Mark My Word 2016

DaddyBoyAU

For the new folks, this is something I like to do every year.  Not as popular as The Nip, but fun for me at least.  Most of the rules below are copy/pasted from earlier years, but read over them to refresh yourself, there are penalties associated.  

So college football is getting close and we're all getting excited. There's lots of prognostications by the sportscasters and fellow board members, but you've got a feeling about a team, a coach, or a player. Tell us about it.

Make your boldest college football related prediction. It cannot be a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Arkansas State!") or one that many people believe anyway, but a prediction that almost no one else but you expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, something that may defy logical thinking. It's got to be College Football related and could concern game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc.  You can also make AUFamily related predictions (regarding a member, The Nip, Touchdown Auburn Bowl, etc.).   After the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

I'm not going to bring up the bold predictions I made last year, or even the year before; they didn't turn out so well :dead:. But you can look back in the archives for the other Mark My Word threads if you want to get an idea of how this works:

Mark My Word 2015

Mark My Word 2014

Mark My Word 2013

Mark My Word 2012

Mark My Word 2011

Mark My Word 2010

Mark My Word 2009

Mark My Word 2008

Mark My Word 2007

Mark My Word 2006

Mark My Word 2005

In any case, here are the rules:

No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for the bold predictions. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.

* One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Because they deserve it. Judgement call by the referee.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you are sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) 1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards.

You don't necessarily have to explain why you believe the way you do, but if you want to elaborate, go ahead.

No edits once the season begins - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

I'll get this started:

Mark My Word: Alabama loses to USC

Mark My Word: Auburn defeats Florida in the SEC Championship game with Sean White as the quarterback

Mark My Word: I will become the first repeat Touchdown Auburn Bowl winner.  You heard me.  Chalk it up now.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn will have a top 15 defense in the country

auburn wins 10 games but doesn't go to Atlanta 

we have a 1000 yd rusher and another back with over 1000 all purpose yds 

Mark My Word: South Carolina wins the East

Mark My Word: Arkansas finishes second in the West behind Auburn

Mark My Word: Michigan beats Ohio State

Now you know how it works, let's see those bold predictions.

Your 2015 "Mark my Words". OUCH.

Mark My Word: I'm very very worried.  

Mark My Word: Auburn wins SEC in both football and basketball and half this board still wants to fire Jay Jacobs

Mark My Word: bama loses 4 games in regular season and Saban retires

Mark My Word: Tennessee will beat Alabama

Mark My Word: Ohio State wont have more then 9 wins.

Mark My Word: Houston won't win the American conference.

Mark My Word: Army will finally beat Navy.

Mark my words:

- We will have a 1000+ yard rusher.

-We will have a 1000+ yard receiver.

- We will have a top 20 (overall) D.

- We will beat a team that is ranked in the FINAL top 10.

- We will still not get into the SEC championship game. (Mr. Joyful here - well, next year is our year).

Here's mine from 2010... 

Mark my word: Some redneck Alabama fan will make out with his sister when they score their first touchdown of the year against San Jose State, and proclaim "we still got it hunny, gone git us anutha chapeeunship this year to!"...

Oh wait, this is supposed to be a BOLD prediction that noone expects. :o Sorry......

Mark my word..... Cam Newton will be in the Heisman talk by game 6 of this year and Auburn will beat Bama in November to win the west! :au:

I haven't fared so well since!  So here's my prediction for 2016....

MARK MY WORDS

Auburn will beat Clemson 35-24

Auburn will not lose more than 1 regular season game

Auburn will beat bama by more than 10 points this year

JF3 plays 50% of the snaps against Clemson and Arky St. and 100% from there on out

Auburns offense is officially back and firing on all cylinders by LSU

Auburn literally smokes everyone along the way except for LSU and UT in the SECCG, but squeks out wins even against those two thanks to our new and improved top 10 in the country defense

Auburn plays USCw in the playoffs and wins 52-41

Auburn plays Michigan in the National Championship game and in an unexpected defense slugfest, beats Michigan to win it all 13-9

Bama will lose at least 3 regular season games, and will not represent the SEC West or be in the playoff's

Mark my words...Gus will be our HC after all is said and done. 

Mark my words. Auburn will go 7-5 or 8-4 (maybe) during season as long as Jacobs is pulling strings and Malzahn continues to be head coach.

Mark my words....Johnson steps up and rushes for 1K yards this year, but the unimaginative passing attack fails to produce again.

Mark my words....Sean White doesn't start against Clemson, but is the starter by the time LSU comes to town.

Mark my words....Alabama is in Atlanta in December playing for the SEC championship again against Tennessee and wins again.

Mark my words... Auburn will only win 6 regular season games in 2016, and Gus will return for 2017.

Mark My Word

A QB will bounce a pass off a defender, catch it, and run for a TD.

1 TD pass

1 TD catch

Team-leading YPC,

all in one play

Mark My Words: Sean White will score the first touchdown of the season... with a long running play.

Mark My Words: Franklin will make a couple of mistakes and half of the fans championing him for starting QB will turn on him instantly.

Mark My Words: Auburn will set a record for the largest number of players on one team to take a snap in a single season.

Mark My Words: Kam Pettway will be given a nickname by the media before the end of the year because of his propensity for running over defenders to get to the end zone.

Mark My Words: Every QB we face will need therapy to help them stop having nightmares about Carl Lawson.  An Alabama fan will start an internet rumor about him, 2 weeks prior to the Iron Bowl, in a desperate attempt to sideline him.

37 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Mark My Word

A QB will bounce a pass off a defender, catch it, and run for a TD.

1 TD pass

1 TD catch

Team-leading YPC,

all in one play

slow-clap-gif-6.gif

Mark my word... Auburn gets positive yards on a bubble screen more than 20% of attempts.

Mark my word... South Carolina is last in the East

Mark my word... Verne talks bad about Alabama (just once though)

Mark my word... Notre Dame vs LSU in the championship.

Mark my word... The Big 12 adds BYU and Boise St 

Mark my word:

Auburn will start a running QB

Mark My Word:

LSU will win the SEC

Auburn will finish September 2-2 and will finish the regular season 8-4. 

The AU defense will finish the season ranked in the top 20 in total defense, scoring defense, sacks, and interceptions. 

Auburn will hire Kendall Briles as OC, get transfer J. Stidham, and start 2017 season with very high expectations. 

Mark My Word: Alabama will still only have 14 NCs at the end of the season. 6, of which, are shared. There, I feel better. WDE!

Mark My Word: No SEC team will make the 2016 playoffs.

Mark My Word: Iowa will win the Big 10 and be in the playoffs.

Archived