Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

7 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

How do you get up in the mornings living like that? 

As for KJ- you don't get OK'd for football unless doctors are sure you can take the hits. It's biomechanics, not rocket science

Do you honestly think an injury, that required surgery to repair, will not be more prone to future injury.  If not, Marcus Lattimore's knees say hi.  I'm tired of the spin and sunshine pumping.  I am not doom and gloom, but it's time to be realistic .

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Maybe Art Briles can show Gus how to execute the Baylor passing attack.

Next year. I think that the most capable QB to run an attack like that is Woody Barrett this year. Maybe Sean White, but I don't know if he has a strong enough arm. 

4 minutes ago, rtftiger said:

This is two bizarre camps in a row for Gus. 

2015: Show up on Day 1 unprepared to recognize when your QB isn't ready to play.

2016: Dismiss the team's most proven offensive producer on Day 1, starting a distraction you were hoping to avoid.

So he should have kept him...regardless timing was never gonna be good..

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Maybe this buys him time. As people can claim that Gus is building up discipline and sacrificing wins...Just a thought to put in your lip and dip it.

Going into year 1 - yes.  Going into year 4 - no. 

5 minutes ago, Altima said:

Y'all keep talkin that noise, but you'd be singin a different tune if Roc was still here...  This Jovon situation wouldn't sting half as bad.

I hate this but it sounds like he brought this on himself.  As many have said we don't need another situation like last season with Duke. As much as this will hurt CGM had no other choice. 

As for Rock Thomas, what has he really done at the RB position to think he could be good. KJ had already had passes him by on the depth chart. Of Rock really wanted to leave then he was no good for Auburn anyway. 

Here's to an interesting upcoming football season, we will definitely see how good of a football coach CGM is and I believe he is really, really good. War Eagle! 

Serious question. What has Rock done to prove he can be an effective, productive RB?. He was already so far down the depth chart that he was  experimenting at slot receiver. He was unreliable and unproductive  to be blunt.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

So he should have kept him...regardless timing was never gonna be good..

No. He should have taken care of this either before Media Days and taken the heat there or done it by press release last week with a press conference yesterday. Now, his players are having to answer questions about it. And it's brand new to them. That's a distraction.

11 minutes ago, audeuce02 said:

Do you honestly think an injury, that required surgery to repair, will not be more prone to future injury.  If not, Marcus Lattimore's knees say hi.  I'm tired of the spin and sunshine pumping.  I am not doom and gloom, but it's time to be realistic .

I don't think- I know his shoulder will be stronger. Lattimore was overused. I'm not spinning it, I know from professional experience.

6 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

It could be worse, but still.  Dang.

Please put Carl in a gigantic bubble during fall camp and in all of the 12-13 games.

5 minutes ago, rtftiger said:

No. He should have taken care of this either before Media Days and taken the heat there or done it by press release last week with a press conference yesterday. Now, his players are having to answer questions about it. And it's brand new to them. That's a distraction.

A distraction for a couple days....then they can go about their business.  When the questions are coming each week after a game, then the team is in trouble....as we saw last year.

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Maybe Art Briles can show Gus how to execute the Baylor passing attack.

I think this board would collapse if Auburn hired Briles

My personal choice is Herman, but if Houston gets promoted to the B12, what reasoning would he have for coming here? We'd have to pay out the donkey to outbid Houston for him. Briles would be a good second option. Its not like we can be considered any worse off by other SEC rivals. 

It's going to be an ugly year. One player doesn't make a team but losing 3 at a position of strength is painful. Peyton, Jovon, and Roc makes this bigger than just one player leaving. Not a fan of this one and done mentality as far as strikes go. I have a hard time believing that Jovon was some type of helpless case. I'll get bashed for this post but I was already not confident in this team and this really hurts. 

8 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I hate this but it sounds like he brought this on himself.  As many have said we don't need another situation like last season with Duke. As much as this will hurt CGM had no other choice. 

As for Rock Thomas, what has he really done at the RB position to think he could be good. KJ had already had passes him by on the depth chart. Of Rock really wanted to leave then he was no good for Auburn anyway. 

Here's to an interesting upcoming football season, we will definitely see how good of a football coach CGM is and I believe he is really, really good. War Eagle! 

Serious question. What has Rock done to prove he can be an effective, productive RB?. He was already so far down the depth chart that he was  experimenting at slot receiver. He was unreliable and unproductive  to be blunt.

Being unreliable and not being given any chances by the head coach is different. Roc would get like 2 or 3 carries in the game and do pretty much what his "role" was in this offense. Seeing as how this offense couldn't get anything going at all due to stagnancy and predictability, when he came in at RB, you'd pretty much know he was going to the outside regardless of being a pass or run play. KJ was used alot more creatively as the wildcat option. I think if we come into this offseason without Jovon, I doubt KJ would've started, but that doesn't really matter now

Jovon was a talented back, and I am sorry to see this happen, but RB is one of the easiest positions to fill.   Talented youngsters can step up fast with good blocking, and we have that.  We just need for the remaining backs to stay healthy. 

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

Jovon was a talented back, and I am sorry to see this happen, but RB is one of the easiest positions to fill.   Talented youngsters can step up fast with good blocking, and we have that.  We just need for the remaining backs to stay healthy. 

1) Welcome to the forum

2) You're not wrong. There are worse positions to lose.

3)However, it creates a question mark at one of the few spots we weren't questioning before all the issues and moves.

Is Malik Miller expected to play RB?  Obviously Kam Martin is coming.  It sucks but I agree that this is one of the easiest positions to fill.  Jovon had his moments but better he is gone if he was a disruption.  He was star crossed from the time we recruited him.  Maybe sometimes better just to walk away from guys like that at the start.  He must be a head case if he was dumb enough to blow the chance to be the clear starter in an AU running offense.  Have a decent year and sure to be drafted.  Now what will he do?  I am beginning to think there is not a direct correlation between athletic ability and good sense.

Thanks for the beginnings of another dramatic season- don't even worry about those buzzards circling. 

Sincerely,

The entire Clemson team and fanbase. 

:-\

11 minutes ago, War Knight said:

1) Welcome to the forum

2) You're not wrong. There are worse positions to lose.

3)However, it creates a question mark at one of the few spots we weren't questioning before all the issues and moves.

I'm not saying it's good news. It's not. But I'd much rather have a dominant offense line and average backs than vice-versa.   Even if it is running back by committee, we'll be fine.  We have good backs, and maybe one or more will break through.  There are very few really dominant backs, (and I'm not sure Jovon was in that class anyway), but there are a lot of talented ones, and we still have those on the roster.  It won't be as big a blow as people think with our offensive line.

This sounds ridiculous in my head as I type it... But are there any grad transfer RBs looking for a fresh start that we could take a look at? Wow. I cannot believe I said that.

If any of you doom and gloom guys really think that Gus gets off on having to making this call, you obviously weren't looking at his face and checking his demeanor during the press briefing. I would much rather see him make the call he deems necessary than to wonder what was causing the team to play as they did last year with the Duke situation. I am also glad that Coach has the stones to make these calls when necessary. Auburn will be just fine. WDE and IGTBAAT

1 hour ago, audeuce02 said:

There are plenty of guys who have gotten knee injuries requiring surgery who didn't become "more prone to injury."  Everyone is different physically and so is every injury.  It's not sunshine pumping to try and get you to understand facts, Eeyore.

How do we keep getting ourselves in this situation. You would think that by now, we would have depth at all positions. New center, uncertain QB and now questions at RB. To win you have to be solid up the middle. Different tune but same song. WDE anyway!!!

5 minutes ago, auskull said:

How do we keep getting ourselves in this situation. You would think that by now, we would have depth at all positions. New center, uncertain QB and now questions at RB. To win you have to be solid up the middle. Different tune but same song. WDE anyway!!!

New center?  We had the old center and he played fine.  But Dampeer came on strong this offseason which allowed us to move Golson to tackle.

The RB situation is just bad luck.  Barber didn't think he'd get PT this year with Jovon, Roc, Kerryon here and had family problems where he needed to be making money now.  So he leaves.  Roc has been sulking since he got here because he didn't win the starting job and leaves over it.  Jovon has been in and out of the doghouse the whole time.  It's why he wasn't the starter from day one.  His boneheadedness finally caught up to him.

s*** happens.  

IF there was an altercation and IF another player was injured enough to require a hospital visit, then Gus may have had no choice but to dismiss him, regardless of who started what. Legally, I would think the University would have some liability for a student getting purposely injured by another student. So IF this happened, I bet it was already out of Gus's hands.

Archived