Television Shows

Just got done with Stanger Things Season 3 today. It is my favorite current scripted show out right now and I could not put it off any longer. Only reason why I wait a little while is only 8 episodes and I can rip through it in only 2 days. I do not want it to get done with the show so quickly which always happens with only 8 episodes per season. I JUST HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE waiting another year for another season. 8 EPISODES A SEASON IS SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!! lol. Having said that INCREDIBLE SEASON!! WOOOOOO!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! LETS GO BAY BAY!!! I have this season being the best season yet barely beating out season 1. I would go 3,1 and 2 ranking them. I think though there is 1 thing we all want answered. WHY OH WHY IS MRS WHEELER NOT INVOLVED IN THE SHOW MORE?!?! WE WANT MORE MRS WHEELER!!!!! haha

tt.jpg

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah the 8 episodes ticks me off.......maybe a money thing who knows

It is def strange since their other 2 biggest netflix original shows always have a few more episodes per season. Orange is the New Black, House of Cards (before the Spacey damning allegations came out) and Stranger Things are the 3 biggest netflix original shows. Both Orange and House of Cards have had most of their seasons with upwards of 13 episodes. Stranger Things has had 2 seasons with eight episodes and one with nine. It def ticks me off as well. Especially with the year and sometimes year and a half wait for seasons. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is def strange since their other 2 biggest netflix original shows always have a few more episodes per season. Orange is the New Black, House of Cards (before the Spacey damning allegations came out) and Stranger Things are the 3 biggest netflix original shows. Both Orange and House of Cards have had most of their seasons with upwards of 13 episodes. Stranger Things has had 2 seasons with eight episodes and one with nine. It def ticks me off as well. Especially with the year and sometimes year and a half wait for seasons. 

Heck even Lost In Space had 10 episodes and its very expensive to produce

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Heck even Lost In Space had 10 episodes and its very expensive to produce

Right?! That is a great point. Man...........

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Speaking of Orange is the new black, I just can't seem to get into this new season.  I don't like some of the new characters and the new facility they are in.  Has it lost its allure to anyone else?

45 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

Speaking of Orange is the new black, I just can't seem to get into this new season.  I don't like some of the new characters and the new facility they are in.  Has it lost its allure to anyone else?

I think it’s gone on for too long. I didn’t really care for last season either. Only watched a couple episodes of the new season so far, but I don’t feel the need to binge it like I have before. 

• Like 1

Well season 7 is last season so y'all got to finish it eventually! haha.  But yah like other people have said it went on too long. That is why the Duffer Brothers want to end Stranger Things sooner rather than later. They do not want people to be apathetic about their show.

We checked out on that one early in the 3rd season, I think. I don't think we've stuck all the way through any of Genji Kohan's (sp?) shows. But they're all awesome for the first season or two. 

• Sad 1

Orange is the New Black first ran in to problems when it became clear their main character and the character who wrote the book that the whole show is based on was EASILY the worst, most boring and least compelling character. So for me those early seasons where she was still the "star" of the show were the hardest to get through. Thankfully the show itself realized this fairly early on and course corrected and made Piper fade in to the background and made it even more of a ensemble than it already was. Piper and Voss were a automatic groan from me whenever their storyline came on the screen. It just got worse as the show wore on. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 4:22 PM, Grimnir said:

Has anyone watched The Boys on Amazon ?

I did and really liked it.  Not family friendly but I binged it in a couple days.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:22 PM, Grimnir said:

Has anyone watched The Boys on Amazon ?

28 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I did and really liked it.  Not family friendly but I binged it in a couple days.

Have finally watched the first few episodes. Really enjoying it. Love the overall concept. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Have finally watched the first few episodes. Really enjoying it. Love the overall concept. 

and... Elisabeth Shue.  Got some serious Soccer Mom hotness going on still.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Just now, The Freak said:

My exact words the first time she showed up on the screen: "Oh hell yeah."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

A movie about babysitting has never been so fun!!! hahahaha. She was a absolute total smokeshow in this and Cocktail. Karate Kid and Back to the Future as well. But especially Adventures in Babysitting and Cocktail. 

wewe.jpg

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A movie about babysitting has never been so fun!!! hahahaha. She was a absolute total smokeshow in this and Cocktail. Karate Kid and Back to the Future as well. But especially Adventures in Babysitting and Cocktail. 

Don't forget 'Leaving Las Vegas'. She made Nick Cage's plan seem like a much better idea than it was. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Don't forget 'Leaving Las Vegas'. She made Nick Cage's plan seem like a much better idea than it was. 

YES!!! Those early Shue years were the freaking best man!!! I love all those movies.

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think it’s gone on for too long. I didn’t really care for last season either. Only watched a couple episodes of the new season so far, but I don’t feel the need to binge it like I have before. 

Well have no fear The Witcher will soon be here😂.........caught the most recent trailer.......looks pretty good.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I have finally gotten around to watching it myself. I’ve really liked the first few episodes. The pacing has been good and I’ve really liked the performances. I also enjoy the concept.  I know this is a TV thread, but the movie Brightburn went down a similar route, but was more of a horror movie. Also had a soccer mom hotly in Elizabeth Banks.

• Like 1

For those of you that have watched the Boys, have you read the comics? I read a few of them a while ago, and they were pretty brutal if I’m remembering correctly. Curious if the show kept the same theme. 

The Boys started well but wound up leftist trash taking shots. Tiresome.

40 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Wat

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

For those of you that have watched the Boys, have you read the comics? I read a few of them a while ago, and they were pretty brutal if I’m remembering correctly. Curious if the show kept the same theme. 

Yeah. There are some seriously dark scenes. Like... oof.