Television Shows

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just started Bates Motel and finished season 1 already. INCREDIBLE SHOW. Def has me hooked already. Not a lot of people to root for in this show but it is so addicting and a great binge watch so far. Almost done with season 2. Two episodes left.

Loved the first two seasons and then I just fell off for whatever reason. Vera Farmiga is fantastic in that show. All the acting is great, really. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Loved the first two seasons and then I just fell off for whatever reason. Vera Farmiga is fantastic in that show. All the acting is great, really. 

haha dang loof!!! I just started season 3 last night. I was all fired up until now. Fell off like fell off a cliff bad or went from great to just really good?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

haha dang loof!!! I just started season 3 last night. I was all fired up until now. Fell off like fell off a cliff bad or went from great to just really good?

I don't feel like the show changed. It was still good! I just don't always keep watching shows, even if they're still awesome. I don't have a ton of time for TV (3 yr old at home, wife also works full time) and sometimes I just find a shiny new toy and want to play with it. 

Shows that I've actually watched start to finish, every single episode:

Firefly
The Wire
Boardwalk Empire
Fargo
Game of Thrones (so far)
Better Call Saul (so far)

That seriously is the whole list, I think. There are probably at least dozen shows that I love just as much as those (and more than Boardwalk Empire) but just can't find the time to finish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't feel like the show changed. It was still good! I just don't always keep watching shows, even if they're still awesome. I don't have a ton of time for TV (3 yr old at home, wife also works full time) and sometimes I just find a shiny new toy and want to play with it. 

Shows that I've actually watched start to finish, every single episode:

Firefly
The Wire
Boardwalk Empire
Fargo
Game of Thrones (so far)
Better Call Saul (so far)

That seriously is the whole list, I think. There are probably at least dozen shows that I love just as much as those (and more than Boardwalk Empire) but just can't find the time to finish. 

lol yah boardwalk empire is the show out of those that stuck out like a sore thumb! I have seen every episode of it as well and the quality really went down big time in the later seasons. It was a struggle to finish. Have not seen fargo at all. Is the show already over? they stopped pumping out new seasons?

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol yah boardwalk empire is the show out of those that stuck out like a sore thumb! I have seen every episode of it as well and the quality really went down big time in the later seasons. It was a struggle to finish. Have not seen fargo at all. Is the show already over? they stopped pumping out new seasons?

Totally agreed about Boardwalk. I feel like it all went to crap when they killed the best character (IMO). I think that was a contract dispute or he did a movie or something, but basically they just suddenly wrote him out of the show and it never recovered. Again, IMO.

Fargo has only had 3 seasons, and I'm not sure if they'll do another one. But I HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGHLY recommend it. The 3rd season was my least favorite, but it was still quite good. Each season is a unique story but there are easter eggs linking them all, and linking them with the movie, too, so feel free to watch that again before starting the show.

Btw, speaking of subsequent seasons dropping off, I forgot that I watched all of True Detective. S1 was possibly the greatest single season of television in history. S2 was NOT, lol.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agreed about Boardwalk. I feel like it all went to crap when they killed the best character (IMO). I think that was a contract dispute or he did a movie or something, but basically they just suddenly wrote him out of the show and it never recovered. Again, IMO.

Fargo has only had 3 seasons, and I'm not sure if they'll do another one. But I HIGH HIGH HIGH HIGHLY recommend it. The 3rd season was my least favorite, but it was still quite good. Each season is a unique story but there are easter eggs linking them all, and linking them with the movie, too, so feel free to watch that again before starting the show.

Btw, speaking of subsequent seasons dropping off, I forgot that I watched all of True Detective. S1 was possibly the greatest single season of television in history. S2 was NOT, lol.

I appreciate all the pro tips fam!!! Very informative. WOOOOOO!!! I def am going to check out fargo. Isn't Billy Bob Thorton the star of 1 of the seasons? hahaha yes so accurate on true detective. season 2 was such a letdown. Probaly killed the show seeing as there is no plans to make a season 3.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I appreciate all the pro tips fam!!! Very informative. WOOOOOO!!! I def am going to check out fargo. Isn't Billy Bob Thorton the star of 1 of the seasons? hahaha yes so accurate on true detective. season 2 was such a letdown. Probaly killed the show seeing as there is no plans to make a season 3.

Yes sir, William Robert Thornton himself. And I will say no more so as not to oversell or spoil. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes sir, William Robert Thornton himself. And I will say no more so as not to oversell or spoil. 

Haha thanks fam!! You truly have been a big help. Def going to be watching that soon. I get most of my binge watching done in the summer before football season starts when no other sport I care about is on.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 10:55 PM, aujeff11 said:

The Netflix movie “How it Ends” is mind numblingly dissatisfying. It’s a post-apocalyptic movie with potential, but tbe last twenty minutes absolutely killed the movie.Instead of providing any sense of resolution, the movie decides to wrap up on more cliffhangers without answering the questions that persisted throughout the movie. So, bad, that’s “How it Ends.”

You were spot on with dissatisfying.  It’s like they realized the movie was running long and just needed to find a way to bring up the credits.  Good movie before that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

You were spot on with dissatisfying.  It’s like they realized the movie was running long and just needed to find a way to bring up the credits.  Good movie before that.

Yo wins, Is there a movie thread in here you can point me too? I LOVE t.v. shows but I love movies even more. Summer movie season helps bridge the gap for me to football season!

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yo wins, Is there a movie thread in here you can point me too? I LOVE t.v. shows but I love movies even more. Summer movie season helps bridge the gap for me to football season!

Not sure what type of movies you like, but going with the Netflix originals I liked the movie Bright with Will Smith. A little Sci fi action with a pretty good story.  The movie ANON looks like it will be good but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.  I love how these movies on Netflix are getting A-list actors in lead roles. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Not sure what type of movies you like, but going with the Netflix originals I liked the movie Bright with Will Smith. A little Sci fi action with a pretty good story.  

I only have 1 rule. Movies that entertain me. Just entertain me and I will not have a problem with a movie. I am easily entertained and not picky. Movie Pass has been a godsend. It is a amazing deal and pays for itself. I love big summer blockbusters this time of year............ LOVE WILL SMITH!!!! That 4 year hiatus he took killed all of his momentum. He was the biggest movie star in the world when he took that time off. Thanks again for the heads up! Def want to catch that now fam! WOOOO!!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!

Edited by GwillMac6

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I only have 1 rule. Movies that entertain me. Just entertain me and I will not have a problem with a movie. I am easily entertained and not picky. Movie Pass has been a godsend. It is a amazing deal and pays for itself. I love big summer blockbusters this time of year............ LOVE WILL SMITH!!!! That 4 year hiatus he took killed all of his momentum. He was the biggest movie star in the world when he took that time off.

I am with you.  I can watch a big variety of movie genres. I love the blockbuster and the good story movies. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I am with you.  I can watch a big variety of movie genres. I love the blockbuster and the good story movies. 

What has been your favorite movie this summer that you have seen? I thought sicario 2 was badass and Deadpool 2 is everything you want in a sequel. So freaking good. Those are my 2 favorites so far. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

What has been your favorite movie this summer that you have seen? I thought sicario 2 was badass and Deadpool 2 is everything you want in a sequel. So freaking good. Those are my 2 favorites so far. 

Unfortunately I don't get to the movies as often as I would like. Family is not as much into movies as I am.  So I haven't been able to catch anything this summer. I was really looking forward to Jurassic world 2 and held off thinking I would see it with my Dad on my recent vacation but didn't have time.  I am usually about 6 months behind and get them from the library when they are free! 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Unfortunately I don't get to the movies as often as I would like. Family is not as much into movies as I am.  So I haven't been able to catch anything this summer. I was really looking forward to Jurassic world 2 and held off thinking I would see it with my Dad on my recent vacation but didn't have time.  I am usually about 6 months behind and get them from the library when they are free! 

Just shoot me a PM or comment on here when you do!!!! Def look forward to hearing your reviews fam!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

For the Stephen King fans, Castle Rock on Hulu has been intriguing thus far. Lots of call backs and references to King’s work. 

Is it only on hulu?

I really enjoyed the show on history channel called American Ripper. The show digs into a 125 year old cold case of HH Holmes, the first known serial killer in US, and try to prove he is the Jack the Ripper from London. His great great grandson is leading the investigation.  Very fascinating.  Sling has it on demand.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 10:13 AM, McLoofus said:

Ranking the top 100 episodes of TV this century. Didn't look at the whole list but I can't argue with the top 10.

http://besttv.theringer.com/?_ga=2.80251927.140559992.1532960982-1910040808.1520343478

Pretty diverse list. The creators of it spent a good bit of time on it.  I watched #32, planet earth II, Jungles. If you like nature shows, the series is fantastic. The iconic moment it talks about is a true jaw dropper. Blew my mind. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 3:44 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I hate to say it, but I’m midway through season 3 of Dexter, and it kind of sucks. I’ll keep watching, but season 3 is pretty trash. 

We were all in and then fell off and didn't really look back.

Have we talked about 'Love' on Netflix? I'm enjoying it. 

'Ozark' is back. Nice.

Anyone recommend any Amazon series? We like the Mrs. Maisel show. So-so on Goliath but haven't really gotten very far at all. Not sure about Hand of God. Didn't like American Gods at all.