Television Shows

On 10/28/2018 at 10:40 PM, AUBwins said:

I have always been a ghost adventures fan.  They are doing a live 4 hour show on Halloween night.  I am going to try to catch it.  I find GA better than the others because of the small personal group and not much in the way of big camera crews. 

This has been an interesting watch tonight. Still a little over an hour left, but has gotten a bit tense recently with all the energy involved with the different mediums present. Great way to spend Halloween. Hope I sleep tonight 👻🤞🏼

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2018 at 11:13 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Not really feeling the HoC season without Frank. 

I fell off of that one awhile back. I'm finding that even the best shows can't hold my attention for more than 3 or 4 seasons, with a few very notable exceptions like Mad Men and Game of Thrones. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I fell off of that one awhile back. I'm finding that even the best shows can't hold my attention for more than 3 or 4 seasons, with a few very notable exceptions like Mad Men and Game of Thrones. 

Robin Wright, while a good actress, just can’t command this show in particular like Spacey did. 

13 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Robin Wright, while a good actress, just can’t command this show in particular like Spacey did. 

Yeah. Damned shame about him. Incredible actor. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 10:20 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Safe(mystery/drama) on Netflix seems pretty good after 4 episodes. It’s starting to get like it might run off the rails a bit, but we’ll see. 

Just finished it... it was pretty good... once you got over the why does Dexter have a british accent question, lol.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched the first 3 seasons of The Last Kingdom on Netflix.  Great show! This is an onscreen representation of the true Saxon Chronicles, showing the ongoing battles between the Pagans and Saxons as they fight for 9th century England.   1 season covers 2 of the books.  They need to hurry up and film season 4 so I can see if Uhtred, son of Uhtred can regain his family kingdom.  

On 12/3/2018 at 9:03 AM, McLoofus said:

Just started Norsemen. Hilarious spoof on Vikings and other things. Haven't gotten too far in but fantastic and different so far. 

Keep us updated on what you think I may like it but doubt my wife will

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Keep us updated on what you think I may like it but doubt my wife will

I think you would like it. It has the occasional dash of crude or dark humor but mostly is a pretty straightforward sitcom. Almost like The Office except every once in awhile somebody poops or gets cut in half. Wicked smart observational humor.

• Like 1

Just ventured to this forum...... So, did anyone else see/like Yellowstone on Paramount? 

Bloodline on Netflix? Slow developing, but addictive. Budgeting forced a sooner than planned ending though.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, alexava said:

I’m about 3episodes into Godless. It’s looking like it’s going to be very good.

It is very good.

• Like 1

I'm sure its already been talked about on this thread, but the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of the most refreshing shows I've watched in a long time. It's incredibly funny, smart, well written...the acting is top notch. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'm sure its already been talked about on this thread, but the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of the most refreshing shows I've watched in a long time. It's incredibly funny, smart, well written...the acting is top notch. 

Really enjoyed S1. Trying to get S2 started with the Mrs. but we might just have to watch it separately and compare notes. Hard to coordinate grown up TV time at the moment. 

Rachael Brosnahan (sp?) is a force. I think she won a Golden Globe last night. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really enjoyed S1. Trying to get S2 started with the Mrs. but we might just have to watch it separately and compare notes. Hard to coordinate grown up TV time at the moment. 

Rachael Brosnahan (sp?) is a force. I think she won a Golden Globe last night. 

Yeah I read that she did this morning. Season 2 starts a little slow, first two episodes kind of have a strange departure from the story line, but it picks back up after that. Season 2 has been better than season 1 for me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The Umbrella Academy, Netflix, is very good imo. Good story lines a little different/weird. I'm at episode 6 at the ATM

Wasn't so sure about this one since I thought it had a strong YA vibe to it, but it's almost like a very grown up show dropped onto a YA premise. They locked me in with the dance scene in the first episode and it's only gotten darker and weirder from there. Enjoying it. And I'm super duper in love with the black girl. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Wasn't so sure about this one since I thought it had a strong YA vibe to it, but it's almost like a very grown up show dropped onto a YA premise. They locked me in with the dance scene in the first episode and it's only gotten darker and weirder from there. Enjoying it. And I'm super duper in love with the black girl. 

Agree on everything especially the black girl