Television Shows

Just now, McLoofus said:

2013. Directed by Bong Joon-ho, who did Parasite and several other films. Definitely a sci-fi/action-ish flick, but very unique, original and thought-provoking. 

I imagine it is a bit less made for TV which would be welcome. The show is quite frankly more mature than I would think be allowed on a network station. A bit dramatic but still a good watch. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:05 PM, AUBwins said:

Anyone watched Snowpiercer? I binged the first season this week before TNT took it off the app. Concept is very interesting. I am into it now, but it’s brutal watching on the TNT app with all the commercials you have to watch. I think it lasts longer than live  TV.  Jennifer Connelly stars, whom I never get tired of watching, but love Sean Bean’s roles. He is so good at being the villain. 

still have a few days to watch if you want. First 5 episodes in 3 days, with the rest of season 1 expiring 2 days later. No it’s not on Hulu unless you have live. 

I watched an episode the other day(Ad-free on HBO Max FTW). I’ll keep watching. I loved the movie and had wished there was more backstory or different storylines. From what I gather, the show is neither a prequel nor a sequel—more of a reboot. 

24 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I watched an episode the other day(Ad-free on HBO Max FTW). I’ll keep watching. I loved the movie and had wished there was more backstory or different storylines. From what I gather, the show is neither a prequel nor a sequel—more of a reboot. 

Looks like a reboot when i looked up the movie. 

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We watched the Flight Attendant(HBO Max) last weekend, which was pretty solid. Kaley Cuoco is a lot better actress than I had given her credit for. 

We really enjoyed that show and, yes, she is absolutely a star. Very strong performance. 

(It's possible that she was quite good in that big show she was on, but I never watched it.) 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We really enjoyed that show and, yes, she is absolutely a star. Very strong performance. 

(It's possible that she was quite good in that big show she was on, but I never watched it.) 

She wasn’t. That show is just awful. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@kevon67 have you watched Castlevania on Netflix? Looks like something right up your alley. Think Anime + Witcher. I was a bit shocked how quickly it earns the TVMA rating lol, but the story is a bit addicting. I love it.  Reminds me of one of my favorite all time games:

530DB373-3E4B-467E-B2BA-38356C532BF8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 7:13 PM, AUBwins said:

@kevon67 have you watched Castlevania on Netflix? Looks like something right up your alley. Think Anime + Witcher. I was a bit shocked how quickly it earns the TVMA rating lol, but the story is a bit addicting. I love it.  Reminds me of one of my favorite all time games:

530DB373-3E4B-467E-B2BA-38356C532BF8.jpeg

Really well made anime! The voice acting is well done as well. Richard Armitage (Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit) voices the main Belmont in it. 

37 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Really well made anime! The voice acting is well done as well. Richard Armitage (Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit) voices the main Belmont in it. 

Agreed.  It did a good job of bringing the video game series to life. A lot of depth to the different genre of vampire.  The kill everything type, but also the vixens that can be charming yet deadly. Looking forward to next season. 

Probably already discussed on here but I just started watching Counterpart and am loving it. I'm easily confused by complex plots, and I spend a lot of time not knowing exactly what's going on. (I also abused my eardrums as a kid and have trouble making out a lot of dialogue in anything I watch.)  But the show is so unique- just a really cool and different story- and well written (I think), and the acting is off the charts. JK Simmons deserves all the praise he's gotten and more. Highly highly recommend. Streaming via Prime.

Emily in Paris is, well, I dunno yet. Have only watched 2 episodes. It's spot on as far as my frame of reference from a few days as an American in Paris goes, but, like, that's not enough to base an entire series around. It did have some really interesting takes on heavier themes, so I'll stick with it at least a bit longer. Gotta be honest, the lead actress makes that a little easier to do.

• Like 2

I just started watching Rescue Me again from the beginning.  It is quite funny the difference in portrayal of the fire fighters between it and the current 911/911: Lonestar.  Drastically different!

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Probably already discussed on here but I just started watching Counterpart and am loving it. I'm easily confused by complex plots, and I spend a lot of time not knowing exactly what's going on. (I also abused my eardrums as a kid and have trouble making out a lot of dialogue in anything I watch.)  But the show is so unique- just a really cool and different story- and well written (I think), and the acting is off the charts. JK Simmons deserves all the praise he's gotten and more. Highly highly recommend. Streaming via Prime.

Emily in Paris is, well, I dunno yet. Have only watched 2 episodes. It's spot on as far as my frame of reference from a few days as an American in Paris goes, but, like, that's not enough to base an entire series around. It did have some really interesting takes on heavier themes, so I'll stick with it at least a bit longer. Gotta be honest, the lead actress makes that a little easier to do.

I'll try both

• Like 1

Loving Wandavision. Such a nice way to set up the new Marvel phase. 

Loki and the Falcon/Winter soldier series’ look promising as well. 

Watching It's a Sin on HBO Max. Remarkable show. Three episodes in on what I just learned is a five episode limited run. The tone changes in a hurry, as you would expect from a show about gay men confronting the AIDS epidemic in the 80s. But they do an amazing job of setting up the characters and their relationships with each other to make the ongoing stories that much more poignant, and there is tons of humor mixed in with the sad stuff. Yes, there are a lot of sex scenes but they are key to the storytelling and aren't at all gratuitous. I'm honestly timid about watching the last couple episodes because they are almost certain to be very sad, but it's just too good not to. Kind of like Chernobyl in that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, the final season 1 episode of WandaVision is out. After you watch it, having watched the entire series, what is your take?

No Marvel hundred-movie background take, because my interest in the whole Marvwel Universe hundred movie thing waned long ago. Just the series by itself.

was it as engrossing as the first year of Westworld?

Was it as good as the first year of Altered Carbon?

To me, those were both great first seasons. Characters I was really trying to figure out. Storylines that were complex and kept me engaged.

Can WandaVision do that for me?

Edited by AURex

43 minutes ago, AURex said:

Okay, the final season 1 episode of WandaVision is out. After you watch it, having watched the entire series, what is your take?

No Marvel hundred-movie background take, because my interest in the whole Marvwel Universe hundred movie thing waned long ago. Just the series by itself.

was it as engrossing as the first year of Westworld?

Was it as good as the first year of Altered Carbon?

To me, those were both great first seasons. Characters I was really trying to figure out. Storylines that were complex and kept me engaged.

Can WandaVision do that for me?

I personally loved the series.  Fascinated by the direction at the shows conclusion.  I can't say a comparison to the other shows because I haven't viewed them.  I think it was a successful first series in the next phase of MCU.

Finally got around to watch The Sopranos and I really enjoyed it.  It is interesting to watch it now as a lot of what they did would not be acceptable today as in how they treated women on the show.  It is a shame James  Gandolfini died.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Sorry if already mentioned, but Ted Lasso on Apple TV is really good. 

Gonna have to do a free trial with Apple just to binge that show. 

• Like 1

I am watching Friends on Netflix. They are always on top! People are saying that friends is running out of ideas and that the humour is getting dull. Running out of ideas? possibly. Humour getting feeble? absolutely not. Chandler's sarcasm is still as funny as ever. Monica's quirkiness still works. Phoebe's goofiness still brings about a smile. And Joey,Rachel and Ross are still as funny as they always were.  I love watching it at home with friends or with family while drinking coffee or vine. I watch them when I feel good, I watch them when I feel sad... Friends are always here for me!

• Love 1