YIKES

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Jovon took us to the next level. We can still have a decent running game, but not top third of the SEC caliber running game without that elite every down back. I love KJ, and I'm excited about Malik, but this one hurts.

Agree on all points. I saw Malik practice a couple of times and I know he is not on JR level yet. JR was the everydown back we desperately need for CGM offense. Peyton last year was an everydown back but not near the talent JR is.

All of these players came to win championships ... Well alright men ... Somebody step up.

QB - open

RB - open

WR - open

OL - reshuffled

whoever "wants it" needs to come in and take it.  I'm sick of the bellyaching.  I want some mean SOB's that want to win.  Be leaders and go get it.

I liked what I saw out of KP in the spring. Hopefully him and KJ can man up and hold it down. Hate to see JR let go, but if it was a scenario anything like Dukes bull****, good riddance. Next man up.

Gus apparently did it right this time rather than waffle over the issue for a couple months while the team took sides.   Everyone able to start fresh for the season.  JR was a good running back but he was also a mope when he was not playing.   

I love KJ but he is not an every down back but we've had years with good offensive production when two or three backs shared the load.   Time for some guys to step up...they have a month to win their playing time.

So any idea what he did? Honestly I need to know what warranted a dismissal. I haven't heard of too much about Jovon being in trouble.  Attitude problems and being in the dog house can be anything( late for practice,curfew.etc). Unless it was a Duke situation or on the Baylor type level I just don't see a dismissal as warranted. This is me speaking knowing no info just hearsay. I'll move on from this...just want to know more about the situation 

If we've seen anything over the years, it's that Gus doesn't do this unless it's warranted. 

R-E-L-A-X. We've got 5 guys that can carry a football. 8 if you count some of the WR and JF3

Archived