Television Shows

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Anybody watching Succession on HBO? Twitter blowing up about the S2 finale. Guess I need to get crackin'. 

Man I watched the first few episodes and it didn't do it for me. 

On the other hand, wife and I have been watching Barry on HBO and I think it's fantastic. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Anybody watching Succession on HBO? Twitter blowing up about the S2 finale. Guess I need to get crackin'. 

I’m a couple episodes behind, but I love the show. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay(I think) are behind it, and it’s shockingly good. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

On the other hand, wife and I have been watching Barry on HBO and I think it's fantastic. 

Barry is great. Hader does an excellent job. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I've got to get back into Barry. One of those shows where I realized the strength of it but was looking for something dumber and maybe slightly more uplifting with the rare opportunities I had to watch anything at the point in my life that I had gotten into it. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m a couple episodes behind, but I love the show. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay(I think) are behind it, and it’s shockingly good. 

Ohhhhhh had no idea. Definitely makes it even more intriguing. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ohhhhhh had no idea. Definitely makes it even more intriguing. 

It’s not a show for everyone because it’s corporate drama. Kind of along similar lines as Mad Men(which I couldn’t get into). 

Maculay Culkin’s little brother is a main character and he does a great job. The entire series is well-acted. 

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s not a show for everyone because it’s corporate drama. Kind of along similar lines as Mad Men(which I couldn’t get into). 

Maculay Culkin’s little brother is a main character and he does a great job. The entire series is well-acted. 

One tweet I saw called it "Arrested Development but serious" or something like that. 

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

And instead of a banana stand it’s a mega multimedia conglomerate. 

Mrs. Loof and I have a spare change and cash jar. We'll keep a few 20s in there for babysitters and dump all our change in there. We call it the Banana Stand. 

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, McLoofus said:

Watched the finale last night and it was juicy. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It may be a slow burn that quickly catches fire. Sort of like House of Cards s1. 

Enjoyed it. Maybe a little built in patience because of the recent hype.

The baseball game scene had some very solid WTF moments. 

Agreed about the Culkin fella. Great role and I quickly found myself glad when he was in a scene. 

Gonna try to make it our new watch. Two seasons in is a good place to start. Can binge but we're not too far behind to catch up.

Speaking of, somebody made an interesting point on Twitter that every show HBO does seems so essential because they still follow the weekly episode model,  whereas so little on Netflix seems essential because of the constant content dumps. Interesting thought to me.

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed about the Culkin fella. Great role and I quickly found myself glad when he was in a scene. 

Gonna try to make it our new watch. Two seasons in is a good place to start. Can binge but we're not too far behind to catch up.

Speaking of, somebody made an interesting point on Twitter that every show HBO does seems so essential because they still follow the weekly episode model,  whereas so little on Netflix seems essential because of the constant content dumps. Interesting thought to me.

I need to check it out.......I've traveled back to the 80's and been watching Cheers........2nd show I became invested in growing up.....first being MASH......I watched El Camino but I guess that's more a movie than a television show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Roman(Culkin) probably secured himself as my favorite character by the end of season 2. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Roman(Culkin) probably secured himself as my favorite character by the end of season 2. 

Heard that elsewhere and it's easy to understand. Definitely the fun scene-stealer. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Is it the same Culkin that was in one of the Scary Movies?

49 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Is it the same Culkin that was in one of the Scary Movies?

I don’t believe so. It’s Kieran Culkin, who’s been in quite a bit of stuff. He was also ‘Fuller’ as in “Fuller, go easy on the Pepsi!” on Home Alone 1 and 2. 

• Like 1

I know I am late to the dance and I apologize in advance if this show has already been discussed. My wife said she didn't like it so I figured it had to be good.......Better call Saul......6 episodes in and I actually like it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I know I am late to the dance and I apologize in advance if this show has already been discussed. My wife said she didn't like it so I figured it had to be good.......Better call Saul......6 episodes in and I actually like it.

Amazing television. 

• Love 1