Television Shows

This is Us on NBC is a new show I enjoy. The Americans and The Blacklist are awesome.

Edited by AUFAN78

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We're going to start that soon. 

OH man!  Caught the first 2 episodes and it is really good.  Kind of a Wild Wild West meets iRobot meets sci fi drama thriller.  Plus that Anthony Hopkins is in it too!  

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Well the TWD season premier was brutal. 

It sure was. 

Very dark. I had been telling people Negan was going to make the Governor look like a kitten when they introduced him to the comics a few years ago. 

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It sure was. 

Very dark. I had been telling people Negan was going to make the Governor look like a kitten when they introduced him to the comics a few years ago. 

You ain't lying. I wish I could talk about the scenes but I'll refrain. Maybe there needs to be a TWD thread with an explicit warning of spoilers. Negan is a badass. Hope he evades death for awhile.

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You ain't lying. I wish I could talk about the scenes but I'll refrain. Maybe there needs to be a TWD thread with an explicit warning of spoilers. Negan is a badass. Hope he evades death for awhile.

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/153479-twd-season-7-spoilers/

The original Exorcist movie was great it made the co-ed's at AU so nervous they demanded to have a date to go see it  and of course needed some comforting afterwards

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

The original Exorcist movie was great it made the co-ed's at AU so nervous they demanded to have a date to go see it  and of course needed some comforting afterwards

It's still pretty damn creepy. 

On 10/24/2016 at 9:24 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Been watching the Exorcist on Fox tonight via Hulu. Not a bad show for network TV. 

Yes, I'm quoting myself. 

I can't believe this show isn't getting much hype. I'm fully caught up and it's been creepy the whole way through. Acting, sfx, and budget are superb. 

However, up to this point(5 episodes), I feel it's getting ready to jump the shark. Maybe not as bad as Orphan Black, but it's priming itself. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Late to this thread, but my favorite shows, regardless of network, streaming service, when it aired, if it's already been discussed (redundant items might give you an idea of whether you trust my opinions or not), not in any particular order, etc:

The Wire
Atlanta <--- Best show this fall. There is not a close second. 
Friday Night Lights
Game of Thrones
Master of None
Louie
Firefly
TWD
Narcos
Mad Men
Better Call Saul
Breaking Bad
The Americans
Mr. Robot
Scrotal Recall <--- For real. Find it on Netflix. You'll both like it. Only one season so far but they are rebooting it as "Lovesick", season 2 forthcoming. 
You're the Worst
Black Mirror
Catastrophe

I'm sure I'm leaving some out, but these are the ones that jump out in my mind. 

On 10/24/2016 at 7:38 PM, alexava said:

I have one more episode of Longmire then I will start Animal Kindom. 

Oh my, I forgot all about Longmire!  Was this year season 2?

15 hours ago, alexava said:

Season five. 

Whoa!  NOt sure the last season I watched.  Didn't know it had been renewed.  Sweet!  I'll have to find it On Demand!

On 11/2/2016 at 0:45 PM, McLoofus said:

Late to this thread, but my favorite shows, regardless of network, streaming service, when it aired, if it's already been discussed (redundant items might give you an idea of whether you trust my opinions or not), not in any particular order, etc:

The Wire
Atlanta <--- Best show this fall. There is not a close second. 
Friday Night Lights
Game of Thrones
Master of None
Louie
Firefly
TWD
Narcos
Mad Men
Better Call Saul
Breaking Bad
The Americans
Mr. Robot
Scrotal Recall <--- For real. Find it on Netflix. You'll both like it. Only one season so far but they are rebooting it as "Lovesick", season 2 forthcoming. 
You're the Worst
Black Mirror
Catastrophe

I'm sure I'm leaving some out, but these are the ones that jump out in my mind. 

Damn you watch a lot of TV

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn you watch a lot of TV

Hah. I wish I had time to watch that much TV at once. I think only 4 of those shows have current seasons. 

Glad you reminded me, though- I left out Preacher. Weird as all hell but entertaining. 

Anyone catch this yet ? 

This dropped on Halloween. So far, there are 4 episodes out - on demand - , and a new one ( maybe 2 ? ) airs tonight. I'm finding it enjoyable. 

So far,TBS has another show coming out, Search Party.  

I finally started in on WestWorld. Looks interesting excellent. ( I had forgotten that Michael Crichton wrote the original, so many years ago. The guy was ridiculously  smart and forward thinking for his time. )