Television Shows

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Totally agree.  

Btw I'm halfway into S4 of Last Kingdom. Great watch. 

I gotta be honest, though. My hearing isn't great and it seems like there are 14 different characters named Ethel Fred. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out whether they're talking about. But it helped a lot when they killed one of them!

• Haha 4

Pardon me if this has already been said but "Winning Time" on HBO

Edited by Didba

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Seems so long ago I may need to rewatch season 3

Agreed.  I have no idea whose grave that is.  I think that is the lifeguard but I can’t remember.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

My goodness that looks good and a heck of a lot going on lol.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Agreed.  I have no idea whose grave that is.  I think that is the lifeguard but I can’t remember.  

I just finally watch the trailer and damn it looks great

• Like 1

Moon knight is fantastic and compelling.  Only wish it was on a binging service like Netflix so I can watch it all now lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Moon knight is fantastic and compelling.  Only wish it was on a binging service like Netflix so I can watch it all now lol. 

Can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels like watching blockbuster movies in the 80s did for me. Raiders, Back to the Future, etc. All the superlatives. I can't think of many (any?) other properties that have reminded me of that era of films like this does. 

Which is not to say it's nostalgic or derivative at all. It's not, or at least it's not to me. I don't have deep familiarity with Marvel IP like a lot of folks do, so it doesn't go against any preconceived notions of what it should be or call back to things I've already seen done. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels like watching blockbuster movies in the 80s did for me. Raiders, Back to the Future, etc. All the superlatives. I can't think of many (any?) other properties that have reminded me of that era of films like this does. 

Which is not to say it's nostalgic or derivative at all. It's not, or at least it's not to me. I don't have deep familiarity with Marvel IP like a lot of folks do, so it doesn't go against any preconceived notions of what it should be or call back to things I've already seen done. 

Does feel like Indiana Jones in a way.  It's a series that feels like a movie.  I think having Ethan Hawke is adding a lot to that notion.  He's a known great adventure movie character.  But you're right, it's hitting like those epic movies from yesteryear with the storytelling. I too never knew of Moon Knight so everything is a surprise.  I may have to go watch the Indiana Jones series again on DVD now.  Lol

I actually have all the back to future as well haha

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Does feel like Indiana Jones in a way.  It's a series that feels like a movie.  I think having Ethan Hawke is adding a lot to that notion.  He's a known great adventure movie character.  But you're right, it's hitting like those epic movies from yesteryear with the storytelling. I too never knew of Moon Knight so everything is a surprise.  I may have to go watch the Indiana Jones series again on DVD now.  Lol

I actually have all the back to future as well haha

Agreed about Ethan Hawke. Man, being able to keep his composure while walking on broken glass... that's some acting job... lol. Nah, you're right. Oscar Issac does a great job with his dual role, too. 

Great pacing, just the right balance of darkness and levity, a little bit of blood but not too much, it looks great and uncluttered and isn't just CGI overload, a very compelling story like you said with sympathetic characters, great score... it's all the stuff. 

• Like 1

I also watched He-Man Masters of the Universe Revelation on Netflix.  He-man was one of my first childhood heroes on TV. That and ThunderCats hehe.   I was into it.  Good remake.  PG rating is about right.  It's a bit tamer than the other anime like Castlevania and Arcane.  Just a little on the blood violence and an adult word or two but something older kids could watch. 

• Like 1

1883 is so freaking good.  I'm just getting to all these prime and paramount shows.  (Wife just realized we could watch Paramount with prime.  She forgot she never canceled prime 😆.  So we not canceling now lol)  So I was like, share the login!  Cool thing is now I can see what she's been ordering haha.  Shhhh! 🤫

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

1883 is so freaking good.  I'm just getting to all these prime and paramount shows.  (Wife just realized we could watch Paramount with prime.  She forgot she never canceled prime 😆.  So we not canceling now lol)  So I was like, share the login!  Cool thing is now I can see what she's been ordering haha.  Shhhh! 🤫

1883 is very good but Tim M. hair piece is just weird

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

1883 is very good but Tim M. hair piece is just weird

But Faith ....

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

And the daughter

I had to double take on her. She looks like a young Jennifer Lawrence. But both Faith and that girl can act. 

• Like 1

Anyone tried Severance or Outer Range? Severance kept me watching, but it can be a bit weird.

Outer Range looks pretty good so far. Josh Brolin is great in most everything I've seen him in.

57 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Anyone tried Severance or Outer Range? Severance kept me watching, but it can be a bit weird.

Outer Range looks pretty good so far. Josh Brolin is great in most everything I've seen him in.

Will have to check out Severance.

Only watched first episode of OR but it looks promising. Agree about Brolin and the premise is really interesting so far. 

Personally, I'm all in for "800 Words" and "My Name Is Murder" and "Secret City" on Acorn. Plus thew Britbox series "Dr Foster" etc. IMO Netflix is tanking. The only decent program they've had lately is "Cursed" and they cancelled that.

Cancelled Netflix, just like 200,000 other subscribers. Netflix continues raising subscription cost and there's nothing but crappy Ryan Reynolds movies and a big bunch of series that are so mediocre they are cancelled after one year.

Goodbye Netflix.