Television Shows

17 hours ago, alexava said:

On third season of Outlander. Pretty good. Wife got me watching. A chick series. 

I see that its British I'll give it a try........anything British I usually like

• Like 2

On 7/29/2020 at 10:12 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Really been digging Halt and Catch Fire. About to finish the third season. 

Looks interesting is it based on any real event

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but Hunters on prime is pretty good. Has Pacino as a Jewish Nazi Hunter. 

23 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but Hunters on prime is pretty good. Has Pacino as a Jewish Nazi Hunter. 

I tried two episodes just couldn't get into maybe I should give it another try

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Looks interesting is it based on any real event

Shocks might be able to articulate it better than me but it has a lot of parallels and even direct references to the actual rise of the personal computer. That kind of serves as the backdrop for a lot of really interesting drama stuff- great characters, dialogue, acting, etc

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Shocks might be able to articulate it better than me but it has a lot of parallels and even direct references to the actual rise of the personal computer. That kind of serves as the backdrop for a lot of really interesting drama stuff- great characters, dialogue, acting, etc

Figured it might have something along the lines of when Commodore, Compaq and IBM were getting into PC's

• Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Figured it might have something along the lines of when Commodore, Compaq and IBM were getting into PC's

Exactly right. Based in Texas, and one could be forgiven for assuming that it's "about" Tandy and the TRS-80. 

It's kind of like Mad Men, though, where the ad business is a big part of the story but it's really about the characters and the dynamics between them. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly right. Based in Texas, and one could be forgiven for assuming that it's "about" Tandy and the TRS-80. 

It's kind of like Mad Men, though, where the ad business is a big part of the story but it's really about the characters and the dynamics between them. 

Damn I haven't heard Tandy mention in 30 years

Amazon.com: Tandy 1000 Home Computer Radio Shack Ad 10" x 7 ...

• Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Damn I haven't heard Tandy mention in 30 years

Amazon.com: Tandy 1000 Home Computer Radio Shack Ad 10" x 7 ...

I hadn't either til I started watching that show. 

The ol' Trash 80.

57 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I tried two episodes just couldn't get into maybe I should give it another try

Indeed. It’s vulgar and has some strange subplots but it’s not bad. The Netflix series Dark is one to give a shot as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Indeed. It’s vulgar and has some strange subplots but it’s not bad. The Netflix series Dark is one to give a shot as well. 

Thanks I'll give it a try watching Black Mirror on Netflix at the moment not bad and not great but its has some strange twists. Kinda like a new version of "The Twilight Zone"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I see that its British I'll give it a try........anything British I usually like

Most of it is in Scotland, Inverness. The Jacobite uprising. Interesting history that I never bothered to study, till now. 

I haven’t noticed any golf courses though. 

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:55 PM, augolf1716 said:

Thanks I'll give it a try watching Black Mirror on Netflix at the moment not bad and not great but its has some strange twists. Kinda like a new version of "The Twilight Zone"

The first season of Black Mirror was amazing. Later seasons might be, too, but I just haven't gone back to it for some reason.

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The first season of Black Mirror was amazing. Later seasons might be, too, but I just haven't gone back to it for some reason.

Agree very well thought out ideas in most episodes the one were the young kid was caught by his own labtop doing some bad things then black mailed by strangers to rob a bank and fight to the death..........wow

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Agree very well thought out ideas in most episodes the one were the young kid was caught by his own labtop doing some bad things then black mailed by strangers to rob a bank and fight to the death..........wow

Oh man. That one was nuts. How does someone even think that up? 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Lovecraft Country(HBO) premiered this past Sunday. It’s going to be a good one, I feel. Acting has been superb. 

I was going to wait for Succession to come back to re-up HBO but I might have to do it sooner for this one.

• 2 weeks later...

So Lovecraft Country is weird and awesome already. 

We started watching The Vow—doc series about the weird empowerment cult NXIM—yesterday(premiered the previous Sunday). And it’s got a yikes from me. 

On 7/30/2020 at 7:56 PM, alexava said:

On third season of Outlander. Pretty good. Wife got me watching. A chick series. 

Yes it is.........my wife failed miserably at getting me to watch.😂

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Yes it is.........my wife failed miserably at getting me to watch.😂

I’m nearing the end of the fourth season now and I’m hooked. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alexava said:

I’m nearing the end of the fourth season now and I’m hooked. 

Nearing last two episodes of Sopranos.........I shall revisit👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Finally started Cobra Kai last night. Very entertaining and a sort of weird antidote to current times, at least so far.

I started it the other night too.  Enjoying it so far, happy to see old clips of Ms Shue, but I'm pretty sure we've already talked about her entirely too much in "The Boys".