2016 Fall Camp - Practice 6 (Scrimmage)

RunInRed

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Trigga didn't have a good scrim I'm told. Missed tackle and blown assignment for the TD passes. 

I'm starting to get a little concerned about Tray. I know he's a big hitter but it seems like he has issues with positioning. I know injuries have been a factor for him but I'm wondering if he's as good as was advertised??...just wondering.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

If you watched the interviews, a couple of the guys said all the QBs had scoring drives. I assumed that to mean TDs, but I guess they could be including FGs???

JF3 & SW had TD passes. Sean's was to the end zone to Marcus Davis. JF3's was a short pass to Jason Smith who then broke it for a big play. JJ's TD was a short run after what was apparently a long pretty pass to Ryan Davis to set it up.

Not sure what the rush is unless the coaches are feeling some pressure to do this.  Otherwise, let Clemson guess. 

Maybe there is need for a little more secrecy about what goes on in practice....people drawing conclusions about plays they did not actually see....the pick 6 mentioned above for example.   Could have been the WR or maybe just a bad pass or   ????

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not sure what the rush is unless the coaches are feeling some pressure to do this.  Otherwise, let Clemson guess. 

Maybe there is need for a little more secrecy about what goes on in practice....people drawing conclusions about plays they did not actually see....the pick 6 mentioned above for example.   Could have been the WR or maybe just a bad pass or   ????

Not saying there's a rush but the earlier the coaches are ready the earlier QB1 can put his stamp on the O & lead his unit.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not saying there's a rush but the earlier the coaches are ready the earlier QB1 can put his stamp on the O & lead his unit.

I understand but certainly that seems to stamp a definition on what the offense will be doesn't it which is useful for an opponent ?     But it also seems  sometimes it's too early...maybe like last season for AU or even Bama last year.  For them, they were good enough to win with Bateman for a couple games but not when crunch time comes...sorta like us except our #2 was dinged pretty early and did not seem to matter much who was at QB as far as the style of play or W-L record. 

If there is not going to be serious scrimmage before the season starts I guess it will not matter when Gus picks his QB .....appears that QBs playing in game-like situations...playing live...will tell us more about each of them.....otherwise, history is not necessarily on the side of getting the right guy the first time.

I wonder if Carlson had to nail the field goal to end practice with the group crowded around.  In high school,  we used to have to hit a free throw in basketball after running sprints to either end practice or run more. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Gus can name the starting QB without telling us.As long as the players know that's all that really matters.

3 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

Eli Stove had a good day, couple great catches. Pettway lost a fumble.

Do you know if the other freshmen had a lot of drops or just not many chances?  Or do you happen to know how the linebacker corps did?

4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm starting to get a little concerned about Tray. I know he's a big hitter but it seems like he has issues with positioning. I know injuries have been a factor for him but I'm wondering if he's as good as was advertised??...just wondering.

He had great positioning in the '13 Georgia game.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Do you know if the other freshmen had a lot of drops or just not many chances?  Or do you happen to know how the linebacker corps did?

Sorry bud, sure don't. Not much info out there. 

38 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

He had great positioning in the '13 Georgia game.

^This^  That's awesome.  

34 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Sorry bud, sure don't. Not much info out there. 

Ah.  Yeah I was hoping you knew something I didn't.  No worries!  Thanks for the other info though!

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The passing TD's came from a blown assignment and a missed tackle. Also there were no long runs, nothing over 20 yards, during a run oriented scrim. You decide. 

The offense was very vanilla and the defense can zone in on the rb getting the ball almost every time with the qbs in the orange jersey. Even if the qbs run the only gotta be touched. I was told from someone who watched the scrimmage SW looks like the starter atm, but JF3 shows that he could make this offense explosive again if he continues to progress at the qb position. Also Eli Stove gonna be a stud along with Derrick Brown which was expected.

3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

The offense was very vanilla and the defense can zone in on the rb getting the ball almost every time with the qbs in the orange jersey. Even if the qbs run the only gotta be touched. I was told from someone who watched the scrimmage SW looks like the starter atm, but JF3 shows that he could make this offense explosive again if he continues to progress at the qb position. Also Eli Stove gonna be a stud along with Derrick Brown which was expected.

Thanks for the insight but jeez.... Our offense is even vanilla in practice??? Gonna be a long year.

What happened to our offense?

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Thanks for the insight but jeez.... Our offense is even vanilla in practice??? Gonna be a long year.

I hear you.  Our O was vanilla in 2015, vanilla in the spring and now it is vanilla for the 1st scrimmage. Gus is just holding back on purpose I guess.:-\

wde

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

It was probably supposed to be. The scrimmage was about letting freshmen play & get some reps as anything else.

Archived