Television Shows

8 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I started it the other night too.  Enjoying it so far, happy to see old clips of Ms Shue, but I'm pretty sure we've already talked about her entirely too much in "The Boys".

When it comes to the inestimable talents of Ms. Shue, too much is never enough. (S2 of The Boys dropping Friday!)

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Saw the first 3 episodes of The Boys. It does not disappoint.  Love the whale scene...and the Butcher may be a complete arse, but I do love his character. 

Oh I was disappointed!  3 Episodes?  Why can't I binge the whole season in a day?! What is this? 1985?

Not going through all pages , SIAP,  but here are a few I think may get overlooked 

Can't vouch for where to find them, and some may have to be bought outright, as they're pretty good 1-2 season long gems. 

Freaks and Geeks

Wonderfalls. 

John Doe

Pushing Daisies 

Farscape 

43 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Not going through all pages , SIAP,  but here are a few I think may get overlooked 

Can't vouch for where to find them, and some may have to be bought outright, as they're pretty good 1-2 season long gems. 

Freaks and Geeks

Wonderfalls. 

John Doe

Pushing Daisies 

Farscape 

Freaks and Geeks used to be on Netflix, but it’s gone. I own the DVDs and watch it start to finish at least once a year. Great show with well-balanced amounts of humor and light drama. 

On 9/12/2020 at 11:43 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Freaks and Geeks used to be on Netflix, but it’s gone. I own the DVDs and watch it start to finish at least once a year. Great show with well-balanced amounts of humor and light drama. 

That show was so freaking good. I had friends who were into it when it originally aired, but I just completely misunderstood what kind of show it was. Very happy to see Linda Cardellini's career back in full swing now. She's damned good at her job. So many of those people have gone on to massive careers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This premiered tonight on HBO. It’s a total mind **** already. 

Is it HBO proper or HBO Max? I'm still a but confused on the difference.

Welp. Finished the two seasons of Cobra Kai. That went fast. Great little show reminiscent of the original Karate Kid movies. Predictable acting and dialogue(my wife and I had fun guessing each line before they said it—we probably hit at 75% accuracy). Basically a well-produced Lifetime after school special.  But I loved every minute of it. Great show to take your mind off things going on in the real world. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

I imagine I mentioned it back when the season was running and others might have, too, but on the heels of Zendaya's Emmy win I'll rec Euphoria again. Really original, really well made, really damned good. Subject matter not for everyone but it's as well done as almost anything else I watched last year. Didn't remind me of anything at all.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:17 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Welp. Finished the two seasons of Cobra Kai. That went fast. Great little show reminiscent of the original Karate Kid movies. Predictable acting and dialogue(my wife and I had fun guessing each line before they said it—we probably hit at 75% accuracy). Basically a well-produced Lifetime after school special.  But I loved every minute of it. Great show to take your mind off things going on in the real world. 

Yep. Loved the dream sequence by Johnny. Campy, but hilarious.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I tried to watch this years ago and couldn’t find how to get to the beginning. But I’m in the 3rd season of Animal Kingdom. Pretty good. Amazon prime 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I tried to watch this years ago and couldn’t find how to get to the beginning. But I’m in the 3rd season of Animal Kingdom. Pretty good. Amazon prime 

Haven't watch will give it a shot. I am a big fan of Shawn Hatosy who plays Pope in AK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Haven't watch will give it a shot. I am a big fan of Shawn Hatosy who plays Pope in AK

I remember him in Alpha Dog. Good actor for a deranged lunatic. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have we talked about Queen's Gambit? Awesome watch. Anya Taylor-Joy can act with just her face more than anyone I can recall in recent memory. You can't keep your eyes off her. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Have we talked about Queen's Gambit? Awesome watch. Anya Taylor-Joy can act with just her face more than anyone I can recall in recent memory. You can't keep your eyes off her. 

She's mesmerizing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

She's mesmerizing. 

I didn't like Emma, but it was the same watching that movie.  Couldn't look away.

I'm going to go back and watch some of her prior work.