Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

Well, there is no way to sugar coat this...this stings! That said, it's done and I'm not going to worry about it anymore. As has been said, next man up.  We have talent at RB. It is raw and unproven, and on the surface not as good, but that does not mean they can't shock the world.  We have talent and this decision may affect the direction of the team, but what it doesn't change is our ability to support and back the other 84.

WDE, Gus and all the others that have decided to do what it takes to be an Auburn Tiger. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ouch! This has to hurt the progress of the offense because 1.No proven QB to 2. No proven go to experience WR's 3. New OL coach with a shuffled offensive line.

I have to wonder if JR will earn his way back before the season starts and miss the first 2 games before returning.

I hate this but it sounds like he brought this on himself.  As many have said we don't need another situation like last season with Duke. As much as this will hurt CGM had no other choice. 

As for Rock Thomas, what has he really done at the RB position to think he could be good. KJ had already had passes him by on the depth chart. Of Rock really wanted to leave then he was no good for Auburn anyway. 

Here's to an interesting upcoming football season, we will definitely see how good of a football coach CGM is and I believe he is really, really good. War Eagle! 

Just now, bigbird said:

Well, there is no way to sugar coat this...this stings! That said, it's done and I'm not going to worry about it anymore. As has been said, next man up.  We have talent at RB. It is raw and unproven, and on the surface not as good, but that does not mean they can't shock the world.  We have talent and this decision may affect the direction of the team, but what it doesn't change is our ability to support and back the other 84.

WDE, Gus and all the others that have decided to do what it takes to be an Auburn Tiger. 

Yep, we gotta unite around who is there now and let this JR thing go.  Done is done, keep moving forward. 

1 minute ago, TeBoneAU said:

Ouch! This has to hurt the progress of the offense because 1.No proven QB to 2. No proven go to experience WR's 3. New OL coach with a shuffled offensive line.

I have to wonder if JR will earn his way back before the season starts and miss the first 2 games before returning.

He's been dismissed. He gone. 

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gus apparently did it right this time rather than waffle over the issue for a couple months while the team took sides.   Everyone able to start fresh for the season.  JR was a good running back but he was also a mope when he was not playing.   

I love KJ but he is not an every down back but we've had years with good offensive production when two or three backs shared the load.   Time for some guys to step up...they have a month to win their playing time.

When?

1 minute ago, TeBoneAU said:

giphy.gif

I don't want to be anymore depressing because this is already a depressing situation, but what is so bad a record that Gus gets canned this year? With it being a clearly still declining slope we're on, where is the floor, and also where is the realistic expectation now? I think including Jovon, we could realistically have hit up a 9-10 win season if JF3 was true to who he was.

1 hour ago, Altima said:

Gus screwed the pooch with Roc...

bit him in the ass.

Could not be more wrong. You could make the futile attempt. But you would fail v

2 minutes ago, WTNTIGER said:

Anyone think Rudy Ford moves back to RB?

Not just no, but ...

5 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Could not be more wrong. You could make the futile attempt. But you would fail v

Naw I'm right...

Gus had the opportunity to get him to stay, and he didn't.

This hurts regardless of how anyone wants to spin it.  With KJ's shoulder injury/surgery, there is no way he can carry the ball 20+ times a game.  If we go running back by committee, Gus and Rhett can't telegraph what is coming every play with the personnel they have on the field.  If anyone in the RB stable gets hurt between now and 3 September, it is going to be a long depressing season.

2 minutes ago, Altima said:

Naw I'm right...

Gus had the opportunity to get him to stay, and he didn't.

I guess we do need someone to tote the rock against ULM and bama a&m.

2 minutes ago, audeuce02 said:

This hurts regardless of how anyone wants to spin it.  With KJ's shoulder injury/surgery, there is no way he can carry the ball 20+ times a game.  If we go running back by committee, Gus and Rhett can't telegraph what is coming every play with the personnel they have on the field.  If anyone in the RB stable gets hurt between now and 3 September, it is going to be a long depressing season.

How do you get up in the mornings living like that? 

As for KJ- you don't get OK'd for football unless doctors are sure you can take the hits. It's biomechanics, not rocket science

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Let's just use those new receivers and air it out Mike Leach style! 

Crap! We need a QB for that.

He was on the sideline today. Unfortunately, he will be absent for a year or so.

Dang... I must admit having Jovon running the ball just made me feel better about the offensive question marks. 

I hope Gus throws caution to the wind... and opens up the offense, wide open good play calling... let it rip, play as fast as possible and spread the ball around.

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't want to be anymore depressing because this is already a depressing situation, but what is so bad a record that Gus gets canned this year? With it being a clearly still declining slope we're on, where is the floor, and also where is the realistic expectation now? I think including Jovon, we could realistically have hit up a 9-10 win season if JF3 was true to who he was.

Maybe this buys him time. As people can claim that Gus is building up discipline and sacrificing wins...Just a thought to put in your lip and dip it.

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I guess we do need someone to tote the rock against ULM and bama a&m.

Y'all keep talkin that noise, but you'd be singin a different tune if Roc was still here...  This Jovon situation wouldn't sting half as bad.

This is two bizarre camps in a row for Gus. 

2015: Show up on Day 1 unprepared to recognize when your QB isn't ready to play.

2016: Dismiss the team's most proven offensive producer on Day 1, starting a distraction you were hoping to avoid.

Archived