Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

If this new safety kid started this, we should be worried about him as well. For all we know, or don't know, JR was trying to show leadership and the Taylor kid then started mouthing off. Having a new kid mouth off or whatever he was doing like this on day 1 isn't a good sign either.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, alabamabrown14 said:

So any idea what he did? Honestly I need to know what warranted a dismissal. I haven't heard of too much about Jovon being in trouble.  Attitude problems and being in the dog house can be anything( late for practice,curfew.etc). Unless it was a Duke situation or on the Baylor type level I just don't see a dismissal as warranted. This is me speaking knowing no info just hearsay. I'll move on from this...just want to know more about the situation 

If you read between the lines or the thread(s), you'd find that it was similar to a Duke situation.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

If this new safety kid started this, we should be worried about him as well. For all we know, or don't know, JR was trying to show leadership and the Taylor kid then started mouthing off. Having a new kid mouth off or whatever he was doing like this on day 1 isn't a good sign either.

Don't think it would've played out this way if that was the case

An already sparse backfield?

guys, this definitely hurts, I'm not saying it doesn't, but it's not like he's our Heisman candidate. We've got a stable of backs ready to go that all have very promising talent. Jovon is certainly more of a proven guy but I'm certainly buying into the Kam Pettway hype and I also think Kerryon is going to be a fantastic back. It hurts, don't get me wrong, but there is a way to win without him.

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

An already sparse backfield?

guys, this definitely hurts, I'm not saying it doesn't, but it's not like he's our Heisman candidate. We've got a stable of backs ready to go that all have very promising talent. Jovon is certainly more of a proven guy but I'm certainly buying into the Kam Pettway hype and I also think Kerryon is going to be a fantastic back. It hurts, don't get me wrong, but there is a way to win without him.

Just better hope they all stay healthy. 

I for one is now counting on KP. He came to Auburn to be a RB and whatever the reason he now has a second chance to be just that.

I am looking forward to him trucking a few defenders this year.

Then Mr. Change of Pace coming in and giving them something to be mindful of. 

16 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:
16 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Me too. Spill it Big Cat. 

It's too ugly to put on here. Let's just say they take a ride to Columbus Georgia, one comes back in the same shape he left, the other in bad shape without remembering a thing that happened to him.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just better hope they all stay healthy. 

A valid point, sure, but keeping backs healthy hasn't been a huge problem in the past. Keeping big time players has, sure (I.e. Duke). I certainly don't know how good Jovon could have been, but I think he could've been one of the SEC's best year. With the stable we have in power with Pettway, speed with Martin, and versatility with Kerryon, I think there's a way to piece this together. 

This just magnifies the puzzling recruiting AU has done at RB. We are basically down to two fullbacks(Cox and Pettway) and a scatback (Kerryon), who, while very talented is not a between the tackles every down RB. With a really good RB coach in Horton and a HC who loves to run the ball how is there such a shortage of true RB's on the roster?

Auburn’s Jovon Robinson dismissed from team for missing classes/meetings & “continued inattention to detail in everything” source told @ESPN

Via Brent McMurphy Twitter. Sounds like Duke 2.0

Just now, CR said:

This just magnifies the puzzling recruiting AU has done at RB. We are basically down to two fullbacks(Cox and Pettway) and a scatback (Kerryon), who, while very talented is not a between the tackles every down RB. With a really good RB coach in Horton and a HC who loves to run the ball how is there such a shortage of true RB's on the roster?

3 guys left the program in the past 6 months or so that still had eligibility. It's crazy

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Really starting your posting history off with a bang. You might do well to read the forum rules. Just sayin'. 

What?? Should I protect Jovon? Plus rules say that I shouldn't spout off rumors. This is not a rumor 

Just now, Big Cat HSV said:

What?? Should I protect Jovon? Plus rules say that I shouldn't spout off rumors. This is not a rumor 

You got to have a link or it is hearsay. Not saying you are not in the know though.

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Auburn’s Jovon Robinson dismissed from team for missing classes/meetings & “continued inattention to detail in everything” source told @ESPN

Via Brent McMurphy Twitter. Sounds like Duke 2.0

Then good riddance. Don't need that toxic type of attitude. 

I posted at 3:30 today JR was gone and it was removed for good reason because it could not be confirmed. It turned out accurate. I can tell you that same person told me it was due to him stealing from a teammate and then getting into a fight with that teammate. I don't know any other details and I don't know who won the fight. 

Archived