Naming a Starting QB at Auburn

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got the opposite feeling. I feel like if he knew who the starter was, he'd name him. In order to motivate the other two/let the starter adjust to the mindset before game prep starts.

especially if it does happen to be JJ

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think this is the case right now. 

Me either. If the coaches/team knew, one guy would be getting more snaps with the 1's than the rest. Right now, we aren't hearing anything about that from any of the insiders. 

I think he knows who the guy is. I assume he is just making sure he has enough info and reps for qb's to avoid the situation last year. Where the #2 comes in and is not prepared. I hope this is all by design. Although I prefer the starting qb to be all the reps right now to build cohesion.

12 minutes ago, WDE1986 said:

Me either. If the coaches/team knew, one guy would be getting more snaps with the 1's than the rest. Right now, we aren't hearing anything about that from any of the insiders. 

Look at the last scrimmage.

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not saying he didn't. He did, however, work exclusively with the #1s, which was my point.

Ive read that both worked with the 1s. Whether they played against the ones or twos is another different story.

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Look at the last scrimmage.

Yeah definitely. You're right on there. I just don't know if all those snaps with the 2's and 3's carries as much weight. You think it does? Or did Woody take most of the snaps with the 1's. I was under the impression they were all with the 2's and 3's.

19 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

White went all Trigga Tray on us. 

spock eyebrow - Fascinating

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think this is the case right now. 

I'm with u. The coaches want it to be JF3 he hasn't been able to do enough to take it though. Even if SW starts JF3 will play alot. I'm still hearing probably SW as of now. Imo we need to start JF3 and run the ball down Clemson throat. I think we can win alot of games if JF3 is able to make a couple deep throws a game, and be around 50% throwing the football.  We still have the potential to be the top rushing offense in the SEC. I was a little discouraged when JR was kicked off of the team because imo that took away our inside running game. KP has been very good though in practice and I think he can definitely be a good rb for us this year. 

Looks to me like White is the default, with JFIII being given more reps to see if he can upset that order. 

there was a report that not one pass was completed longer than 5 yards.  when the check down isn't there he don't have anyone open.  can't win with Check downs. 

The defense was in their faces for most of the scrimmage. If you don't have time to set up longer routes the check down gets it. The pass rush was intense.

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

The defense was in their faces for most of the scrimmage. If you don't have time to set up longer routes the check down gets it. The pass rush was intense.

And this is what has concerned me for months after losing both OTs.

I'm with Bird on this one. Lot of folks in denial. Sean took all the snaps with the 1s until he stopped taking snaps. He's not repping with the 2s anymore. That's all I really need to know.

24 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm with Bird on this one. Lot of folks in denial. Sean took all the snaps with the 1s until he stopped taking snaps. He's not repping with the 2s anymore. That's all I really need to know.

I agree...the coaches may see a more opportunistic offense with JFIII particularly with his speed, running ability. But if he can't protect the football by not fumbling or throwing picks then it's too risky throw start him. Plus he apparently still has some accuracy issues.  I am leaning towards the starter being White or JJ with a definite role for JFIII...how much? That will depend how effective the starter will be. 

Archived