Kirk Herbstreit weighs in on Auburn

RunInRed

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact CGM has elected not to go live with the QB's during Tuesday's scrimmage, is a strong indicator Sean White will be named the starter. The logical reason to go live is if there was very little separation among the QB's, throwing the football. I do believe JFIII will have some packages in the offense and is not completely out of the race. Lashlee hinted it might take six weeks for JFIII to make a difference. If White is named the starter, he will have to work to keep it.

Boy already tired of the "experts". The only thing that matters is Gus be right.

It's gonna be a long season, Auburn's theme for this season should be "No Excuses"

I think JFIII will be the man, but it will be as tight as a tick on a coyotes behind between JJ, and SW.  I hope Woody can redshirt. If he proves to be the best at some point this season, then he should be given the nod. If he can redshirt , this would be the best case scenario no doubt.

1 hour ago, StatTiger said:

The fact CGM has elected not to go live with the QB's during Tuesday's scrimmage, is a strong indicator Sean White will be named the starter. The logical reason to go live is if there was very little separation among the QB's, throwing the football. I do believe JFIII will have some packages in the offense and is not completely out of the race. Lashlee hinted it might take six weeks for JFIII to make a difference. If White is named the starter, he will have to work to keep it.

That would make the SW crowd happy/ At this point, I am expecting a 7 win season. Not going in with any expectations TBH.  Of course,the lights can come on for JJ, which would by us some time for next year when Stidham arrives.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

That would make the SW crowd happy/ At this point, I am expecting a 7 win season. Not going in with any expectations TBH.  Of course,the lights can come on for JJ, which would by us some time for next year when Stidham arrives.

A seven win season with White is better than a three win season with JF3.

6 hours ago, thaitopher said:

A seven win season with White is better than a three win season with JF3.

Yeah, you are a complete idiot, if you think we would win only three games with JJ,JF3 or SW. That is about as nicely as I could put it.

One thing I have learned from all my years on this forum is that when STAT speaks he knows what he is talking about.  I look forward to Sean as the starter with JF3 coming in with running packages.  

8 hours ago, DAG said:

So which is it? Do you have no expectations or do you expect seven wins? It's not often that we see a poster contradict himself to such a degree in consecutive sentences.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So which is it? Do you have no expectations or do you expect seven wins? It's not often that we see a poster contradict himself to such a degree in consecutive sentences.

Everybody knew what he meant. Good grief. 

Well right now I would say JJ is the guy unless SW and JF3 make some vast improvement in ball control skills. I'll take whoever give AU ther best chance to win.TIFWIW. WDE

44 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Well right now I would say JJ is the guy unless SW and JF3 make some vast improvement in ball control skills. I'll take whoever give AU ther best chance to win.TIFWIW. WDE

I'm told SW is the clear #1 with JJ making some noise. JF3 is #3.

Pettway is going to be a stud.

Derrick Brown is abusing the young OL's. 

All I've got. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Everybody knew what he meant. Good grief. 

Haha, I think he is a little butthurt over his statement about AU NEVER using live QBs in practice. It's all good. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Oh Mikey,Mikey,Mikey. I know you are not okay with continuously being proven wronged on your baseless statements and me chuckling about it.  However, you are right and I should clarify my sentence.

I imagine we can win 7 games, but quite frankly I am going into this season with blinders. There we go pal.

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Really excited about Pettway. 

This, I think Pettway is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

This, I think Pettway is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

I agree.  He reminds me of Rudi

I know that I am a proud, card-carrying Sunshine Pumper, but I have the lowest expectations going into a season than I have had in a while.

QB situation isn't pretty. I do think SW will be the starter and probably JF3 will get some "wildcatish type work".  I am not impressed with any options we have at QB.  I agree with the crowd that says we need a game changer at QB in order for this O to sizzle. A "game manager type" just won't cut it in this O.  And this year, we just don't have a game changer.  This is the biggest, but not the only problem I see.

Our top 3 RBs from last year are gone (the field has potential, but it's just untapped potential right now)

None of our returning WRs have given us anything to be hopeful for. We are counting on a few TF WR to be major players. This, with the lack of a game changer at QB is a big problem.

Our D has been dreadful for years. I really do think this year's D will be much better. But again, it is mostly untapped potential with a new DC and 2 other new coaches (1 of whom is a 1st year coach)

In addition to all of this, we play what will probably be the #2 team in the country week 1. Then LSU in week 3. If we are 1-2 at that point and A&M is fighting for their lives, we could easily be 1-3 at that point. And THEN we get into the heart of our SEC schedule playing road games with a deflated team. This has a lot of potential to get ugly!

My expectation is that we will be fortunate to finish 6-6 and go to a bowl game. 

I sincerely hope I am wrong. But I just don't see this season going very well for us. 

And this is the part where my Sunshine Pumper Membership gets revoked. 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree.  He reminds me of Rudi

I felt kinda weird after all the Jovon stuff happened, I didn't feel as bummed out as I usually would following a star player getting kicked off. Almost just felt like it might be a "blessing in disguise". The first person I thought about, other than Cam Akers (lol), was Pettway 

Archived