Television Shows

15 hours ago, alexava said:

I just finished Ozark. That was easily the best season so far!  Can’t wait for season four. 

“Today is our beginning.” 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alexava said:

I just finished Ozark. That was easily the best season so far!  Can’t wait for season four. 

I wanted them to hang it up and escape to safety after season 2. After seeing season 3, I’m glad they didn’t. Great season. 

Spoilers ahead:

Still curious how these people are taking the cartel(s) so lightly? Have they never watched the news or been to Liveleak? Why did they make Ben seem like such an idiot after getting out of the nut hut? He was basically a toddler. Also the FBI would’ve nailed Marty so fast. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Think it means they are tied at the hip with Omar for the next season.

KC Mob vs. Darlene crew vs. Marty/cartel. Gonna be wild. We’ll see in 2 years. 😑

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

KC Mob vs. Darlene crew vs. Marty/cartel. Gonna be wild. We’ll see in 2 years. 😑

I’ll probably forget it all again. This time I won’t mind rewatching it. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 9:33 AM, McLoofus said:

Oh, and so far the person I hate the most is the Myrtle Beach guy. 

There is no possible way you can hate him more than Carole Baskin. I could pardon Joe just on how much I detest her. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, alexava said:

There is no possible way you can hate him more than Carole Baskin. I could pardon Joe just on how much I detest her. 

Joe is a real piece of s***. I’m still of the idea that Carole may just be looney. 

Ok I watched Tiger.  Yep they’re all freaking nuts. Definitely thought Carole was a hypocrite and likely a murderer. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:34 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just finished Ozark and wtf. It’s going to be so long before season 4 because I’m assuming Hollywood is basically on pause for filming anything until Coronavirus is under better control. 

Man was it good❤

Anyone else watch Locke and Key? Got increasingly more Binge worthy as it progressed. I enjoyed it. 

On 4/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I do love this campaign video and quote it often. 

I’m a hardcore believer in locking criminals up and throwing the keys away. But this guy .....just needs to be in society. Too entertaining to be locked up. Hell, I want carol baskin to disappear too.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:50 PM, alexava said:

I’m a hardcore believer in locking criminals up and throwing the keys away. But this guy .....just needs to be in society. Too entertaining to be locked up. Hell, I want carol baskin to disappear too.

Just make him a permanent inmate on 60 Days In.  You get the best of both worlds!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Self Made" on Netflix...and

"The Chosen"...

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9471404/

• Thanks 1

Last Kingdom didn’t disappoint for me. I forgot how good that show is, despite waiting for it. Well, time to wait impatiently for season 5 in another 3 years. 

I have not read the books but I believe there is more story to tell. I read somewhere one season tells the story of 2 books. I almost recall there being like 13 books or something. Anyways it was good. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Last Kingdom didn’t disappoint for me. I forgot how good that show is, despite waiting for it. Well, time to wait impatiently for season 5 in another 3 years. 

I have not read the books but I believe there is more story to tell. I read somewhere one season tells the story of 2 books. I almost recall there being like 13 books or something. Anyways it was good. 

Wait a minute...

There are books about this!?!!?!?!?!

(I'm prolly the only person who has read, but not seen GOT)

32 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Wait a minute...

There are books about this!?!!?!?!?!

(I'm prolly the only person who has read, but not seen GOT)

The show follows the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell. Never read the books. The shows follows the battle timeline but obviously changes a few of the character perceptions for TV production. 

D25A8935-2775-4703-9528-835A6C03B82A.png

• Like 2

I dumped cable and picked up Hulu and CBS All Access.

Pretty sure the woman across the way thinks I am insane cause I use my max trainer alot when I binge. Ya, I guess that defeats part of the purpose of binging.

Anyway I did the 2 seasons of Star Trek Discovery and enjoyed them. It goes back to pre-Kirk when Pike was Captain. I am going to watch Picard now. See if I can get them all out of the way while free lol.

Odd thing I discovered while going back in Star Trek is that McCoy is credited with being an Ole Miss grad. Dammit Jim we produce SEC quality COEDS not football teams!

On 3/24/2020 at 8:05 PM, The Freak said:

Handmaiden's tale was good.

I have been doing the super cleaning thing since I have had nothing better to do. I actually found an old thumb drive that has the paper I wrote on Handmaiden's tale while at Auburn. Like back when Great Books was still called Great Books.

I'm thinking of watching the series now that I have Hulu and then reading my paper. Think it would be interesting to see if after all this time if I still agree with myself.

• Like 3

Been re-watching Community on Netflix. Barely watched it, if at all, for the first couple seasons, so most of that is new to me. It's actually like watching prequels. Seeing the relationships developing, seeing how these weird ass people got so weird, seeing the seeds of weirdness that would become some seriously tripped out TV in later seasons...

Anyway, it's a nice little 20-25 min bedtime snack. And definitely a little happy escapism to end these crazy days with. 

• Like 1