2017 4* PF Garrison Brooks (Miss St Signee)

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

You are way under selling Auburn my friend. UNC may win this battle but they are the clear Underdog and Auburn is the clear favorite based on all info right now. I would say Auburn has a 60/40 Advantage at least, probably more like 65/35. I really like the fact his mom wants to keep in-state Talent home to help the college basketball in this state. She really knows her state of Alabama basketball.

All the recent predictions on 247 by the people in the know suggests otherwise.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

All the recent predictions on 247 by the people in the know suggests otherwise.

Not AU reporters. Still gotta wait for Ryan Black to pick UNC to consider those picks valid. He is the AUC basketball recruiting reporter. UNC 247 basketball reporters have not made picks either for that matter. Those are the real picks to wait for and watch.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes North Carolina easily could blow Brooks away on his official visit. However, North Carolina also got a commit from a big man last week who seems to be similar to Brooks. As for not taking a second available player that is for the entire class and not ESP or LSP. At the level we are recruiting the staff does not want to take players just to take players. For them to take a second player if we miss on Jones they will have to be blown away by a transfer otherwise they plan to hold that spot for a 2018 recruit.

Yeah I know I just meant that if we miss on Jones it's not that big deal because we can add another target for the LSP if we wanted to, or just use it on a transfer. But like you said, if we miss on Jones I hope we just save it for the 2018 class. We can definitely find a more talented player in 2018 for that spot.

The thing that worries me about Brooks is that UNC is signing a pretty big class and apparently want 3 bigs. They have one on board with Huffman. Obiagu visiting also kind of worries me. Haven't seen his name mentioned with AU in months and now just weeks after UNC offers GB, Obiagu is on campus for a visit. Could be Pearl just being cautious. 

1 hour ago, AdamsAU said:

The thing that worries me about Brooks is that UNC is signing a pretty big class and apparently want 3 bigs. They have one on board with Huffman. Obiagu visiting also kind of worries me. Haven't seen his name mentioned with AU in months and now just weeks after UNC offers GB, Obiagu is on campus for a visit. Could be Pearl just being cautious. 

The staff has wanted to get him in for a visit for a long time now. I don't think Brooks being offered by Carolina has a factor on the visit.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

The staff has wanted to get him in for a visit for a long time now. I don't think Brooks being offered by Carolina has a factor on the visit.

Hope so. It will be nice if we pick up either one. Consider me skeptical though. Seems like we got back on the Okinawa train too late.

Garrison is taking an OV to Moo state this weekend instead. Probably only weather related. Worth keeping an eye on though I reckon.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Garrison is taking an OV to Moo state this weekend instead. Probably only weather related. Worth keeping an eye on though I reckon.

At last report he was not a take for Mississippi State. Carolina is the big threat. Apparently I over read Rivals article. Despite their growing article interviewing his mom they give Auburn a 55 to 45 Edge over Carolina. I'm pretty sure he will find a way to visit Carolina before early signing window starts on November 9th because he wants to commit and sign that week.

Just now, ellitor said:

At last report he was not a take for Mississippi State. Carolina is the big threat. Apparently I over read Rivals article. Despite their growing article interviewing his mom they give Auburn a 55 to 45 Edge over Carolina. I'm pretty sure he will find a way to visit Carolina before early signing window starts on November 9th because he wants to commit and sign that week.

Moo State's roster must be stacked then. How can he not be a take? 

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Moo State's roster must be stacked then. How can he not be a take? 

He is a low 4 star by the recruiting sites. There are 29 Prospects at his position rated higher. I'm not saying that he's that way on Mississippi State Board but they very easily could have others higher. Brooks can turn out to be great but as a recruit his projection is not on the same level as a high 4 star like Spencer was for example.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Link or source?

Just a lot of crystal balls to MSU for Brooks yesterday. One from Jerry Meyer, another from a MSU insider...

11 minutes ago, AdamsAU said:

Just a lot of crystal balls to MSU for Brooks yesterday. One from Jerry Meyer, another from a MSU inside...

That's very interesting considering the last few tweets about him this weekend said he did not visit any school. It will be interesting to see if that was true or not.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's very interesting considering the last few tweets about him this weekend said he did not visit any school. It will be interesting to see if that was true or not.

After I saw all the crystal balls I went on Twitter and saw this tweet from a page that covers AL/GA HS bball "external influences clouding the vision. Brooks will step back and reevaluate his options with his parents."

I think that sounds good for MSU IYAM

4 hours ago, AdamsAU said:

After I saw all the crystal balls I went on Twitter and saw this tweet from a page that covers AL/GA HS bball "external influences clouding the vision. Brooks will step back and reevaluate his options with his parents."

I think that sounds good for MSU IYAM

You may be right but that could mean a multitude of things. I am going to wait and see what an AU basketball recruiting reporter like Jeffrey Lee can dig up on the situation before I make a judgement.

i'd be surprised if he chose Miss State. he wants to stay close to home. He loves taking visits and seeing schools so also take that for what it's worth. he's wide open but i agree with E. Looks to be UNC and Auburn as of right now. also, i'd add that another forum started a rumor that mom and dad do not get along and mom doesnt want him to go to STate. That is false.

4 hours ago, bigman334 said:

i'd be surprised if he chose Miss State. he wants to stay close to home. He loves taking visits and seeing schools so also take that for what it's worth. he's wide open but i agree with E. Looks to be UNC and Auburn as of right now. also, i'd add that another forum started a rumor that mom and dad do not get along and mom doesnt want him to go to STate. That is false.

It actually looks like Carolina wants to go in another Direction. Apparently they feel good about one of their five star bigs targets and another big they apparently like better than Brooks. That does not include them already having the Huffman commitment. Apparently North Carolina cancelled Brooks OV there and not Brooks doing it due to weather as was thought. It looks to be an AU Mississippi State battle and I like our chances there.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so Brooks recruitment seems to be all over the place. There's been talk of Auburn out and back in as well as Georgia in and back out. Apparently Mississippi State has become a real player. Interestingly enough Brooks and 4* 7 foot Center Ikey Obiagu now both seem to be on a first-come first-serve basis. Auburn would not take both. Obiagu is taking his second visit to Auburn the past three or four weeks this week.

I would be tickled if we got either Brooks or Obiagu as both would help us in the size area.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Okay so Brooks recruitment seems to be all over the place. There's been talk of Auburn out and back in as well as Georgia in and back out. Apparently Mississippi State has become a real player. Interestingly enough Brooks and 4* 7 foot Center Ikey Obiagu now both seem to be on a first-come first-serve basis. Auburn would not take both. Obiagu is taking his second visit to Auburn the past three or four weeks this week.

I also saw on another site that we got a CB for Ikey from Hokanson. I really hope we get Obiagu. He seems to be a really good defensive presence in the paint. Hopefully he will be blocking shots left and right. E you knowing a little bit bout blocking things, what do you think?

I just watched some Obiagu highlights, and he's heavier than I remember.  For some reason I pictured him as super skinny (maybe from watching old highlights).  So I'm good with Obiagu.  Make it happen, Bruce.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I also saw on another site that we got a CB for Ikey from Hokanson. I really hope we get Obiagu. He seems to be a really good defensive presence in the paint. Hopefully he will be blocking shots left and right. E you knowing a little bit bout blocking things, what do you think?

Hoke is still very well connected even though he sells tools now instead of working in sports . Will be very interesting to follow.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Do you have a link to Hoke's crystal ball pick? He sells tools now and does not work in sports anymore. I would be surprised if the 24/7 Network let him make crystal ball pics now.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Ikechukwu-Obiagu-at-Greenforest-Mccalep-Christian-Academy-145480/CurrentExpertPredictions

Archived