Null

Sign in to follow this  
ShocksMyBrain

Television Shows

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Everybody hates on the second season but I loved it.ย 

Yes it grew on me........Ties The Greek into the big picture........Clay Davis and the corruption at the top and stringing Stringer Bell some of my favorite.....big show with a huge and talented cast......cant think of any actor that could replace a character and do half as good of a job.

• Thanks 1

Of course "Dream On" kicked it all for me and getting hooked on HBO shows.........well maybe The Hitchhiker ๐Ÿ˜

13 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Yes it grew on me........Ties The Greek into the big picture........Clay Davis and the corruption at the top and stringing Stringer Bell some of my favorite.....big show with a huge and talented cast......cant think of any actor that could replace a character and do half as good of a job.

100%. Even down to Chris, Snoop, Brother Mouzone, Prop Joe... Bubbles, Omar, Rawls, Lester... forget about it. Amazing.

9 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Of course "Dream On" kicked it all for me and getting hooked on HBO shows.........well maybe The Hitchhiker ๐Ÿ˜

Loved those shows! Smart format back in the day... 1st and 10 followed it, too... make a good show, but show some nudity for about 5 seconds every episode just in case... lol

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

100%. Even down to Chris, Snoop, Brother Mouzone, Prop Joe... Bubbles, Omar, Rawls, Lester... forget about it. Amazing.

Loved those shows! Smart format back in the day... 1st and 10 followed it, too... make a good show, but show some nudity for about 5 seconds every episode just in case... lol

No doubt and Snoop was the real deal.....don't even think she had ever had acting lessons...........Brother Mouzone was a true bad arse and they all knew it.....In my opinion it will be a long time if ever we such a complete series.

7 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

No doubt and Snoop was the real deal.....don't even think she had ever had acting lessons...........Brother Mouzone was a true bad arse and they all knew it.....In my opinion it will be a long time if ever we such a complete series.

Agree. Probably the most complete series, start to finish, that I've watched. Only Mad Men comes close for me. True Detective Season 1 is my favorite season of a series, but totally agree with what you're saying.ย 

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree. Probably the most complete series, start to finish, that I've watched. Only Mad Men comes close for me. True Detective Season 1 is my favorite season of a series, but totally agree with what you're saying.ย 

I need to watch Mad Men........I know I know I am probably the only person that hasn't watched it yet๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

11 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I need to watch Mad Men........I know I know I am probably the only person that hasn't watched it yet๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

Really remarkable show. And I wasn't even really able to fully appreciate the subtle ways in which historical context played a role. An entire season might have a particular mood to it if it was set in, say, 1967. Many storylines were woven in because of what actually went on at that time, and they wouldn't specifically reference it but they would suggest how some historical events, movements, etc might have played out in people's real lives. And it's just entertaining and, at times, crazy as all hell.ย 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Really remarkable show. And I wasn't even really able to fully appreciate the subtle ways in which historical context played a role. An entire season might have a particular mood to it if it was set in, say, 1967. Many storylines were woven in because of what actually went on at that time, and they wouldn't specifically reference it but they would suggest how some historical events, movements, etc might have played out in people's real lives. And it's just entertaining and, at times, crazy as all hell.ย 

At the midway point of season 1 of Madmen........Really captured the time of 1960........the way women were looked at and what men expected of them........heck I remember working in the office late 80's early 90's there was an ashtray on every desk in every office and they were being used.......I never smoked but my suits reeked of smoke.......no wonder they paid for our dry cleaning...........watching a show like that makes you realize just how far we have come in this world...........oh and the wardrobe for the show is quite impressive.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 12:01 PM, kevon67 said:

Nope your not alone

On 11/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, kevon67 said:

At the midway point of season 1 of Madmen........Really captured the time of 1960........the way women were looked at and what men expected of them........heck I remember working in the office late 80's early 90's there was an ashtray on every desk in every office and they were being used.......I never smoked but my suits reeked of smoke.......no wonder they paid for our dry cleaning...........watching a show like that makes you realize just how far we have come in this world...........oh and the wardrobe for the show is quite impressive.

Joan's curves in the wardrobe are impressive.

• Love 1

On 11/7/2019 at 11:01 AM, kevon67 said:

Boring AF.ย 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Boring AF.ย 

Lol the irony of Don Draper being a Dick๐Ÿ˜‚

Kind of digging the Mandalorian early on.ย 

Forcing the last few episodes of Madmen.......after 2nd season started to remind me of Melrose Place.